Chapter 13

Black Pearl

Edited; Re-uploaded


 

 

 

          Joonmyun was sitting in his room like he would any normal day, when loud noises from outside suddenly disrupted his peace. Getting up and striding to the other end of the room, he opened his door in time to see Baekhyun running upstairs with some blonde chick he had never seen before.

          "Suho! We have to get away from here! There's no time to explain!" Baekhyun shouted fearfully, his eyes wide.

          Just as he finished speaking, Joonmyun saw a figure dressed in all black reach the top of the stairs. Baekhyun turned just in time, pushing his open palm into the guy's face as it flashed brightly, blinding the intruder.

          In an instant, Baekhyun was at Luhan's room, probably to warn him and Sehun. More people appeared at the top of the stairs and Joonmyun slammed his door shut, locking it.

          "Yixing!" Joonmyun yelled for his roommate, running towards his sleeping form. "Yixing! Wake up!"

          "Joonmyun... What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing his eyes, completely oblivious to the events going on right outside.

          "Hurry, Yixing! We need to leave now!"

          Joonmyun pulled Yixing to his feet, still aware that he was half asleep, and pretty much dragged him to the window between their beds. He shoved his dresser aside and opened the window as much as possible, glad to see that there was an emergency escape ladder.

          Banging sounded at the door and Joonmyun grabbed Yixing's shoulder's. "Yixing! Climb down the ladder! Hurry!"

          With Joonmyun's help, Yixing managed to safely climb out the window, where he slowly began to descend down the ladder. Joonmyun followed soon after, watching his bedroom door fly open just before he went down.

          They were hit hard with cold night air since neither of them wore jackets. Once on the ground, Joonmyun looked around to see that all of the others had made it out. They were all heading into the trees behind the house, where he could see the blonde girl shouting to them.

          Taking Yixing's hand, Joonmyun ran after them, trying to ignore the rocks and puddles he stepped on with his bare feet. He could barely see, the moon being the only light source in the night.

          "Myun... I'm tired... Why are we running?"

          "Hold on, Xing." Joonmyun said, panting. "I see the others up ahead."

          Despite his hard breathing and burning legs, he pushed himself to move faster. Everything was happening so fast, he barely had time to register or even comprehend the situation. And out of nowhere, a gunshot rang through the air, followed by a pain in his left leg that sent him tumbling to the damp ground. A scream ripped through his throat as he curled up, struggling to endure the sudden agony. It was definitely no ordinary bullet.

          "Joonmyun!"

          At the sound of Yixing's terrified voice, he looked up through tear-filled eyes. Some sort of vine was wrapped around Yixing's left arm and Joonmyun reached out for his other hand, though there was no way he would be of any help.

          Luhan was suddenly at Yixing's side, struggling to get rid of the vine on his friend's wrist. Joonmyun couldn't even use his powers to help, the pain in his leg was too great. He didn't even feel Sehun's hands as he was helped up.

          "Luhan! Watch out!" That was Sehun's voice in his ear as more vines appeared from the darkness, latching onto the bodies of Luhan and Yixing. The two yelped as they fell to the ground, the vines pulling them away.

          "Sehun!"

          "Myun!"

          The two barely got out their names before they disappeared from sight, and Joonmyun collapsed as Sehun suddenly let go of him.

          "NO! LUHAN!!"

 

 

 

 

 

          A giant dragon of flames. Sehun had never seen one before—a dragon—flames or no flames. There it was though, high in the sky. And in the middle of a city at that.

          Looking down, Sehun watched as a plastic bag swirled at his feet, caused by what normal people thought was the natural wind, though it was anything but that.

          No one would believe him if he said he could control the air around them.

 

 

 

 

 

          Sehun woke up the next day after having a restless sleep. He decided to ignore the blazing dragon he saw the day before, feeling uneasy about it.

          Looking at his alarm clock, he saw that it was seven in the morning. He was going to stop going from school from then on, something else he had just recently decided. After seeing the strange event appear on the news, school wasn't one of his priorities anymore. He needed to find a job and save money, just in case something happened to follow the phenomenon.

          Getting out of bed, Sehun walked into his bathroom, stripping out of his clothes before taking a fast shower. Once he was done and dressed, he stood in front of the sink and looked up into the mirror, freezing as he looked at his own reflection. Slowly, he reached up to run a hand through his hair, turning his head to get different angles.

          Did I get pranked, somehow?

          Going back to the shower, he picked up his shampoo and twisted off the cap. Pouring some onto the floor, he saw that it was the same color as it always was.

          So why is my hair purple and orange?

          Returning to the mirror, he grabbed a brush and started brushing through his hair, but the color remained.

          Is it just my imagination?

          Sehun put down the brush and stared into the mirror, unsure of how he was supposed to feel. A few seconds later, he watched as patches of pink appeared, followed by red, blue and yellow, his hair changing until it was fully rainbow.

          This is crazy. First I’m some sort of air bender and now my hair changes color. Great.

          Sighing, Sehun went back into his bedroom and took a hat from his collection, then he once again stood before the mirror. He pulled the beanie onto his head and gently tucked in his bangs, making sure none of his hair could be seen. Taking a step back, he examined himself. He looked a little odd, but it'd have to do.

          I just hope I don't get any more surprises...

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Sehun was having an annoying day so far, having dealt with too many disrespectful people at his cashier job. Someone always had to get an attitude because of one reason or another, all of them ridiculous. He was just glad that no one had been over to his lane in a while. He needed a small break.

          Though that break was over in a matter of seconds when a fellow teenager rolled up with a full cart. He looked to be about a Freshman like Sehun, almost as tall as him, too.

          "Good morning. Would you like paper or plastic?" He asked, going through his normal cashier routine.

          The boy's head jerked up and his lips turned up in a cute smile. "Morning. I'll have plastic please, doubled up if that's alright."

          "No problem." Sehun replied happily, glad that someone knew what they were doing. He began scanning the boy's groceries, putting them in two bags at a time like he wanted. When he finished, he looked at the boy to see that he was staring straight at him. He didn't seem to notice that Sehun was staring back, so he took the time to fully take in the boy's appearance.

          To Sehun, he looked kind of like a girl, but he found it most strange that he was wearing sunglasses inside. His light brown hair looked especially soft, as if he took great care in it. His nose was cute—yes—very cute. Oh, but those lips! Very kissable.

          Sehun was never into having a relationship, and he never bothered questioning his uality, but there was something about this boy that made him very attractive.

          Maybe it was because he looked girly, or maybe Sehun was just going through weird puberty stages, but either way, Sehun wanted to know more about him.

          Realizing they'd been staring at each other for a while, Sehun cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Sir."

          When Sehun spoke, the boy jumped, his face turning a cute pink color. "Y-Yes?"

          Sehun had to fight the urge to hug the life out of the guy right then and there. Is it possible to be so cute that it's illegal?

          Sehun, no. You can be thinking these things. You told yourself you wouldn't fall for anyone when you first got your powers.

          Remembering he had a job to do, Sehun held open his hand, the beginning of a smile on his face. "Are you paying by cash or card?"

          In response, the boy pulled out a wad of cash, handing it over without meeting his eyes. Silently, Sehun counted the money, biting his lip when he saw there wasn't enough. A little awkwardly, he turned to the boy. "Is this all you have, Sir?"

          Sehun watched the boy's eyes get bigger as he began to feel his pockets. His face was slowly becoming red and he sighed after a few more moments.

          "Let's just take a few things off the list..."

          Feeling bad, Sehun reached into his back pocket for his wallet and, making sure none of his coworkers noticed, he slipped a twenty into the cash register.

          "W-Wait... Don't do that. Take that out." The boy said, looking shocked.

          "It's fine. You looked like you have a lot of people to feed. You're only a high schooler, right?" Sehun looked over the boy's body, hoping he wouldn't question the action. He didn't want the boy to know how cute he thought he was, and he totally missed what the boy said next.

          "Just let me help." Sehun continued, words flying out of his mouth. "I really don't care. It's not like I help out every cute person I see, so just feel special. I won't die if I lose twenty dollars."

          Again, the boy started blushing, thanking Sehun. He grabbed the bags of groceries that were set out and Sehun asked if he needed help, partially because he didn't want him to go, but the boy shook his head.

          "I'm a man, so I can carry my own groceries." He said, taking on the full weight of the many bags. Sehun held in a laugh as the boy's arms dropped low. He obviously didn't realize how heavy they were, but Sehun shut up when he saw the embarrassed look on his face.

          "Have a good day, Sir." He said, smiling as kindly as he could.

          The boy was quick to head to the exit, where he met up with a friend of sorts. Sehun watched him go, his smile fading.

          I should've given him my number...

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Sehun was a little too happy when he saw the cute boy with brown hair again. Since he had seen him only a few days earlier, he decided to try and joke around with him a bit, glad to see that he was still able to make him blush.

          He was even happier when the boy started a conversation at the register, though he wished to tell him about his powers, and he was surprised when the boy asked him out for tea as compensation for his kindness. Technically it was Sehun who suggested the tea, but he didn't expect the boy to want to pay him back. Besides, he couldn't pass up a chance to get to know him better. He still didn't even know his name.

          It turned out the day was full of surprises, especially when Sehun found out that he was four years younger than his new crush, who seemed just as surprised. He was able to learn a bit about him, though, and Sehun somehow managed to get his phone number.

          They were able to talk for a while until the older teen had to leave, but Sehun was okay with letting him go this time. That is, until he remembered he still hadn't asked for his name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

          A lot can happen in a single month, and for Sehun, that meant falling in love with the most wonderful guy in the world. He'd fallen hard, especially after seeing Luhan's full face a week earlier—it only took a few days, but he'd finally learned his name—and it was starting to get a little dangerous.

          Sehun had never had feelings for a person like he did for Luhan and he was starting to see signs of Luhan liking him back, which he couldn't allow to happen.

          People like Sehun still weren't welcomed and Luhan didn't know about his powers. He already had to lie about his hair and he didn't want to keep lying to Luhan when it's obvious they shouldn't be together.

          He knew it was a bad idea from the start, but he was stupid then. The closer he got with Luhan, the more he felt like he was putting him in some sort of danger, and he'd do anything to keep Luhan safe. Even if that meant they couldn't be friends anymore.

          Sehun was walking through town, deciding how he was going to talk to Luhan about the subject, when he saw him walking in his direction by chance.

          Luhan looked happy to see him, as always, but Sehun had to spill now, before he seriously hurt Luhan. He made sure to leave out the part about having special powers, not wanting Luhan to hate him, but it seemed too late for that.

          Sehun watched sadly as Luhan became a crying mess, yelling about how he didn't want Sehun to leave. His heart broke at the sight, knowing that he was causing Luhan pain that he wanted to prevent. He felt like he was going to cry himself when Luhan said he loved him, and he was quick to wrap his arms around him. He held in tears as he whispered in his ear.

          "I'm so sorry, Luhan..."

          Sehun felt a hot tear roll down his cheek and pulled away to leave before Luhan could see. He pushed through people, hurrying to get away. He didn't want to leave Luhan alone, but he had to. It was for Luhan's safety, as much as he regretted it.

          Wiping his face under the shade of a tree, Sehun hoped that Luhan would forget about him. He looked up into the cloud-filled sky, watching as the sun slowly got blocked out by the giant white puffs.

          That was when he got an abrupt, splitting headache that made his vision go black, and he easily surrendered to the darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

          When Sehun's eyes opened, it was dark. He was standing in the middle of an empty street, rain pouring down on him. He had no clue why he was there, or how he got there for that matter, but a loud thump up ahead caught his attention.

          Cautiously, Sehun moved toward the sound. Up ahead, a tall man in all black was getting up off the ground. Sehun could see blood on his head, but the man didn't notice him, instead running down the street in the opposite direction.

          Sehun followed for some reason, a voice seemed to be telling him to do so. He saw the guy turn a corner and headed after him, though he peeked around to keep hidden.

          What he saw made his mouth drop open, his heartbeat quickening. The man had a friend, who was holding on to a painfully familiar figure.

          What are they doing with Luhan!?

          Sehun watched in anger as they tied Luhan's arms and legs with rope, putting him in a large sack that was fashioned for potatoes. They then picked Luhan up, not bothering to be gentle, and started carrying him away.

          Sehun followed closely, looking around to make sure the two guys were alone. Once Sehun was sure there was no one else around, he rose his hand, feeling the strength of the air around him increase. Driven mostly by anger, he sent a blast of wind in their direction, catching the two guys off guard. Within seconds, Sehun sent nearby stones flying, hitting them on the head so that they dropped Luhan. He landed safely on one of the guys, who were both knocked unconscious by the attack. Sehun breathed deeply to compose himself before running over to Luhan. As fast as he could, he lifted the boy to his feet, using his powers to send a gust of wind that lifted away the sack. Then he untied the ropes on Luhan's body, his hands lingering by his face before he slowly removed the blindfolds covering his eyes.

          Sehun bit his lip and looked down, unsure how to feel or present himself. After what he told Luhan earlier, he didn't expect to see him, and he definitely didn't expect to have this crazy encounter. He wanted to ask what was happening, but he couldn't bring himself to speak.

          Actually, what he really wanted to do was kiss him and tell him he loves him, then give him a hug and say he'll be okay. He knew he couldn't though.

          He finally looked up when Luhan started speaking. It was confusing, what Luhan was talking about. He spoke of a secret that he had and how he messed up, which Sehun didn't understand at all. He could see that Luhan was also hurt and confused, his chest heaving as he finished, and after a few more seconds of Luhan crying, something behind him caught Sehun's attention.

          He most definitely wasn't expecting to see floating objects, so he was shocked to see just that.

          "Luhan... What is that?"

          Luhan turned around, then faced Sehun again with wide, scared eyes. "I...I..."

          "Are you doing this?" He asked hopefully. He waited for Luhan's answer, willing for him to say 'yes', and he thought his heart would explode when he nodded.

          "Please... I won't hurt you... Don't turn me in..."

          Sehun wanted to cry when he heard how scared Luhan was and he pulled him in for a hug. Resting his head against Luhan's, he spoke softly in his ear.

          "I would never do that, Luhan. Because… I'm the same as you."

          After a few seconds, Sehun felt Luhan's hands tugging on the back of his shirt as he hugged back and he smiled.

          All this time, Luhan and I were the same... I can't believe I almost hurt him for good...

          Reluctantly, Sehun pulled away to look into Luhan's eyes. He felt his cheeks turn hot as he confessed his feelings, glad to see a smile form on Luhan's face. Sehun couldn't explain how happy and relieved he was as he touched Luhan's cheek, caressing it lovingly with his thumb. He felt Luhan move closer to his hand as his eyes closed and Sehun swallowed as he leaned in, his heart going crazy at what he was about to do.

          Slowly, Sehun leaned in further, his eyes closing, until his lips met Luhan's. It didn't take long for him to press back, sending all sorts of warm sparks through Sehun's body. It was an innocent first kiss for Sehun, no movement or tongue, and Sehun couldn't contain a big grin when he finally pulled away.

          "This isn't really how I imagined my first dream kiss in the rain to be, but I guess it'll have to do." Luhan said with a smile, making Sehun roll his eyes. He took Luhan's hand in his as he was reminded of the rain. He could honestly care less, but he could feel how cold Luhan was. He could see it, too.

          Sehun was more than happy to walk home with Luhan. He'd finally gotten what he wanted, and he didn't plan on giving it up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

          Sehun felt Luhan tug on his arm as they ran through the night, bringing them to a stop. He turned to question him and saw concern written all over his face.

          "Sehun, Suho and Lay need our help!"

          Luhan squeezed his hand, glancing back at what seemed to be two of his friends. One lay on the ground, the other fighting against something on his arm.

          "No, I don't want you getting hurt!" Sehun said, tightening his hold on Luhan's hand. "Not now!"

          "Sehun, they're my friends!" Luhan seemed to hesitate, then he tore his hand from Sehun's, running back. Sehun followed quickly, helping Luhan's injured friend to his feet, seeing as he couldn’t stop the older boy. He recognized him as the one they met at the door the night before.

          Once on his feet, Sehun turned to see that Luhan was trying to free the guy that could heal, but something was flying towards him.

          "Luhan! Watch out!" He yelled quickly, but it was too late. It wrapped around Luhan's body and dragged him away, along with his friend, in a matter of seconds.

          Sehun dropped the injured teen that he had helped without a thought, tears filling his eyes to the brim. "No! Luhan!!"

          He started running into the trees, but a person appeared in front of him, coming out of nowhere in a cloud of dark colors. He held Sehun back, and soon there was another pair of hands helping. Sehun struggled against them, tears pouring down his face. Luhan!

          "Hurry up and get those two over here before those bastards come for us, too!" A voice yelled.

          The two who clung to Sehun pulled him back to the others, where they pulled him into a giant basket. It was like the ones on hot air balloons, but much bigger. Sehun didn't understand what they were doing, but there was a strong gust of wind, then they were all lifted into the sky. The basket that they all sat in was connected to a giant dragon that flew above them, carrying them away.

          Any normal person would be amazed to see such a creature, but Sehun didn't have time for that. He grabbed onto one of the guys who had stopped him, shaking them roughly.

          "What are we doing!? Luhan is down there! He's in trouble! We need to help him!"

          "Calm down." The guy ordered, but Sehun shook his head, shaking the teen again.

          "Didn't you hear me!? Take me back down! I need to—"

          Sehun was cut off as a hand slapped him, leaving behind a stinging pain. Another guy had appeared, glaring harshly at Sehun. He had long blonde hair that was pulled into a ponytail, bangs cutting across his forehead. At first glance, he looked just like a girl.

          "Calm the down!" He yelled at Sehun. "We don't want to leave, either, but we don't have any other choice right now!"

          Sehun was speechless, and he glanced around at the others. They were all staring at him, pain, fear and shock on all of their faces.

          Reluctantly, he kept quiet, hugging his legs to his chest as fresh tears spilled uncontrollably down his face.

          Luhan... You said nothing would happen... What do I do now? 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

   I hope you guys enjoyed this update. 

   As requested by graceguarino, I did a chapter in Sehun's point of view. It went through his thoughts and such when he first met Luhan and up until the current point. I hope you all liked it. It will be in Sehun's point of view more often.

   I want to thank all of you for subscribing and for all the comments! Thank you so much! It seriously means a lot! <3