Poker Face

Your Move

Melonie

Splashing myself with cold water I took a deep breath, trying to regain my senses. "." I whispered harshly to myself. Thankfully there was no one in the bathroom to see me recover from my total meltdown. With shaky hands I managed to reach over to turn off the faucet to the sink. As I looked into the mirror I saw that my face was somewhat flushed from the earlier events, which caused my cheeks to be slightly pinkish. Sighing out loud this one phrase seemed to keep popping into my head over and over again. "They know… They know…" Of course they would knew now! After the freak out I had in the elevator anyone could of figured it out. How could I let something like this happen? I was always so careful not to let my emotions get the best of me in public, but now I wasn't so sure that I could keep up appearances without revealing my deepest fear. I didn't have time to dwell too much on the matter, knowing that they were probably wondering where I was right now.

Walking over to the towel dispenser I dried my hands before looking at myself one last time before walking out the bathroom. The lobby was still as busy as ever, but I managed to find Jun casually leaning against a pillar not too far from the elevators. Standing tall I took a deep breath before I proceeded to walk towards him. "Where've you been?" Jun asked in a bored fashion. "In the bathroom." I answered simply. "You seemed to be in a hurry…" He said looking directly at me. "So?" I said. "So you also seemed a little…bothered." He said. It was almost as if he was trying to egg me on, but I wasn't falling for it. "Y-yeah, you would be too if you had to pee like I did!" I said frankly. "Please, I don't need to know what you had to do. You can keep that to yourself thank you." He said somewhat disgusted. "Well you were the one asking me fifty million questions!" I said annoyed. I was still slightly irritable from earlier, and Jun wasn't really helping me with my attitude right now. "Melonie!" Jun and I both turned to see Hyuk-shik running towards us. "Are you alright Melonie? I brought you a water form one of the vending machines because you look a little flushed earlier…" He said as he handed me a bottled water from his tote bag. "Tch, Melonie? You mean you let him call you by your first name?" Jun asked perplexed. Even though it was harsh coming from him, the way he said my name sent slight shivers down my arms. Looking over at Hyuk-Shik he adverted his eyes from Jun before he shyly said, "She doesn't like for anyone to call her by her first name_" "Ya! I don't care if she told you that, what if Sajangnim heard you talking to her so informally. Aish…" Jun lifted his hand slightly as he was going to pop Hyuk-Shik on the side of his head, but he didn't. Even so Hyuk-Shik still flinched away. Stepping in front of the two I took the water from Hyuk-Shik before turning to Jun. "I told him he could call me that. What are you the formal police, stop threatening my assistant Min-Jun, or should I say Ajusshi. (sir)" I said slightly bowing, but cracking up in the process. Jun's eyes widened. "Y-ya! D-did you just…did you just call me Ajusshi?! I hope you know I'm only a couple years older than you!" He said angrily. I took a drink of the water before replaying, "Wasn't you who said you wanted me to show you a little more respect this morning?" I asked mockingly. His eyes faltered as if he was suddenly remembering what he said. "You know what, I'm done with both you. I'm going to the van." He said before he briskly walked away. I couldn't help but laugh from his outburst. He was almost like a big kid…

Looking over at Hyuk-Shik I saw admiration in his eyes before he quickly looked away again. "Thank you, but you really didn't have to do that." He said while playing with the strap of his tote bag. Strands of black hair seemed to fall into his handsome face as he looked down away from my eyes. Seeing him like this made him seem so vulnerable, considering he looked so young. I suddenly had the urge to protect him from all the bullies that made him look down like this. Patting him gently on the shoulder I gave him a warm smile. "Don't worry about it, I've got your back. Plus who else is going to keep Jun in his place, while he throws his temper tantrums." He seemed to smirk a little at this. "Even so… Are you sure you're ok? Earlier you seemed a bit shaky in the elevator?" He said looking at me now with concern in his eyes. "Yes, I'm fine really. I was just still a little anxious from after the press conference. I hate public speaking, it makes me so nervous." I said trying to convince myself in the process. Hyuk-Shik seemed to buy my lie, while rummaging through his bag. "Ok, well as long you're ok then." Finally finding what he was looking for, he pulled out what looked like Jun's itinerary for the day. "We need to get going if we're going to make it to Min-Jun's drama shoot. Manager Jung-Hwa went to go get the van right after you went into the bathroom." He said while studying the piece of paper in front of him. "Well do you know where the van is?" I asked curiously. "Yeah it should be in the parking garage." He answered. "D-do we have to take the elevator again?" I asked cautiously. "No, it's just one level below us, we can easily take the stairs from here." He said while leading the way. I sighed with relief knowing that I was going to have to ride that cage of death again.

***Hey guys i know this chapter was short, but rest assure the second part will be out later tonight. As always, thank you for all the support and love you guys have shown for the story so far. Keep voting and keep commenting!! :D***