Finale … maybe

Journey of love

Chapter 19

Finale … maybe

 

“Good morning Ms.President” Jung So Min was greeted by her marketing team.

“Good Morning everyone, I would like to congratulate everyone for the success of our Online shopping mall. Based on the AC Nielsen ratings we are  number 1 in terms of E-commerce sales and popularity. Our loyal netizens have been spreading good word as well. So in behalf of the company… I am treating everyone to an incentive trip… any suggestions?” AS everyone in the room cheered. So Min gave them a wide smile. She was thrilled that all her hardwork had paid off. Considering that she was under a lot of stress in the beginning months.

 

She rubbed her temple and noticed that her migraines have been more frequent these past few days. She attributes it to stress and lack of sleep. She knows how Hyun Joong worries so she tries to pretend it’s not as painful.

 

“So Min are you ok?” Min-Ah said. She noticed how pale So Min has suddenly began.

“Yes Min-Ah. I’m ok must be dehydrated and lack of food. I forgot to grab a bite this morning. Soooo, Ms.Vice president, where do you think we should go?” So Min changed the topic.

 

“Everyone seems to want to go to this Ski resort in Jeju Island. The news have been raving about the word class Spa facilities, Olympic class Ski slopes, Natural Ice skating rink, Shopping and Store Outlets, Gourmet International food by top world Chefs …” As Min-Ah enumerated, everyone was eagerly nodding their head. It would cost a fortune to go visit there on their own.

 

“hahaha, looks like we are going to Jeju Island everyone. Ok its been decided. Will announce soon when we can schedule the trip … In the meantime, back to work everyone …hehehehe” Everyone looks excited and happy. As soon as everyone left the room, So Min slumped in her chair and held tight her head. Her migraine is getting worse. She knows she must see Baek Seung Jo. She dialled his number and immediately set an appointment. She drank a few of her medicine and closed her eyes to let it soothe the pain.

 

“Cindy, cancel all my appointments in the afternoon. If anyone looks for me, I will be doing some trade visits.” So Min told her secretary on her way out.

 

In the Hospital …

 

So Min went straight to Seung Jo’s clinic for some test. He noticed how serious his friend looks. So Min got more nervous when Oh Hani went inside and held her hand as they told her the result …

 

“So Min, are you sure your up to this. Should’nt we call Hyun Joong?..” So Min shook her head “He is a board meeting now. You know how busy he is. Why what’s wrong?” So Min is getting agitated.

 

Oh Hani held her friend’s hand and looked pleadingly at her. “ Are you sure? Try calling Hyun Joong. I’m sure he would want to be here .”

 

“Oh ok if I must… hello Darling? Yes I’m ok.. I think … No nothings wrong… I’m here at Seung Jo’s clinic … I was just having my normal routine check up … What? Are you sure ? Ok I’ll wait for you here then. Bye.” So Min doesn’t like creating  a fuss but her darling hubby wanted to come right away.

“Hyun Joong will soon be here. He is near the area apparently  hehehe. Hey Seung Jo why do you look so serious. Oh Hani are you two having a fight?” So Min noticed that Oh Hani smiled and touched her tummy and they both smiled when the looked at each other.

 

“No we did not fight.Although I keep telling Oh Hani to go home and rest. You see we found out she is 1 month pregnant now.” Seung Jo hugged his wife and kissed her in the forehead.

“Ya! I’m pregnant but not incompetent. Min –Ah is already 3 months pregnant and she is still working with So Min so don’t make such a fuss ,hubby” Oh Hani held the face of Seung Jo and gave him a full smack in the lips.

“Ya, Oh Hani, we are in the hospital. Don’t be so affectionate and be professional”.He looked stern but So Min noticed that he held Oh Hani’s hand when he said that.

“Aissh, you are so serious Seung Jo. Congratulations to the two of you.” So Min said.

 

Suddenly the door opened and Hyun Joong came breezingly inside the room. So Min noticed how handsome he is and cant help but be more in love with her husband of 2 years now.

“ Hi Darling, how was your meeting… Did you have lunch?”

Hyun Joong absentmindedly gave So Min a light smack on the lips. His gaze was more directed at Seung Jo and when he noticed that Seung Jo’s eyes looks worried and his lips was pursed, he knew that something is not right. He braced himself with what is in store for them.

 

As they settled in their chairs Seung Jo began to speak “ Umm.. We made a series of test on So Min and  and based on these we found something… The good news is So Min is 1 month pregnant now …but …” So Min had tears in her eyes and by the looks on Seung Jo’s face she will not like the “but”

 

“ But, with that we noticed a growing mass in her left brain. It could be nothing but based on the symptoms and some more lab results we do not want to rule out that this is the same thing we found out years ago when you were 18years old So Min. Now the option is to have several treatments but being pregnant and all makes it complex. ” Seung Jo hated himself in bearing this news to his good friends. How he wished he could do something to erase the pained look in their faces.

 

“Seung Jo, if I don’t do again the treatments…what.. what could happen.. to me .. and my baby?” So Min calmly said this but her eyes had a look of determination which Seung Jo knows perfectly.

He gave her a straight anwer “With or without the treatment, same as before your disease can just go away. If you do take some treatment, it could be fatal to your baby. But if you don’t you will suffer with severe head pains and possibly have black outs. If the mass continues to get bigger, either your vision gets affected and possibly head to brain trauma. My suggestion would be to treat yourself So Min first and and …”

“And kill my baby? Is that what your telling me Seung Jo?” So Min shouted and glared at Seung Jo.

“No that is not what I meant So Min.” Seung Jo Shouted back.

So Min started to cry and left the room.

“This is a shock to us Seung Jo. She doesn’t mean it. Let me … let me talk to my wife. Will keep in touch. Thanks.” Hyun Joong stood up and followed So Min outside. He found his wife in the park beside the hospital. She looks so sad and tears were free flowing in her cheeks.

“So Min, calm yourself . Seung Jo means to help. He was honest to us.” Hyun Joong gathered his wife for an embrace. He doesn’t understand what he is feeling right now but he knows that he must comfort his wife.

So Min hugged him and sobbed. “Hon, we can’t hurt our baby. We waited for him for so long now… we cant … we cant hurt him.” She was so sure she would have a baby boy.

 

Hyun Joong had tears in his eyes. He knew that his wife would choose their baby despite the health risk it would do to her. He loves her more for trying to protect his baby but he was torn as well and cant bear to see his love get hurt…what to do….

 

Finally, They both decided to leave it up to the Lord, they will keep the baby and So Min will do her treatments but in the natural way. She refused to take any harmful medicines and took fruits and vegetables’ natural nutrients to help her.

 

As So Min’s pregnancy continuous so does her pain. 

 

“I said I don’t want any …” So Min was shouting …

“So Min my love, you have to eat something” Hyun Joong was trying to feed her some soup.

“Go away, Hyun Joong! I don’t need you… Get out! Get Out!” So Min was shouting. Her head is in so much pain. She knows that Hyun Joong suffers as well so she tries to push him away. Sometimes she knows she is being unfair but she prays real hard that they can get it through together.

Hyun Joong went out of the room… and cried… So Min is already 8 months and 2 weeks pregnant now … the doctor’s said his baby is growing up healthy and strong … but his wife is slowly deteriorating.

 

“Seung Jo, you have to help So Min. She is in so much pain… please come.” Hyun Joong frantically called Seung Jo.

 

When they entered the room they saw So Min her eyes were closed … she was not moving … she was not breathing …

 

They immediately did CPR. When they found a pulse , they rushed her to the hospital.

Seung Jo with all his studies and expertise knows that he must immediately save the baby … as for So Min … for the first time in his life he is praying for a miracle to save his good friend….

 

Hyun Joong, looks devastated… he looked at his wife of two years… as they rushed her in the operating room he kneeled down and pray.. “Please , please God  save them … they are my life … please ” his head bowed and sobbed.

Their family and closed friends together waited for Seung Jo to come out of the operating room … So Min’s parents , Min-Ah and Kim Bum were holding on to their baby girl, Hyun Joong’s parents were comforting their Son.

 

Suddenly the doors opened … Seung Jo removed his mask …

 

Author’s Note:

Sorry for the morbidness … Was sick for almost a week now. Here is a teaser/foreword for my next fanfic … hope you will support. As for the next update … will try to finish tomorrow…. In the meantime please be kind.

 

 

NEW FANFIC ..  no title yet

Foreword …

 

This story is about a super rich and popular kpop star despite all his success can’t seem to find the right girl. During a masquerade ball, as the guest of honor, he disguised himself as a prince. He was out looking for his princess but unfortunately was trapped in a room with the ugliest girl he has ever seen …little does he know that the girl he loathes is his soulmate …

 

What will happen to our HyunMin couple now.