-Chapter 1-

Color In My Eyes

Today was going to be a very long day. I could feel it. Having to go meet new people and talk about myself always felt like I was reading a novel about myself to them. It's not because I'm interesting, it's because to them I'm like an alien. Why? It has to do with the fact that I'm one of those unlucky individuals in the world that became colorblind. People's first instinct when they meet someone colorblind is to say "Oh! So everything you see is in black and white? My it must be awful for you." At first it used to bother me, making me feel bad about myself for being different, but I'm used to it now. My mom was a carrier and so was my dad, and my dad's dad was semi colorblind and my mom's dad was colorblind so I was sort of destined to be colorblind. It's very rare for a female to be colorblind  and it just so happens that I'm one of those rare individuals in the world to have it. Yay me.

My parents have to go to some banquet thingamajig for rich people so, being the only child, I'm dragged along. I walk to my closet where all of my clothes are in specific outfits so they match since I can't really tell which is what. I pick out this one dress and I'm pretty sure it's red but I'm not for sure. I go downstairs and I find my parents already ready to leave so we get in the car and leave. My parents never really talk to me and they usually talk to each other in the front seat and talk about business while I sit in the back seat and listen to my iPod while listening to my parents. Their conversations are always boring and are about their businesses and how they are doing, but I still listen to them anyway.

We get to the banquet and the building is huge. It's located in some type of convention building located in a really fancy park. We get out of the car and I follow my parents inside. When we walk in there are lots of people dressed up all nice and fancy just to impress each other. My parents go ahead and wander off and I go sit down, all by myself, and watch everyone. Even though I can't tell what people outfit's look like, some do still look really nice. As I'm sitting all alone some man comes to sit next to me and says "Hi I'm William Carter" and holds out his hand.

I smile and shake his hand and say "Nice to meet you, I'm Charity Collins."

He smiles at me and says "So do you have parents here?"

"Yeah, Judy Collins and Mark Collins" I reply.

"Oh! you're their child who's colorblind." he says.

"Uh, yeah I am. And how do you know that?" I ask.

"Well everyone knows your parents, I just didn't know who their child was. Plus everyone also knows about you." he says. I start to get uncomfortable and say "Um, it was nice talking to you but you'll have to excuse me." I get up and go to find my parents. I feels stares directed at me and people whispering, obviously about me.

When I finally find my parents whisper to my mom, "Can I go outside for a bit?" She doesn't even look at me and says "Fine." I leave the building and I sit on the sidewalk and take a deep breath of fresh air. After sitting there for a minute I get up and walk around the park. I sit on a bench that is where the playground is and I see all of the little kids playing on the swing set. As I'm watching them I see this guy sitting at the other side of the playground and he is drawing something. I then start to watch him. The way he looks up every so often to look at his surroundings and take it all in before he goes back to his sketchbook. I then start to notice more of him. His worn out yet stylish clothes, his scarf that hangs down from his neck, his hat, and his tiny little pencil that rests on his ear. His left one to be exact. I couldn't seem to look away. I see his eyes look up and I quickly look away so that he doesn't catch me. He looks back down at his sketchbook and then, he flips his sketchbook over and it reads "It's rude to stare"

 

 


 

Yay first chapter! I hope you guys like it (even though it's kinda short) and I hope it isn't too bad considering the fact that this is my first fanfic so I'm SO excited about writing this! Also if you don't know what a carrier is it's someone who has any type of disease (like colorblind) but the disease isn't active in them. Does that make sense? Anyways this chapter took me a long time to write but it was totally worth it!