You can’t escape…

Journey of love

Chapter 14

You can’t escape…

 

Hyun Joong and So Min finished their studies and are now back in Korea. Since both are heirs to a business empire, they are always caught up in meetings and rarely see each other.

 

Ring! Ring!

 

“Hello Hyun Joong, how are you? Your going to China? For how long? 1 week? Oh ok… I guess I’ll see you when you get back… Umm no I have several meetings with my marketing department. We are launching our online shopping mall… yeah I know very exciting right? Yeah I’ll be ok. See you … um yeah ok ..” So Min pouted and did’nt feel like saying I love you. She missed their carefree days in America where they usually have movie dates, sightseeing and mall shopping.

 

Hmmph he even forgot that it’s my birthday soon. So Min sighed.

 

“Why so glum, princess?” her dad said after he followed So Min in the garden

“Um I’m ok Dad. It’s just that being an adult is quite hard sometimes. Work here work there… I hardly see my friends since Hyun Joong and I came back here” So Min hates that she sounds ungrateful but her mood is no better especially after hearing Hyun Joong is going to China when this is her birthday week.

“ I know princess, you have been working really hard with this company launch … Hmm as your birthday gift, after this week you can go and have a 2 weeks off work. I assure you that NO ONE will bother you and just relax and have fun … how is that my princess?” So Min hugged her Dad and thanks him for being so kind and understanding…

 

So Min was energetic all of a sudden and started checking out the website where she could go for her long break. Should she go to the beach? Go out skiing? Shopping galore? … She cant seem to make up her mind.

 

“Hi Min Ah, how are you… yeah I know , I’ve been busy. Sorry I was not able to go back in time for your wedding. How’s Kim Bum? Good Good… soooo  how’s your honeymoon?”  So Min called her best friend.

 

“Oh So Min, it was great… We went to this beach called Boracay. It was so romantic. We stayed in this hotel and the staff was so great and the water was so clear. You and Hyun Joong should go there … Plus Kim Bum on our first night swept me off my feet and you know .... So Min we finally did it! He was so amazing, he first kissed me then … ” Min-Ah was excited telling her best friend about her first time…

 

“Min-Ah no need to go on details about you know …” So Min was embarrassed.

 

“Ya! You guys are engaged and don’t you mean you guys never did it yet? You did’nt? ” Min-Ah asked.

 

“It’s just that it never came up..” So Min was about to explain.

 

“You meeaan IT never came up?” Min-Ah said shockingly and cant help but tease So Min. She knew perfectly well what happened the last time they were doing massive .

 

“It’s not That… it’s just that I get nervous…what if I pass out again. You know very well it was embarrassing. Plus Hyun Joong is so experienced.. what if he finds me … you know lacking” So Min choked up and almost cried.

 

“So Min stop stressing yourself. I’m sure Hyun Joong knows what to do with your ahem condition hehehehe. By the way, does he know?”

 

“Of course not… I never told him about my condition. What if he calls off our wedding because of that” So Min’s thought repelled the idea.

 

“I’m sure he will understand and be more careful you know. When is your wedding date by the way?”

 

“I don’t know… we’ve been so busy with work and we don’t have time to discuss it. We’ve been engaged for almost a year now and NOTHING is happening… Now you know why I’m so stressed all the time. Good thing my Dad gave me this break to relax. Wonder where I’ll go and what will I do?”

 

“I’m sure you’ll figure it out. I have to go Kim Bum just arrived from work. I’ll see you soon ok. Let’s have dinner soon.Bye girlfriend!” Min-ah bid her farewell and greeted her hubby.

 

“I missed you,hubby. How’s your day?” Min-Ah enveloped Kim Bum with her hug and gave him a good lingering kiss and giggled when …

 

“Hmm… I should come home early all the time then so that my beautiful wife can greet me.” Kim Bum swept her wife and proceeded to the bedroom.

 

In So Min’s room…

 

So Min hugged the teddy bear Hyun Joong gave her and said

“Teddy, where should I go? Mr.Kim Hyun Joong your poppa forgot it’s my birthday …sigh! Hmmph will definitely enjoy my birthday without him…Teach him a lesson for taking me for granted”.

 

Ah I know where I’ll go … she clicked her computer and started booking her flight! She was so excited she did’nt notice her phone was vibrating.

 

Ring Ring!

 

Hyun Joong ended the call and thought … “How come So Min is not answering her phone … I guess she thought I forgot her birthday ..kekekeke …”

 

At the airport…

“Good Morning, Ms.Jung So Min. You may take your seat now and enjoy the flight” the stewardess said. She redirected So Min to her seat. So Min appreciated the service and she knows that booking in the 1st class and brand new lifestyle Singapore Airline is a good way to start her vacation.

 

So Min stretched her long slim legs… she is so excited to have this time for herself to relax and enjoy  … No work, no deadlines , no meetings and no… she was shocked to see her seatmate.

 

“Thought you can go off without me, babe? Hehehe. You cant get rid of me that easily.” Hyun Joong gave So Min a heart stopping grin..

 

So Min was so shocked to see Hyun Joong her mouthed dropped.

 

FLASHBACK…

“Hello Mr.Jung, So Min is not answering her phone. Is she at home?” Hyun Joong called So Min’s house and spoke to So Min’s Dad.

 

“Oh hello Hyun Joong. Yes she is in her room. She seems pretty down when she found out you will not be here for her birthday. Have you forgotten? You young couple should be romantic… well I remember when I was a young lad, I would spend my days …ahem ..hmmm … I mean, you should not take life too seriously and enjoy the time you have while you are still young” Curtly said and grinned … “That should give that young man an idea to hurry up and get married! It’s been a year now..aigoo”

 

“ Hyun Joong by the way, I told So Min she can go for a vacation for 2 weeks… so don’t bother her ok …” So Min’s dad planted an idea for Hyun Joong.

 

Hyun Joong realized that So Min is planning a trip without him… what! I wonder what that girl is up to … Ha! Good thing I’m smarter than her hehehehe. This should be amusing. Silly girl don’t you know that you cannot escape me. Hyun Joong called up Min-Ah and Kim Bum.

 

PRESENT…

“ Hyun Joong , don’t tease So Min that much can’t you see she is so happy seeing you here. Hey So Min you can close your mouth now… where is Min-Ah anyway …” Kim Bum said while looking for his wife …

 

So Min was so shocked to see Kim Bum and hearing Min-Ah was here as well … she was more shocked to see …

 

“Hey you thought you would celebrate your birthday alone,brat?” Baek Seung Jo said. With him is his wife Ha-ni.

 

So Min had tears on her eyes … seeing this Hyun Joong immediately said.

 

“Babe, we wanted to surprise you … are you glad? I thought this would make you happy … stop crying babe. I missed you. ” Hyun Joong was hugging and kissing the crying So Min …

 

So Min hiccupped and said “Oh this is the best surprise ever. All my favourite people are here. Thank you Hyun Joong for planning all this. I thought you forgot my birthday” . She gave Hyun Joong a big hug and whispered “ I missed you the most” and gave him a passionate endearing kiss.

 

“Hey you guys, better save that for later.” Kim Bum said as they ended the kiss. He is very fortunate to see his bestfriend and 1st love together this way. Their trio is now complete.. Plus with the new additions to the crew like  Seung Jo with his wife Hani and now his wife Min-Ah. He is very fortunate indeed.

 

So Min is excited and thought she can’t wait to reach their destination…. She is indeed very fortunate.

 

Hyun Joong was deep in thought and was holding on to something in his pocket …