Expectations...

Your Move

Melonie

            Pulling up to the huge company building gave me the slight feeling of intimidation with its massive size. The realization that I was finally here started to become more and more real, as I stepped out of the car. The streets of Seoul were bustling with busy people rushing to their next destination, of another busy day. "Ms. Carter?" I turned from the call of my name. There stood a petite women dressed in an orange pencil skirt with a simple blouse. I smiled and nodded. "If you'd follow me please?" I looked behind me for Hyun-Shik, but he was already pulling away. Shrugging I followed the women inside the massive building.

            "We are so happy that you're here. CEO Song has been expecting your arrival." The woman said with good English trying to engage in simple conversation. "Thanks…by the way, do you know the reason of this meeting? I hate to go in there, and not know what to expect." Pressing the elevator button to go up, she peered up at me. "To go over the contract of course. Did you have a chance to go over it?" Remembering when I was I back in my office in Ohio, I did glance at the contract. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The contract lasted for three months, including free room and board in one of the companies dorms, a private dance studio for practice,  and a personal assistant. I assumed Hyun-Shik was that lucky person. The poor guy turns red as a tomato every time I look at him.

            "Yes, I've looked it over, and everything seems to be in order. Though there is one thing I wanted to discuss with your CEO." The elevator dinged, opening its doors for us to enter. Stepping inside the woman pressed the top floor button. "Well you'll have the chance to ask him anything you want. We would like for you to be as comfortable with your conditions as possible." Nodding I looked up at the counter showing that we were only on floor ten. I hated elevators! They gave me the creeps… Every time I stepped into one it made me think of those movies where the elevator would suddenly stop, and you'd be stuck in them for hours, crammed into a tight space. There was also the fear of falling to my death… I shivered from the thought. Closing my eyes I tried to push my fears away, focusing on the reason why I was here. "Are you alright?" Opening my eyes I saw the small woman staring at me with concern. Forcing a smile I nodded. "Yeah, I just have a small fear of elevators." She gasped. "I'm sorry, I didn’t know_" "No, no it's fine, it's just a silly fear of mine. No big deal." The elevator dinged once again, opening its doors to the top floor. Quickly walking out, I tried to put as much distance between me and that death trap.

            "Sorry Ms. Carter…if you would please follow me." I bet I seemed like such a dork to her. Sighing I followed behind her, as we passed by a receptionist desk leading towards two large doors. Stopping in front of the them, she knocked gently before opening. "Sajangnim (CEO), Ms. Carter is here to see you." She answered in Hangul. "Send her in…" A smooth voice answered from the other side of the door. "Dae. He'll see you now." She said stepping out of the way. Taking one last deep breath, I walked inside the room.

            The office was huge, consisting of simple décor. Two large couches and a plush chair were placed on my right, on the outside of a small coffee table. The room was bright with big windows showing the skyline of the city. Glancing to my right I saw man who looked to be about in his early thirties, standing to greet me. As he came closer to me, the more attractive he became. Standing to be about 6'2", he wore a tailored made dark-gray suit, which complimented his slim body. His hair combed back, reviling the full force of his dark curious eyes. Quickly looking away, I was completely taken aback by him. I thought he was going to be older gentleman, maybe in his late fifties, kind of mean looking, and married…. Instead here stood a man who fit none of those assumptions.

            A tender smile played across his lips as he stuck out his hand to greet me. "You  must be Miss Carter. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm CEO Song Min-Jae." He said in perfect English. Mentally pulling myself together I shook his hand. I noted it's warmness and how his hand covered mine. "It's nice to meet you too." Pulling back my hand a little too quickly, I noticed the room size starting to become noticeably smaller. Almost sensing my discomfort, he pointed towards the couches. "Would you like to have a sit? We could talk where it's more comfortable." "Yes please."

            As I took a seat on one of the couches, he sat in the plush chair to the left of me. Pulling out a manila envelope, he took out a packet of papers. Flipping through a couple of the pages, he then slid it towards me. "Did you have time to glance at the contract, I know it must have been hectic with everything thrown at you all at once." "Surprisingly no… I've been through last minute situations like this before, so I was able to read the contract over with my lawyer, and everything seemed to be in order." Leaning back in his chair he seemed pleased with the fact that I wasn't stressing out. "I'm glad to hear that. Is there anything you wanted to ask me before you signed?" I perked up, finally having the chance to ask what's been on my mind for weeks. "Yes, I was wondering if I was going to be granted some vacation time. I'd like to visit my father while I'm here in Korea for these three months." "Certainly. You'll have a whole week to yourself. I hope you don’t mind, but what exactly does your father do for a living?" He asked curiously. Smiling quietly to myself, I thought about my Dad's starched uniform that he wore almost every single day to work though. "He's actually a drill sergeant at a military base called Camp Casey. I haven't seen him in five years though..." "That's a long time apart…I'm sure he'll be happy to see you once again." He said thoughtfully. "I know I will." I said trying to hold in my emotions.

            "Hmm, well I'm Sure you're probably curious to see who you're going to be working with for three months. How about I call him up to meet us." He said pressing a button to what looked like an intercom system. "Ji-Hyossi could you please call Min-Jun into my office." He ordered in Korean. "Most certainly sir." A woman on the other side of the intercom replied. Glancing back towards me he gave me a knowing smile. "I'm sure you've heard about Min-Jun from his manger, that he's not the most cooperative person in the world. I don't mean to talk shrewdly about the man, but he has an ego almost as big as this room. So if he causes you any problems…" I cracked a smile from his remark. "Don't worry, I've dealt with these types of clients before. He wouldn't be the first superstar I've had to take down a notch. With your permission CEO Song I'd like to be able use my method of training, before I start to teach him any kind of dance moves." The man seemed intrigued. "And what method would that be Ms. Carter?" Smirking slightly I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "…Let's just say he'll be ready by the time his comeback comes around." Mr. Song laughed seeming to like my answer. "I admire your spunk Ms. Carter. I'll leave him to you then." Suddenly there was a knock, and we both turned towards the doors. "Come in…"

***Are you guys ready for Melonie and Jun to finally meet? Find out in part two….which will be out later tonight. Thanks for your patience! :D***