Entry 16-20

Strayed

20.10.2014-24.10.2014

Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to stop all your work on hand and escape to another country where you can frolic all day in the sun? Well this, this is one of those days.

My teacher conducted a mathematics camp where all students had to stay back in school until 8pm, and trust me, it was not fun at all. I kind of miss dimple boy and his endless jokes, and I will definitely want to spend my time with him instead of with my grumpy math teacher. However, that is also what I have to sacrifice if I want to score well in my CSAT*.


I got bored while studying in the library and decided to scroll through the photo gallery in my phone. Bad idea. I found myself scrolling through all the pictures I took with Squishy when we were together and I began sniffling the more I scrolled. I stopped when a few pairs of eyes scrutinised me from another table. I should delete those photos.


I didn't have the heart to delete the pictures, so to make myself feel a little better, I transferred all of them into a locked folder in my computer before deleting them on my phone. I know, I’m cheating myself, but I can’t help it.


Kai’s trying to be a jokester nowadays, and it’s obvious that it’s getting on Hwajae’s nerves. A food fight almost ensued because he dumped a cup of jelly on her head, with her doing the same to him, but dimple boy cut in between and stopped them before they could fire any more attacks at each other. And Kai, who couldn't throw any more food items at Hwajae, turned to me instead and flung a few Oreo cookies at me.

I think I became visibly upset because everyone stopped laughing when they saw my reaction. Then Hwajae jabbed Kai and whispered to him that the cookies reminded me of Squishy. I didn't even know that the cookies could evoke such a strong emotion within me. I didn't want to affect them because of my own selfish reason, so to salvage the situation, I started to chuckle loudly, with all of them joining in gradually. To top that off, I smothered cream all over dimple boy’s face.


I tried asking Hyori if there will be any chance of development between her and Kris, but she wouldn't reveal anything. What a great friend she is! Well, too bad for her because I have an informant with me and he goes by the name of Kai.

Apparently they met each other already, and have been secretly meeting up often recently. I wonder how he’s like to be able to captivate my dear friend who always says that she will never marry. I’ll tell you one thing though, he’s totally a hunk! (And no, I’m not going to say that Squishy is still better although he is.)


*CSAT: College Scholastic Ability Test, basically a standardised test that will determine which university students can enter.

-Jihyun