There Is Something About You

My Immortal-Completed
It was a busy Monday morning as Selina,put the pencil on and stare at the ledger right in front of her.She has been working on this sheets for a good half hour and it seems she can't tally the figures right.There must be wrong somewhere as she reviewed all the figures all over again.And then her phone rings,grabbing the phone with her thoughts still in her work..

"Hello,Miss Selina Ren on the line,Good morning." as she greeted someone on the phone.It seems it is always automatic,for her life now is more on her job than anything else.

"You don't have to be so polite and nice to your brother,Selina" Arron said,laughing."I guess your face is buried on your spread sheets again."

"So what's up Arron,don't you know that your dear sister is working.What is it again this time?" Selina said.

""Uhmm,my sister is not on the mood on Monday morning,I wonder why?It doesn't balance again I guess." Arron laughing.

"Arron,I am not kidding,I am really very busy.What is it that you want." Selina said.

"Alright ,here is the thing.My dear sister,you know that me,and Hebe has been looking for a house,and yesterday,we finally found the house of our dream.A little bit off our price range but we finally saw a house that we can agree about.So I want you to see it and tell me what do you think,before we make any offer.So far there have been a couple of offers already,and the owner is anxious to sell because they are moving out soon." Arron said.

"Sure,just let me know when?" Selina said."So how's the wedding preparation so far?

"Pretty much on time.A month time and your handsome baby brother will be a married man.Uhmm a lot of girls will be heartbroken." Arron said with a laugh.

"So cocky and so full of yourself.Good thing we share the same genes." Selina said.She can just imagine his brother,and yes he was quite a looker,and to finally settle with Hebe is a relief for her and her parents.They like Hebe and they know that she can handle Arron single handedly.

"And Selina I made an appointment with our realtor this afternoon at five this afternoon." Arron said.

"Arron that is too early I can't leave the office that early." Selina said.

"I'll pick you up and then we are going to have dinner after.The office can spare you for today.God knows you spend almost half you life in that office,though I don't see why,your office is so stiff ,anyway,no ifs and buts.I'll pick you up in the office a little after four." Arron said as he hung up before she can say anything.Arron knows how to handle his older sister,you have to be firm and stubborn with her,cause she can also be stubborn and determine as him as well.Well,it runs in the family as he smiled,but that doesn't work with Hebe as he remembered his beautiful fiancee.A month more and she is gonna be his wife.He smiled at the anticipation.God,he just love her.

Selina was ready when Arron picked her up from work.Selina smiled at her younger brother.He may look young,playful and can misconstrue as irresponsible but he is a smart kid and serious in his career.He is one of those that are gifted with such talent and yes one of the boy geniuses in his field and earns big bucks.And it does help too that he is good looking,with his charm and his talent,he can swing his way to the top.

Arron smiled at the sight oh his sister and yes beauty runs in the family.It's pretty bad that she is married to her profession.After a failed relationship with Show,she just buried herself to her job.he hoped that someday his sister will find a man who will love her,just like the way he loves and adore Hebe.

"Uhm so you are ready? Come on let us go ,before we hit the traffic." Arron said as he lead her to her car."We will meet Hebe there,Jiro will pick her up,for his office is just by Hebe's office." Arron said as he started the engine.

They went out from the main traffic hub in the city and then to a a highway,past the row of houses and then to the nearby city Brielle.Brielle is an old city.It used to be main city centuries ago.The port by the bay made it a flourishing city before,but now,the port moved upward more to the city of Elizabeth.What is left of the big city before ,is just the plain beauty of the past mingle with the beauty of the new.It became one of the high end cities,where mostly middle income families lives.

Even the bad area before became a developed community,restoring the beauty of the colonial houses of the past,and made it one of the historical place in the city.Selina looked past the tree lined streets and the nearby parks.What a beautiful place to raise your family,Selina thought.Yes this will be an ideal place for Arron and Hebe to start a family.

They stopped at the corner house,it is an old colonial house with a wrapped around porch,the look outside is old,and wondered what could be inside.The property is big,just by looking at the outside,maybe there will be enough room for a yard at the back,for a garden and yard to run around.On the side is a tree lined street going to the park.She looked at that road,and there was something in there that drew her stares there,something familiar like she have been there before.

Arron got out from the car and before they knew it,another car came by and stopped.A man came out a tall,handsome guy who smiled at Arron at the sight,and then Hebe came around from the passenger seat as Arron walked to them and gave Hebe a kiss and a handshake and a pat on the shoulder on the guy.Selina came out at the car to greet Hebe.

"Hi,so how's the bride to be?" Selina said as she gave Hebe a kiss on the cheeks.And then the guy with Hebe looked at her and stared at her.He have seen her face before from somewhere,but he cannot pinpoint when and where.

"I am fine,A little stressed out but fine.I am glad when this is over.We should just eloped,then it will be better." Hebe said with a smile.

"I know,sometimes weddings are just too much." Selina said with a smile.

"And Selina ,I guess you don't know Jiro,he is my friend back in school days.I don't think you've met,he is going to be my best man.Chun can't make it,Ella is in a critical condition in her pregnancy,hence they cannot travel in time for the wedding." Arron.

"Hey,nice to know buddy that I am just a replacement." Jiro said in a joke."Hello Selina,so you are the sister." he said.

Selina smiled and looked at him,she have seen him before, especially when he smiled,there is something in him,a feeling,a feeling of happiness,that warmed her heart?Selina was confused at the discovery.

"I don't think we met before." Selina said

"No I don't think so.I only stayed here for a year or two and then left for States after that.I just came back a few months ago,I have to take care of our business here,for my Uncle has been sickly lately." Jiro said.

"I see." Selina said.

"I myself lives in this town.A little farther by the waterside." Jiro said.

"Oh,that is the best part of this town.That is where the rich people lives." Hebe said."That's what the realtor said."

"I don't know much,my family,my Dad's family own it.Now it is only my Uncle who lives there and of course me,but I might look for a condo in the city.But right now,I can't leave my Uncle." Jiro said."I am the only one he got."

Then the realtor came a middle aged lady,as she introduced herself and opened the house for them.Hebe and Arron went together,and Selina stepping on the porch and looking around,she felt a rush of emotions came to her,something unexplainable.Her color paled,as Jiro hold on to her to support her.

"Are you alright?" Jiro asked."You looked so pale." holding her shoulder and looking at her.Staring at her,Jiro have a very strong urge to kiss her right there and there,as he closed his eyes to erased it from his thoughts.And Selina felt mesmerized too like a spell,and then they heard a voice from inside...

"Selina ,Jiro where are you,come on you have to see this." Arrron said.Jiro opened his eyes,and stared at Selina's closed eyes,as he shook his head and took her hand.

"Selina .." his voice woke her up from a trance,as she blushed when she saw his face next to her."They are calling us.Are you alright?" he asked in a gruff voice.

"Yes I am fine,it must be the heat." she said as she walked inside,she didn't notice that Jiro was still holding her hands,as they walked together inside....Arron and Hebe looked at the two and eyed the intertwined hand,but kept their silence and smiled....