Chapter 8

Black Pearl

~Re-uploaded; Edited~


 

 

 

        Joonmyun yawned as he the faucet in his bathroom to wash his hands. His eyes were blurry with sleep as he looked into the mirror to fix his hair, and he quickly tried to rub the sleepy feeling away with the help of the warm liquid.

        It was his normal morning routine. Wake up, use the bathroom and clean up, then attempt to fix his hair, only to leave it alone until he actually tried after breakfast. But this time it was different, because he noticed a certain unicorn Band-Aid peeling off of his hand as he reached for a hand towel.

        Ever since his encounter with the cute unicorn boy in the forest, his mind had been filled with images of the boy's face. Not only his face, but the way he was able to take the pain away from his hand without using my sort of ointment or medicine, too. Suho still felt the way his fingers had moved on his injured hand, and it remained a mystery to him how the boy had worked his magic.

        Suho was suddenly hit with a realization that made him feel wide awake. Magic... He ripped off the rest of the pink Band-Aid and stared at his hand, searching for any sign that he had been hurt, but there was none. His hand was perfectly normal, and he could only stare at it in pure disbelief.

        He couldn't have... Magic? Superpowers? It's the only explanation...

        "Joonmyun? Are you in here?"

        Suho finally looked up when he heard Xiumin calling his name from what he assumed was the entrance to his bedroom. Moments later, the older teen poked his head into the bathroom with a smile.

        "Kyungsoo wanted me to let you know that he made breakfast for everyone today."

        Suho threw the used Band-Aid in the trash and finished drying his hands, which trembled slightly under the cover of the fabric. "Okay, thanks Minseok."

        Xiumin stayed by the door, tilting his head slightly with eyes widened in concern. "Is your hand okay?"

        Suho looked at his hand, then to his friend and back again. "It's perfectly fine…"

 

 

 

 

        Luhan laughed out loud as Sehun told him yet another one of his ridiculous jokes. They were truly horrible, but he still found himself dying of laughter after every one.

        They were currently sitting on swings at a park, talking as they enjoyed their afternoon together. Only two weeks had passed a since Luhan took Sehun out for tea as thanks, and they had met up almost every day since then. Luhan kept finding the High school freshman to be more and more interesting, so they'd end up making plans to hang out again. He knew it was a bad idea, but he couldn't even think of pushing his younger friend away.

        "Hey Luhan."

        He looked over as Sehun said his name. "Yes?"

        "Can I ask why you’re always wearing sunglasses?"

        Sehun's question caught Luhan off guard, and he quickly searched for something to say. He fumbled with his hands and reactively readjusted the mentioned sunglasses.

        "My eyes are sensitive to sunlight."

        Sehun looked to the sky, then back to Luhan, and he caught the suspicion in the younger teen’s voice. "It's really cloudy today, though."

        Luhan bit his lip, heart pounding in his chest. Sehun was an awesome friend and he didn't want him to leave if he told him the truth. The conversation was passing over dangerous water, and he had to prevent Sehun’s suspicion from going any further.

        "Well... Why are you always wearing a hat?"

        "I got a bad haircut a while back." Sehun replied coolly, leaning forward with narrowed eyes. "Wait, are you insecure about your eyes or something?"

        “I might be." Luhan lied, going along with what he said, though he couldn't help but feel bad immediately after. He hesitated with much inner conflict before going on. "Sehun... You aren't a bad person, are you?"

        Sehun looked very clearly confused. "I don't think I'm bad. Why?"

        Luhan looked around, still debating on whether or not to reveal his whole face as he was so close to doing at that moment. However, he couldn't expose himself on the swings, since any passersby could see. His eyes landed on the play set beside them, and he grabbed Sehun's hand, pulling him up to the top entrance of the swirly tube slide. Luhan pushed the younger teen in backwards without any notice or explanation, and Sehun put his hands out to stop himself from sliding down.

        "What are you doing!?"

        Luhan sat at the entrance to the slide, his legs hitting Sehun's as the boy re-arranged them underneath himself. "Do you want to see my face or not?"

        Sehun didn't answer, freezing within the tube slide in an awkward crouching position, and Luhan exhaled as he slowly removed his sunglasses. He watched Sehun's reaction carefully, hoping his friend wasn't a part of the group Kyungsoo had encountered. Luckily, Sehun's eyes only widened, a look of disbelief and pure fascination crossing his features.

        "Your insecure about these eyes?"

        Luhan found himself blushing at the way Sehun was staring at him, and he quickly moved to put his sunglasses back on.

        "I might be." He repeated, avoiding Sehun's eyes. "Anyway, we can get out now."

        Luhan moved back, trying to get out the way they came in, but small hands pressed on his back out of nowhere. He looked over his shoulder to see a little boy and what seemed to be his sister, both grinning wide.

        "The only way to go is down!"

        "Have fun~!"

        Then they pushed Luhan down hard, and he brought Sehun with him, yelping as his friend's body fell onto his from above. He’d slipped right beneath Sehun’s suspended body, but as both of them were unprepared for the sudden use of force, the boy collapsed painfully on top of him. They awkwardly reached the bottom with lots of jerky elbow and knee movements, and Luhan's previous blush darkened at how close they’d become.

        "I am so sorry!" Sehun apologized quickly, making an attempt to get up, only to hit his head on the roof of the slide. He ducked his head in quite obvious pain, only making the two teens closer than ever. With their noses practically touching, their faces both grew very red. Their positions didn't help the awkward situation, with Luhan directly between Sehun's arms and legs, and Luhan tried to look at something other than Sehun's face.

        "Is your head okay?" As it turns out, Luhan was incapable of doing much of anything at that moment, and he mentally smacked himself for asking such a ridiculous question. Sehun didn’t seem to have a proper answer, either, and it was all in all and awkward situation to be in.

        "Uh, yeah..."

        Luhan had no idea what to do from there, and he couldn't just get up in his position without resulting in something that he’d later regret. His heart was pounding in his chest and he had no idea how much time passed before Sehun finally managed to exit the slide with minimal contact between them. They still didn't look at each other, and Luhan took the chance to check his phone for the time. It was almost time for dinner, and he only then looked at Sehun.

        "I have to go. I think I might need to help with dinner tonight."

        Sehun nodded, but he still wasn’t looking at him. "I guess I'll text you, then."

        Luhan managed a small smile, seeing that he wasn't being ignored or anything. "I'm sorry for choosing the slide... You know… So I guess I'll see you later."

        Sehun nodded again, eyes directed to the woodchips below his feet. "See ya."

        Luhan's smile quickly disappeared, and he stared sadly at Sehun before turning his back and leaving without another word.

 

 

 

 

        Baekhyun stretched himself out on one of the living room couches, relishing in the feel of his extending limbs until his feet landing comfortably on Chanyeol's lap. His younger but taller friend let out a deep chuckle because of the some-what intimate action, lips turned up in a strikingly handsome lop-sided grin. "Comfy?"

        "If you don't like it, then move." Baekhyun answered simply, arranging some of the couch pillows underneath himself.

        "I'm not complaining." Chanyeol replied smoothly, which resulted in an unexpected opposing tone from the other.

        "Well you should be." Baekhyun grumbled, mood suddenly sour. "How can you not complain about this place?"

        "What is there to even complain about?" Chanyeol asked with an honest smile, though his eyebrows turned down as though he were puzzled. "I really like it here."

        "The bathroom, for one." Baekhyun stated, though Chanyeol didn’t seem to pick up on what he thought was obvious.

        "Bathrooms?"

        "Yes, bathrooms." Baekhyun motioned to the huge living room they were in with both arms for emphasis. "There should be a bathroom in here! I really have to go and I'm not walking all the way up to my room to take a two second piss!"

        Chanyeol hesitated, then laughed heartily. The action shook both of their bodies, as Baekhyun’s legs still connected them. "Are you that lazy?" He asked. "Luhan and Tao run up those stairs all day long like it’s nothing."

        "But I'm not Luhan or Tao." Baekhyun pointed out, motioning to himself with a hand running down his torso. "I'm the beautiful, light wielding, Byun Baekhyun."

        "Oh, my mistake Your Majesty." Chanyeol joked, bowing his head in mock respect. "How will I be able to live after making such a mistake?"

        Baekhyun tapped his fingers on his chin, lips pursed in thought. "I think I may be capable of sparing your life...but only if you become my faithful servant in return."

        "Anything for the beautiful queen." From his bowed position, Chanyeol’s eyes flicked up to look at Baekhyun. His lips formed a wide grin, which stretched his cheeks and made his eyes shine, and Baekhyun's face started to heat up for reasons unknown to him. He quickly took his feet off Chanyeol's lap, after that, choosing instead to stand on the couch.

        "Be a good servant and carry me upstairs." He ordered, pointing at the open space in front of him, where he was only half expecting Chanyeol to submit and offer his service. However, instead of allowing Baekhyun to climb on his back, Chanyeol surprised Baekhyun by picking him up bridal style.

        "Wait! What are you doing!?" Baekhyun exclaimed, a blush creeping onto his face. His senses heightened the feel of Chanyeol’s hands grasping his thighs and torso, and heat swept throughout his body at the gentle yet strong touch.

        "What do you mean, Your Majesty? I'm carrying you up to your royal bathroom." Chanyeol said as though it were obvious, but Baekhyun was slipping away from the roleplay that’d formed with the realization that Chanyeol was serious about taking him to his room.

        "I just wanted a piggy back ride." Baekhyun told him as they began their ascent up the main staircase.

        "Oh, but what's the fun in that?" Chanyeol asked brightly, though he grunted slightly on a difficult step upwards.

        "Hey, you’re going to hurt yourself." Baekhyun whined softly. . "I'm not exactly light, you know."

        "But you’re not too heavy, either." Chanyeol insisted, shifting his arms to get a better grip.  Baekhyun only felt a shift in his lower stomach, though, and he quickly whipped out a hand to bring the giant to a halt.

        "Ah! I really have to go now! Don't do that!" He shouted quickly, reminding the other of his dire need to use the restroom.

        "Well why'd you wait so long!?" Chanyeol exclaimed in return.

        "Just shut up and hurry before I explode!!" Baekhyun practically screeched, clutching onto the other’s shoulders.

        "Can you make it to your room?" Chanyeol's voice was urgent, and Baekhyun just shook his head, the action jolting through his body.

        "Your room!" He gasped, and Chanyeol’s long legs hurried up the remainder of the steps. Baekhyun anxiously waited for Chanyeol to drop him, but thankfully it never happened. He reached out with a hand to open Chanyeol’s bedroom door, grateful yet again that it was right at the top of the stairs, and Chanyeol hurriedly carried him inside. Once they turned the corner into the bathroom, Baekhyun was gingerly set down so as to not wet himself.

        After he finished relieving himself and washed his hands, Baekhyun left the bathroom with a heavy sigh. He was worn out after that bout of craziness, and he was met with Chanyeol sitting  on his bed, his face a light shade of pink. Baekhyun wondered why, until he turned and saw Chen sitting on his own bed by the door. They must’ve gone right past him without even knowing, and now Baekhyun’s face mirrored that of Chanyeol’s.

        "Jongdae... D-Did you see that?" He asked slowly, voice catching due to embarrassment.

        "Well, I saw something." Jongdae answered, eyes flicking up from his held book. "I'm not going to ask, though."

        "Don't take that the wrong way!" Baekhyun said quickly. "We were just messing around and I had to use the bathroom!"

        "Messing around, huh?" Chen's eyebrow rose suspiciously, and Baekhyun’s cheeks sparked with an intense heat.

        "Let me rephrase that..." He started, but trailed off as Chen turned a page of the book he was reading.

        "It's none of my business what you guys do in your free time."

        Baekhyun let out a sigh. "You better not go spreading false rumors."

        "Oh no. It's much more amusing for everyone else to find out on their own."

        While Baekhyun threw his arms up in the air and groaned, Chen merely laughed, seeming to find jokes about his friends’ “relationships” to be entertaining.

        "I'm so done!"

 

 

 

 


 

   I hope that was funny and enjoyable.

   Sorry it's not that long. I tried.

   That is all.