Good Morning!

Your Move

Melonie

            "Well that went well…" I thought as we finished finalizing things. As soon as we were done, Jun abruptly got up from the couch, slightly bowing to Mr. Song before suddenly leaving the room without saying a word. Staring after him, he reminded of a man about to have a meltdown. "Don't worry too much about him, he'll come around…eventually." Mr. Song said before placing the contract back inside the envelope. Deciding it was better to make peace now instead of leaving a bad impression, I got up from the couch gathering my things. "Leaving already?" Mr. Song asked sounding slightly disappointed. "Yes, I have to unpack and start working on the routine for Min-Jun's song set." "So suddenly? You know you could always take a few days getting used to Korea again…" I considered his suggestion, but something inside me didn't want to venture out too far. "I'll think about it." I said with a slight smile.

            I nodded my head respectfully before turning for the door. "Melonie wait…" Turning around Mr. Song walked across the room before reaching into his suit pocket to pull out a business card. "If Jun gives you any trouble, just give me a call and I'll straighten him out for you." "Heh, thanks but I think I can handle this." "Even so…" Reaching down, he grabbed one of  my hands to place the card, before folding my fingers over it. Completely taken aback by his closeness, all I could do was nod. Sensing the tension he stepped back some, to give me room. Awkwardly turning on my heels, I rushed out the room. "That man is too good looking." I thought while trying to slow my beating heart.

            Coming out of the room, I noticed Jun standing near the elevators, typing furiously into his phone. As I was walking towards him, I thought he was going to burn a hole into the phone from the way he was glaring at it. When I was beside him I noticed that he hadn't pressed the down button yet. "Going down?" I asked. Suddenly he stopped typing, to turn slowly towards me. "What?" He asked with a slight accent. "Are you going down? You haven't pressed down yet." Looking away from me he stared at the buttons for a second, before he jamming one of his fingers into the down button. Ok… As we waited for the elevator (aka Deathtrap), all I could think about was the over whelming tension that was around us. Taking a deep breath I decided to break the silence. "Sorry for offending you earlier by calling you Jun. You see back in the states it makes establishing relationships easier by getting on first name bases." The elevator dings, signal it's arrival. Without replying he steps inside. Rude much?

            Staring at him from outside the elevator, I could feel my temperature start to rise along with fear. "Are you gonna get in, or are you just going stand there all day?" Starting to give me another reason to hate elevators, he and the metal box seemed to be mocking me at the same time. The doors were just about to close, when I gathered to courage to finally get on. "Tch." Pressing floor number four, Jun leaned back against the metal walls. As the floor numbers began to lower, my heart began to beat faster. "S-so I know we got off to a bad start earlier, b-but in order for this to work we have to be able to work together. It's impor_" "Sigh…Melonie, it's Melonie right? We might have signed a contract just now stating that were partners, but I in fact have no intention of considering you my partner. You just saw how I was forced against my will to sign something that was complete bull, so I don't really think it's a good idea to be trying to engage in small talk with me right now." Swallowing my fear, something inside me snapped. "Listen here Min-Jun, I don't know who you think you're talking to right now, but you can save that victim attitude for someone else. I have a job to do, and I intend to do it to the best of my ability. Let's remember you're the one that got yourself here, so don't explode on me for trying to help you." Slamming my palm onto the ground floor button, I refused to look at him. "So the real Melonie decides to show her face. I knew you weren't the sweet looking girl you appeared to be." "No, that's the real me too, but that's only for people who show me respect. Which you obviously threw out the window." The elevators doors suddenly opened for the fourth floor, but Jun didn't move an inch. "Are you getting off, or are you just going to stand there all day?" I said throwing his words right back into his handsome face. Glaring at me he walked out the elevator. As the doors was closing, I stuck my hand out stopping them. "Hey Min-Jun…" He stopped in his tracks. "I'll see you in the dance studio at six a.m. Oh, and do try not to be late." "Six?! Are you crazy?!" He exclaimed, but the doors were already closing again.

            When the doors were finally closed I couldn't help but smirk from his reaction. I usually started practice at eleven, but sense he wanted to be a smart I decided to bump back the time. Feeling relieved from my sudden outburst, I didn't notice that I was already on the ground level. Stepping out was a relief. I hated being cramped inside that tight space. It was miracle that I kept it together that long. Whipping the perspiration from my forehead, I started to walk towards the front doors. Once outside, I saw Hyun-Shik next to the car he drove earlier. Smiling I made my over. Opening the door he asked, "How'd it go? Did you get to meet Min-Jun hyung?" "You consider that man your brother?!" I said as I got into the car. "I take it you have…" He said laughing quietly as he closed the door. Ugh. "Where would you like to go Miss Car(ta)? Would you like to grab something to eat?" "Mmm no thank you. I just want to go to the dorm so I can rest, that jet lag is starting to hit me." I said yawning. "Yes, ma'am." "Hyun-Shik, please just call me Melonie. You make me feel old calling me ma'am. I'm just twenty-three ya know." "Twenty-three?!" He said looking into the rearview mirror. "Yes, I'm not that old." I smiled. "You're just full of surprises Miss_, I mean Melonie." "You haven't seen nothing yet…"

            The next morning I woke up bright and early at five in the morning. Usually I'd have trouble waking up at this time, but today I couldn't stop the filling of excitement. I loved starting new projects. Last night I worked hours on a routine, for the intro of Jun's opening act. I could say that I proud about what I had created, it was just the matter of teaching it now to a stubborn client. "Hopefully he'll come with a better attitude today…" I thought as I hoped into the shower. Refreshed and ready to go, I made myself some hot lemon-peach tea with a bagel to complete my morning.

            Locking the door behind me, I made my way down. Instead of taking elevator, I decided to jog down the stairs as a warm-up. There was a reason why I specifically requested to be placed on the lower floors. I made it a personal goal of mine to avoid elevators at all costs, if I could help it. As I made my way downstairs, I didn't expect to see Hyuk-Shik. I told him last night that I wanted to run to the company building considering it was only two blocks away from the dorms. Convenient much? Once outside with my music going I took off down the sidewalk. It was nice to get a morning workout before going to work. How else was I going to stay in shape from the way that I ate. Don't get me wrong I do eat healthy sometimes, but there nothing like a bowl of hot ramen at the end of a hard day.

When I finally made it to the building, I was kindly greeted by people who there just as early as me. Knowing that my workout wasn't quite over yet, I opened to door leading to the stairs. Taking a deep breath I proceeded to run up the stairs all the way to the eight floor. When I finally made it to the top I was out of breath, but I was satisfied. Walking down the hallway towards the studio, I noticed how quite it was on this floor. Looking at the clock I noticed that I was a few minutes early, I opened the door to the dance studio. Peeking inside no one was there. Hmm… "I'll give him a couple of minutes to get here." I thought as I walked inside the room. The studio was amazing with its nicely polished floors, surrounding speakers, and mirrors along the wall on one side. "Wow…" I said out loud. This was a lot nicer then what I was used to back in the States.

            I settled on stretching while I waited on Jun to arrive, but after I was done with that it was fifth-teen minutes after six. "Where is he?" I thought. I waited for a couple of more minutes, but he still didn't show up. Ok enough. Taking out my phone I searched my phone history to pull up Jun's manger number. Pressing call, I waited as I began to ring. " Yeoboseyo?" (hello) "Hello? Hi this Melonie, I was calling because I was wondering if you've seen Jun this morning?" It was quite on the other end for a couple of seconds before he finally answered. "Oh well hello Miss Cartar, it's nice to hear from you. About Jun…sadly I haven't seen since last in the recording studio. It was like two in the morning when he finally went home. Why?" Trying not to huff on the phone I asked, "Today is Jun's first practice with me, and he isn't here. Do you think you could give address?" "Um…well he lives in the same building as you." "Really what floor?" I asked curiously. "I believe the third floor, uhh room thirty-four." My eyes widened. He was on the same floor as me. "You mean to tell me, that I've been here waiting on him all this for no reason." I thought angrily. "Thank you Jung-Hwa." "Do you want me to call him_" "No. That's ok I got it from here. Have a good morning." "Yes, and to you too Miss Cartar." Once I ended the call, I was already out the door rushing down the stairs. Jun was going to have a rude awaking…