Friend or Foe

Your Move

Jun

            Two hours later I was finally finished with my photos with little to no problems, but my mind seemed to be somewhere else to whole time. After coming out of the dressing room area I looked around the warehouse, not sure what I was looking for. Coming up short I placed my sunglasses on while making my way towards the exit. Jung-Hwa was suddenly by my side handing me my cell phone and keys. Looking around again Jung-Hwa seemed to catch me in the act. "If you're wondering where Ms. Melonie is, she decided to sit in the van. It seemed like all the attention was getting to her…" He said looking off towards the exit. "Tch, who cares. All of this is her fault anyway, she's needs to understand that she's not in America anymore and that she can't just say whatever she wants." I said pushing open the front door of the warehouse.

            Grabbing my elbow Jung-Hwa stopped me from going any further. "Maybe she was right…" He whispered to himself. Confused I said, "Come again?" He looked me straight in the eye. "Maybe she was right Jun." He said more clearly. "Right about what hyung?" "Right about you being a arrogant! You know back when I first started working with you in the beginning you were so bright, so talented. Now you're just acting like a pompous !" "Hyung_" "No, I've had enough of your attitude Jun, and frankly I think you owe Ms. Melonie an apology." Standing there shocked by hyungs sudden outburst, it took me a second respond. "Ok I might act a little over the top sometimes, but do you know the amount of stress I have on me right now?! My comeback is only three months away and it has to be perfect. New artists are coming out almost every day, and they can easily take my spot at the top in an instant. Why should my entire carrier lay in the hands of that girl! I'm fine without her, so this…this right now I don't need hyung." Walking away in a huff, I couldn't believe how everyone was reacting today. Couldn't they see that I was the one going to be damage by all of this?!

            Jerking the van door open, I was surprised to see Melonie laughing away as she talked to her assistant Hyuk-Shik. From the sudden uproar they both turned towards me. Hyuk-Shik stared down seeming afraid to even be in my presence, while Melonie rolled her brown eyes at me. "Jerk the door off why don’t ya…" She said as she started to text away on her phone in a bored fashion. This women…. "Out." Was all I said to Hyuk-Shik before he quickly started to gather his things to move out of the way. "Uh uh, Hyuk-Shik is sitting back here with me. You sit up front." Melonie commanded. "Like hell I will, this is my van!" "That's owned by the company, which owns you, which I'm in charge of… so technically you don't own . Front." She said while shooing me away. Bewildered I looked behind me to see a couple of people staring at us, while whispering quietly amongst themselves. "Ya! You can't talk to me this way, I'm older than you so you should show me some respect." I said turning around to face her again. Looking at me curiously before saying, "From the way I see it Min-Jun you're nothing but a boy standing in front of me right now. So in order to earn my respect, you gotta earn it. Front." She said nodding towards the seat in front of her.

            Reaching for the back of my neck, I could feel the stress start to rise along with anger. If Melonie was a guy talking to me like that, I probably would've beat the out of him, but no she had to be a girl. She had a smart mouth on her I'll give her that, but I don't know how much more I could take before I go completely crazy. "Enough you two we're in public! Jun get in the van!" Hyung whispered sharply. Grinding my teeth together I pushed past her assistant to jerk the front door open getting in. This day wasn't going how I planned. It seemed like everything was back firing on me rather than going the way I wanted it to go.

            As we made our way backs towards the heart of the city, the energy in the car was filled with nothing but tension between Melonie and I. The girl had it out for me since day one, and here I was about to head into a press conference to clean up her mess. If only she would've have kept her mouthed closed yesterday. She had no idea what type of person So-Young was. For one she was super possessive, and anyone she saw as a threat to our relationship to the public she destroyed their reputation. I've been with her for almost four years now, and it was always the same with her. Feeling a little bit guilty of the fact that I told So-Young where I was that morning, might have caused the whole thing to happen, but it still things could've have been handled differently.

            Finally pulling up to the building reporters were lined up waiting to pounce on the van before it even came to a stop. They looked like hungry piranhas waiting for a chance to eat us alive. Shivering from the thought, I turned to glare at Melonie. She gave me a slight grin, ignoring my scrutiny. "Jun and Ms. Melonie, the both of you can't be acting like this in front of the paparazzi. Now whatever feud you have going between the two of you has to stop for the time being. As of right now you both have to play the role of good friends." Hyung says. "What?!" Melonie and I both say at the same time. "He's right…" Everyone turns to look at Hyuk-Shik. "…I-it's ju-just that in order for this press conference to play in both of your favors, you have to play the part of good friends. Give the reports something they can build on in light of you both. If your relationship isn't good, then it'll start to raise even more questions as to what is really going on between you two. R-right manager Jung-Hwa?" Hyuk-Shik asked. "Yeah kid. You pretty much summed it up. Jun you help Melonie out of the car, as an act of kindness. Ms. Melonie we need you to be all smiles and gentle…not in a bad way of course, but in a way that makes you come off as a sweet ambitious young woman. We need the reporters on our side, or else were done for." Hyung said pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "I understand manager Jung-Hwa. If that what it takes to rectify all of this…then I see no problem in settling our differences right her, right now." Melonie said while eying me. Everyone was waiting for my response, as if I had a choice in the matter. Yet again here I was left with no options of my own. Letting out a deep breath I sighed. "Fine." I said while opening my door.

            As I hopped out of the van reporters from everywhere started to swarm around me. If it wasn't for the security pushing people back, they would've trampled me over. Gripping the handle I pulled back opening the inside of the van where Melonie was seated. Reaching out my hand I waited for her to take it. Staring behind me she looked almost scared at first from all the flashing lights and crowds of people. Biting her lower lip she seemed to be mustering up the last bit of her courage. Placing her small hand into mine, a spike of electricity shoot through my arm. Our eyes connected letting me know she felt it too. This weird occurrence seemed to happen every time we touched, starting from the first time we met. "You ready?" I asked loud enough for her to hear me. She nodded before hopping down from the van. "I'll meet you guys inside, I have to park the van!" Hyung said shouting over the noise. Turning away I started to usher us towards the entrance of the building. Melonie surprising stuck close to me as she followed me lead. All of a sudden someone bumped into her, which caused the crowd to stir even more. Something in me acted out on its own, causing me to gently place my hand protectively around her shoulder as we made our way through the crowd. She looked up at me for a split second before turning away to walk faster.

            When we finally made it inside it wasn't two seconds before Melonie discreetly pushed my hand of her shoulder. I flinched from the sudden action, as I dropped my hand to my side. "Melonie." A deep voice called her name. Looking in the direction I saw CEO Song making his way towards us in a pressed clean suit. "Are you ok? I apologize about the inconvenience." He said. She looked behind her before saying, "No, it's fine. I should be the one apologizing, it's my fault they're all here." "Nonsense. I heard about what happened yesterday, due to a certain someone…" He trailed off. "There's no need the worry, everything will be taken care of shortly after the press conference." He said confidently. I relaxed some knowing that CEO Song always came through, when it came to fixing problems. The man practically oozed confidence and charisma, but had a strong sense of authority it was why he was CEO of the company right now. "What makes you so sure?" Melonie asked. "There was a security camera in the dance studio recording the whole incident when it happened. When even caught one my artists making a nuisance of herself. All you need to do is relax and let Jun and I do all the talking, no need in stressing yourself out over a silly matter." He said giving her one of his charming smiles. She blushed slightly before nodding. Ugh, the whole thing made me want to barf. How could she feel so at ease with someone like him? I mean he was practically…intimidating. "Now if you'd both please follow towards the elevator_" "Um I n-need to run to the ladies room real quick, do you mind if I meet you up there?" Melonie said interrupting. "…Sure. We'll be on the fifteenth floor, the second room on the right." He said. "Ok thank you." She said before walking off. Hmm…

            As the CEO, Hyuk-Shik, and I rode in the elevator towards the fifteenth floor, he suddenly turned towards me to say in a low menacing voice. "You are going to fix this…or else." "Yes, Sajangnim…" I said quietly. The tension in the elevator made it clear that a little part of my reputation wasn't the only thing at stake here. When the elevator dinged to a stop, the doors opened signaling we were here. CEO Song stepped out without giving me another glance, as he made his way towards the conference room. Sighing I exited too. "Are you ok?" Hyuk-Shik asked concerned. "I'm Fine. You head in without me, I need to make a phone call." I lied. Bowing Slightly he proceed towards the room. Looking around I headed towards the stairwell. There was something about the elevator she didn't like which lead me to assume that there was something going on with her. If I was correct, Melonie should coming up those steps in a matter of minutes. Proving my theory right that Melonie had a fear of elevators. As I continued to wait I looked through my phone, seeing all the missed calls from So-Young. "I could only imagine what she wanted." I thought.  

            Suddenly I heard the clicking of shoes coming from down the stairs. As they continued to come closer the heavier the footsteps sounded. "…huff…huff" Heavy breathing came closer, as I saw a shadow of a person moving towards me. Then from around the corner came flushed looking Melonie, as she continued to make her way up the stairs panting strongly. When she made at the top of the steps, I stepped out in front of her causing her to jump. "Gezz!!" She exclaimed. "Well, well, well look what we have here…"

  ***Uh oh looks like Melonie was cuaght in the act! How will she react knowing that her dark secrect has been discovered?! How will the press confrence go? Find out next time! :D***