Chapter 11

Black Pearl

Edited; Re-uploaded


 

 

 

          Luhan's morning started out great. He woke up, ate a wonderful breakfast that Kyungsoo had prepared, then he received a good morning text from Sehun while he was in the shower. Now he sat in the living room, reading yet another text that he had just received. This one wasn't from Sehun, though, and Luhan's happy mood was instantly shattered as he read the message.

          My dear child, are you okay? It's been almost two months since you left. I know why, I watch the news, but I hope you will return home soon. You haven't answered any of my texts, but I keep going in case you do. I miss you so much. Please be okay. I love you.

          Tears threatened to spill more and more with each word that he read, but Luhan continued re-reading the many long texts his mom had previously sent him. He had answered none of them, fearing for her safety.

          It was hard. He could so easily text her back and ease the pain in both their hearts, but something held him back. He could hardly explain exactly what.

          He missed his mom so much, but he couldn't tell her. If he did, he'd end up going back home, and he couldn't. Not yet.

          Almost as if trying to cheer him up, he got another sudden text from Sehun. Luhan opened the message, any sad thoughts disappearing. He moved his thumbs to reply when he heard Joonmyun's curious voice behind him.

          "Who are you texting?"

          Luhan glanced over his shoulder, then answered as calmly as he could.

          "Just Minseok."

          "Did I hear my name?"

          Luhan's mouth dropped open as Minseok himself walked casually into the room. He picked up a jacket that rested over the back of a lounge chair, giving Luhan a questionable—then almost guilty—look, as if he’d realized he’d made a mistake.

          "Never mind. It doesn't matter." He added quickly, flashing a smile before exiting the room.

          Luhan swallowed the lump that’d just formed in his throat, not daring to look at Joonmyun. He had lied straight to his face and got caught.

          There were a few moments of silence before Joonmyun even spoke again.

          "Who did you say you’re texting?"

          Luhan brought his phone to his chest. "Does it matter?"

          "Yes, it does." Joonmyun said, moving to stand in front of Luhan. "It isn't a girl, is it?"

          Luhan blushed, imagining Sehun as a girl for just a moment. "What? No..."

          "Luhan!"

          Said boy flinched. Joonmyun never raised his voice.

          "You should know better than to get involved with a girl, especially with how we are. We can't be having relationships while the world treats us like this. They won't accept us, Luhan. They—"

          "Stop!" Luhan cut him off, his hands trembling along with his voice. "I'm not even talking to a girl! You don't know Sehun! If I told him, I bet he'd understand!"

          "Luhan, listen to yourself! Do you really believe that?"

          No... Luhan stood up, suddenly on the verge of tears. He couldn't listen anymore, so he bolted out of the room. Joonmyun yelled after him, but he ignored him. He shoved on his shoes and took off out of the house, not stopping until he reached the edge of the forest surrounding his home.

          Luhan's chest heaved as he caught his breath, but he continued on walking. He searched desperately for something else to think of, but only Sehun came to mind, which then led to Joonmyun. Joonmyun was the last person that he had thought would raise his voice like that, and Luhan knew he was right. He'd have to tell Sehun about his powers eventually and, like any other normal person, Sehun would turn him in to the police.

          "Luhan?"

          Said boy looked up, shocked as his name was spoken. Sehun was walking towards him, of all people, and he managed to smile when he saw his face despite the circumstances.

          "Sehun!"

          Luhan ran up to his friend, but Sehun didn't share his happiness. In fact, Sehun looked anything but happy, and Luhan's smile faded as quickly as it came.

          "What's wrong?"

          "Luhan, I have something to tell you."  Sehun said seriously, taking hold of Luhan's shoulders, whose heart beat quickened at the touch.

          "W-What is it?"

          Everything around them became a blur as Luhan stared at Sehun, and it seemed like an eternity passed before Sehun finally continued.

          "We can't see each other anymore."

          Something snapped inside Luhan's chest and his mouth fell open. Any hopes of Sehun confessing were gone and the threatening tears finally slid down his face.

          "W-What do you mean?"

          "We can't meet or text anymore." Sehun went on, his expression unreadable. "I'm sorry."

          Luhan shook his head slowly. He couldn't believe it.

          "No, you can't go." His words came out as a sudden sob, his hands clutching onto Sehun's shirt. "We can't just not meet after this!"

          Sehun grabbed Luhan's wrists, tugging on them gently.

          "Luhan, you have to forget about me."

          "I can't do that, Sehun! I care about you so much!" Luhan squeezed his eyes shut, letting out a series of pathetic sobs. "Please... I really care about you..." He wiped away his nonstop tears, which was a useless action, before continuing. "I don't care that you’re a guy, or that we've only known each other for a month! I love you! I don't want you to leave!"

          Through blurry eyes, Luhan stared at Sehun, who stepped forward to pull Luhan into a tight hug. For a moment, he thought Sehun would take back what he said, but then there was a soft whisper in his ear.

          "I'm so sorry, Luhan..."

          Sehun pulled away hastily, not meeting Luhan's gaze, then he turned and left. Just like that.

          Luhan was frozen on the spot, unable to chase after him. His chest hurt like he had been stabbed, and he fell to his knees in the middle of the sidewalk. It was dramatic, but his legs were already sore and the added pain of a broken heart rendered him too weak to stand and face the facts.

          Luhan became hyper aware of his surroundings all of a sudden, but the passersby didn't seem to notice him. He felt small within the crowd of pedestrians walking by; invisible as he faced this pain alone. He wanted to curl up in his room and sleep forever, but he had to move to get there and he didn't want to do that. Joonmyun would be there, anyways, and he didn't want to talk with him either.

          Luhan reluctantly got back on his feet, every part of his body screaming at him, telling him to just sit back and rot away.

          Sehun didn't like him, and everyone else hated his kind, so what better was there to do?

          Then his mother floated up to the surface of his mind. She still loved him, and that's all that matters......Right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

          "Myun, have you seen Luhan? I need to borrow his hair dryer."

          Joonmyun looked up from his phone when he heard his nickname, automatically knowing that it was Yixing. The teen had just walked out of their shared bathroom, a towel around his neck to prevent water from dripping onto his fresh clothes. His wet hair stuck to his face and he swiped at a water droplet rolling down his cheek.

          "I haven't seen him in a while." Joonmyun answered. "Why don't you just towel dry your hair?"

          "It turns out straighter if I blow dry it." Yixing explained, messing with the wet strands of brown hair on his forehead. “And I know you don’t like using your abilities much…”

          "I like it when it's wavy, but maybe Baekhyun has one." Joonmyun said, looking back to his phone guiltily. He didn't really want the conversation to include Luhan, still ruffled from their conversation that morning, and he felt bad for refusing to use his powers unless necessary. Some part of him seemed to think that they’d be found sooner if he used them, even if he was out of sight. That’s exactly what he’d told Yixing, who kindly respected his fears. It was one of the reasons he liked Yixing’s presence so much, as he was able to tell him many things without worry, yet for the first time he was relieved when Yixing left the room.

          Thinking back to earlier that day, Joonmyun felt truly horrible. All the worry that he held in for the older boy for the past month was unleashed when he found that Luhan was texting people. He had snapped, but he was never angry. He was just worried about Luhan. Joonmyun knew how joyful and caring Luhan was, and he could tell that it wouldn't take much to break him. He just didn't want Luhan to hurt himself.

          It's probably too late for that...

          With a sigh, Joonmyun slid off his bed and headed down to the kitchen. It would be time for dinner soon and he hoped that Luhan had returned. He needed to apologize to him.

          In the kitchen, Kyungsoo was preparing food, like usual. But instead of Luhan standing at his side, it was Chanyeol. Jongin sat on the island countertop, an apple in his hand.

          As Joonmyun entered, Jongin turned to greet him, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol keeping themselves busy with the preparations. "What's up?"

          "I was just checking up on dinner." Joonmyun said, looking around. No sign of Luhan.

          "It would be done by now, but we're falling slightly behind." Kyungsoo spoke up, glancing back momentarily. "Luhan didn't come to help me today. Have you seen him?"

          Joonmyun froze. Luhan wasn't back yet? It'd been a few hours, so he would've thought he'd returned. He must've skipped lunch, too. They didn't usually eat together for the second meal of the day, so he wasn't completely sure.

          "I haven't seen him since after breakfast." Joonmyun replied, guilt washing over him.

          It was his fault that Luhan wasn't back yet. He'd yelled at the soft boy and now he was gone.

          "Hm. I wonder where he went." Chanyeol murmured aloud.

          Joonmyun couldn't bring himself to tell them what happened. He didn't know himself where Luhan went, so it didn't matter in a way, but who knew if Luhan would come back?

          He turned around and rubbed his face, squeezing his eyes shut.

          What have I done?

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Luhan wandered the streets all day, his entire body numb. He knew it had to happen eventually, but it still hurt. In a way, Luhan was happy that Sehun cut off their friendship. He wouldn't have been able to do it himself, and that made him wonder how Sehun was feeling about it.

          Why did he do it? Does he dislike Luhan? Is he too old? They're only a few years apart, so Luhan didn't care, but did Sehun? Maybe it was because they're both guys...

          It was all Luhan could think about and he wished for something to serve as a distraction. His phone had died a while ago, so he couldn't play any games, but even then, he had pictures and texts from Sehun, which wouldn’t have helped at all. Going home was always an option but not even Lay would be able to heal his wounds.

          The pain from the gaping hole in his heart blocked out all of his other senses, so when it started raining, it took Luhan a good fifteen minutes to feel the chill. The sky was already dark, a mix of dark clouds and the setting sun.

          It was time for Luhan to make a decision. Would he go home to sleep and sulk? Or would he find a nice bush to hide out in until he felt better?

          In Luhan's current state, the bush sounded great, but someone else decided otherwise. As he set off in search of suitable shelter, a large hand grabbed his wrist to stop him.

          Turning around, Luhan came face to face—more like face to chest—with a tall man. He got a strange feeling when he looked at the man's partially hidden face and tried to pull his hand away, but the man kept a strong grip.

          "Who are you?" Luhan asked, his voice hoarse.

          The man ignored his question, instead using his free hand to tilt Luhan's head up harshly. Luhan stared at him with wide eyes, then the man pressed a button on the device lodged in his ear before finally speaking.

          "I've got him."

          Realization suddenly hit him. They've found me!

          Luhan tore his hand out of the man's grasp, looking around for something to use in his defense. His wrist hurt, but he ignored it as he spotted a fallen tree branch on the side of the road they stood in.

          Focusing his mind on that single branch, Luhan was able to make it move with ease, swinging it into the man. He crashed into the old stone building behind him, the branch falling to his feet.

          Luhan took this chance to sprint down the street, his eyes wide after what he had done. He'd used his powers to hurt someone for the first time, and he hoped that no one was around to see it. He didn't exactly want to, but staying alive and free sounded nice so he had no choice, really.

          Luhan rounded the next corner he came to, skidding to a slippery halt when another man blocked his path. This one wasn't as tall, but his body was clearly built. He advanced towards Luhan, who looked around for another makeshift weapon as he backed away.

          But before Luhan could even think of attacking, something covered his eyes. A second later, his hands were being tied behind his back and some sort of cloth got shoved in his mouth. Hands grabbed at his arms and legs, lifting him off of the ground, and he struggled in their grip, fear running swiftly through him.

          Somehow, they had found a weakness of his: blindfolds. Without sight, Luhan was in no control over an object. He'd tried many times when he was young, but he was never able to fully handle anything. He couldn't count how many times he’d hit himself by accident because he couldn't see what he was doing, and he couldn't risk hurting anyone else, so he was left to rely on his physical strength in this instance.

          But with the long day Luhan had, he felt weak, emotionally and physically, and it didn't help that his legs were now being bound together. And as if that wasn't enough, he had to get shoved headfirst into some sort of sack.

          As he was picked up between two people, he let his body go limp. He was already worn out, and there was no use in fighting anyway. No one was there to help him and it's not like they would care that he went missing. All that was on his mind at that moment was that nothing could hurt more than losing Sehun. He was still angry that he couldn't even enjoy the feel of Sehun's arms around him before he left. He wished to feel him again, then he could die happy...maybe...

          The sudden jerking of Luhan's body snapped him out of his thoughts. The hands gripping onto his body tightened as he swayed, almost as if they had gotten knocked off balance, then they loosened considerably. Luhan yelped as he felt himself falling, and there was a loud groan underneath him as he landed. The rope keeping his hands together dug painfully into his skin and he shifted his body to ease the pressure. Water from the ground reached through the sack and soaked him even further, if that was possible, and rain continued pouring down from above. Luhan shivered at a sudden and misplaced breeze, not that he wasn't shivering before.

          Water then splashed nearby, making Luhan freeze. Someone was coming towards him.

          Expecting to be carried away again, Luhan was surprised when the end of the bag opened and he was set on his feet. With another gust of cold air, the sack slipped off of his body. Within the next few moments, a pair of hands moved to undo the ropes holding Luhan's limbs. Lastly, the hand moved to his face, feeling surprisingly familiar as they brushed against his skin. The blindfold slid slowly off his head and Luhan blinked open his eyes, which immediately widened in shock once the image before him came into focus.

          "S-Sehun..."

          The younger teen stood before him, his gaze pointed downwards. His clothes clung to his body and his hair stuck awkwardly out of his hat. What had once been yellow-blonde hair was now pure white, the tips a light pink. Sehun didn't meet Luhan's eyes, and tears suddenly spilled down his face, mixing with raindrops.

          "I hate you so much..." Luhan sobbed, his vision quickly blurring. "I confessed to you even when I wasn't supposed to and you still left... Do you know how much that hurts?" He curled his fingers into fists and squeezed his eyes shut, his voice gradually getting louder. "I shouldn't have bought you tea that day! I thought I'd eventually be able to tell you and maybe you'd understand that I don't want to hurt anyone!" Luhan choked on his own words and shook his head. "But you said I couldn't see you anymore! I screwed up before even telling you my secret! Then you just left!" Luhan felt light-headed, his breath coming in short gasps, but he waited until he was done before taking proper breaths. "And somehow you still managed to find me when I needed you most, after all that! I don't know how you did it, but God, Sehun! I love you so much!"

          "Luhan..."

          Blinking his eyes rapidly, Luhan looked up at Sehun, still recovering from his sudden rant. The younger teen had finally spoken, but he was looking at something past Luhan's shoulder when he did so.

          "What is that?"

          Confused, Luhan looked behind him, his previous rant forgotten. In the air, several objects were suspended. Rocks, garbage, and even the ropes that had once been on Luhan's body were floating mid-air. His emotions must've triggered his powers, and his heart stopped at the sight.

          Eyes wide, Luhan faced Sehun.

          "I...I..."

          "Are you doing this?"

          Something flashed across Sehun's face—hope, maybe—and Luhan slowly nodded.

          "Please... I won't hurt you..." He murmured, voice trembling with fear. "Don't turn me in..."

          Sehun only shook his head, abruptly pulling Luhan into a tight hug.

          "I would never do that, Luhan. Because…I'm the same as you."

          In that moment, Luhan was filled with too many unexplainable emotions. He brought his hands up to cling onto the back of Sehun's wet shirt, forcing down happy tears. He forgot about the rain and all of the earlier pain he felt. He didn't care that it was probably the middle of the night and he had no idea where they were. All he cared about was Sehun, and this time he enjoyed their embrace, knowing it wouldn’t be their last.

          After what seemed like a glorious eternity, Sehun pulled back so they could look each other in the eye.

          "You know... I've liked you ever since I first laid eyes on you." Sehun confessed, his cheeks turning pink due to the cheesy confession. "I didn't tell you because I didn't know you also had special abilities, and I wanted to end things before it was too late."

          Luhan couldn't help but smile. "It was already too late for me."

          And despite the explanation he’d just made, Sehun nodded. "Me, too."

          His hand moved up to Luhan's face, his thumb rubbing gently against his cheek. Luhan leaned into his touch, closing his eyes with a happy sigh. He felt like he could stand there forever, and a whole new set of feelings rushed through him as he felt something soft press against his lips during his moment of vulnerability.

          Luhan's eyes shot open in surprise, but they quickly closed again as he leaned into the soft kiss Sehun was giving him. His body was filled with a warmth that only Sehun could bring, and not even the freezing rain could make it go away.

          After a few moments, Sehun pulled away and Luhan's lips spread into a wide grin.

          "This isn't really how I imagined my first dream kiss in the rain to be, but I guess it'll have to do."

          Sehun rolled his eyes playfully, taking Luhan's hand in his own.

          "We should probably get out of this rain, though. We'll get sick."

          Luhan agreed with a nod and replied without thinking. "We can go to my place. The others won't mind."

          "Others?"

          Luhan nodded again, squeezing Sehun's hand. "You'll see~!"

 

 

 

 


   I hope you guys enjoyed! This is one chapter I thought of from the very beginning and I've been waiting to write it. I love writing Hunhan, I've realized. 

   Starting with the next chapter, things will begin changing for them. 😉 

   Oh yeah, and I was wondering, are you supposed to rate a chapter M if there's violence? Because I kinda just realized I may not have said that I Kinda maybe wanted to add a lil bit of action starting in the next chapter..... It won't be anything too detailed, but I was unsure...