The beginning or end ...

Journey of love

Chapter 12

The beginning or end …

 “ Hyun Joong , my son, your mom and I have something to tell you …” Hyun Joong’s Dad said.

 “ What is it Dad?” Hyun Joong replied. He was having breakfast with his parents.

 “Well you know son … you are not getting younger and we love you with all our heart… so it’s time to talk about your future. Well, Your Mom and I have decided it’s time you get married … we have arranged for you to marry … ”

 Hyun Joong was shocked …. No expression can be seen in his face.

 

At So Min’s house …

 “ So Min, my princess, your mom and I have something to tell you …”So Min’s Dad said.

 “ What is it Dad?” So Min replied. She was having breakfast with her parents.

 “Well you know my princess… after the scare you gave us last month which got your mom and I to talk … well you are not getting younger and we love you with all our heart… so it’s time to talk about your future. Well, Your Mom and I have decided … ”

 So Min was shocked …. No expression can be seen in her face.

 

At the coffee shop…

 “I am engaged.” Hyun Joong said.

 “I’m leaving to America to run our company there” So Min said.

 “Whaaat?” They both said it the same time.

 “You go first.” Hyun Joong said. His voice was void with all emotion.

 “ My parents told me that I need to go to America and run the family business. They also want me to study my master’s there. ” So Min’s voice was excited.

 “My parents arranged me to get married … I don’t know who the girl is… it will be revealed during the engagement party.” Hyun Joong’s voice was sarcastic.

 “Well don’t you want to know who the girl is … she could be pretty” So Min .

 “Ya, your supposed to be on my side. You’re my best friend right… How can you be so excited to see me get engaged!” Hyun Joong stormed out of the Coffee shop feeling confused and hurt with So Min’s reaction. She was supposed to go crazy and beg me not to get married … but that girl did not even get sad at all …

 

Just like that time in the hospital … So Min did’nt even acknowledge when I confessed to her how much I love her … She just smacked me with the pillow and said …

 “ Ya! Are you drunk or something?”  So Min laughed.

 

 “Wait she said she was leaving to America?  … I have to follow my parent’s wishes .As the only heir it’s my responsibility. Ommo, what a mess … what can I do?”  Hyun Joong was fighting a lost battle between the woman he loves and doing his duty.

  

So Min saw Hyun Joong storming quickly out of the coffee shop. She was about to follow and explain when …

 

“Umm excuse me Miss. Are you with that gentleman who just stormed out of here?” the waiter asked.

 “ Um yes … why is there anything I can do?” So Min asked.

 “ Oh, we are sorry to bother you miss but that gentleman was here a few weeks ago and left a couple of things … In fact he was here early in the morning until we closed the shop … He looked sad when he left” the waiter said . “ Miss if you don’t mind can you give this back to him?”

 

When So Min saw those things, tears formed out of her eyes.

 

The waiter realized she was talking to So Min and he smiled … so this is the lucky lady.

 

“Thank you” So Min said and smiled. She brought with her all the gifts of Hyun Joong.

 

At the Hyun Joong’s house…

 “Hyun Joong! Are you ready … we can’t be late. This is your engagement party after all. Oh Son don’t  look like that or else your fiancé might change her mind .” Hyun Joong’s mom cheerfully said.

 “I hope she does …” Hyun Joong mumbled.

 His parents just looked at each other and smiled.

 

At the engagement party…

 Hyun Joong was greeted by all his friends at the party.. even Kim Bum and Min-Ah were there… The couple are engaged as well.  Hyun Joong looked around trying to search for someone but his heart sank when she did’nt see the woman he loves.

 

“It’s a good thing anyway she is leaving me and will go to America. This girl I will marry … I hope she does’nt look like a witch.” Hyun Joong was so sad. He looked exceptionally handsome that night with his black tuxedo although his heart is breaking.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, first of all . We thank you dear friends for attending this very important event of our only Son’s life. We are proud of you my son for being the man you are now. As your loving parents we only wish for your happiness… So we would like to introduce you to your fiancé  …” Hyun Joong’s parents directed everyone to the door.

 

Hyun Joong turned around as the hotel door opens …

 

“Ms.Jung So Min!”

 

Hyun Joong’s jaw dropped … So Min stepped out of the door and looked sensational with her bright yellow tube chiffon dress. Her hair was in a soft bun and her make up emphasized her eyes and smooth creamy skin… She is enchanting….

 

Hyun Joong like in a trance went to So Min.

 

As their hands touched, So Min smiled. Her smile as she looks at Hyun Joong captivated him and she noticed a piece of jewelry in neck …

 “That’s the heart necklace I was supposed to give you at the coffee shop … How did you …” Hyun Joong stuttered still not recovering from the shock…

 “Ya! Hyun Joong is that what you can only say at least …” So Min was not able to complete her sentence when Hyun Joong’s mouth kissed her.

 

So Min hugged Hyun Joong and kissed him back.

 

“I will love you forever, Mr.Kim Hyun Joong!” So Min said shyly.

 “And I you, soon to be Mrs.Kim Hyun Joong!” Hyun Joong beamed at So Min.

 

 FLASHBACK IN SO MIN’S HOUSE…

 “Mom what about Hyun Joong … I love him … ” So Min’s voice was high pitched.

 “It’s alright dear it’s been arranged by Mr.Kim. You and Hyun Joong will both go to America to study the family empire. Your engagement party has been arranged. We wish you both to be happy” So Min’s parents said.

  

AT THE PARTY…

The couple continued to look at each other’s eyes as they went to take their first dance as officially a couple.

 As they dance surrounded by their love ones … Both thought they have come a long way to get here and their journey of love …. Is only the beginning!