Greetings

Your Move

Jun

            "Ok let's take it again form the bridge…" My producer Dong-Yul said from the other side of the soundproof glass. Nodding I placed the headphones over my ears once again, like it was second nature. As the beats of the song started to pick up, I took a deep breath preparing myself for my signature high note. Hitting it on the mark, I smirked thinking of all the women who've  fainted from my falsettos. As the song began to fade, Dong-Yul's voice blared through saying, "Alright, I think we've got it this time." "Tch, I was never worried" I thought as I laid the headphones back on the stand.

            Walking out of the music booth I sat on the couch sitting against the back wall. "Sigh…play it back to me." I ordered.  Pressing some buttons the song played back through the surround sound speakers in the studio. Crossing my legs in front of me, I began to nod along to the music. The song had an upbeat rhythm, making people want to dance along with it. The story of the song was supposed to be about an man who sees his high school crush, and she causes him to feel young again by old emotions. It was supposed to be a balled love song, but my agency wanted me to try something different by giving my music a more lighter and younger sound. Since my debut I was known for my slow R&B sound and soulful music, but now that I had less musical freedom…they wanted me to produce music more my age. Ugh… The thought of changing my whole sound made me want to cringe.

            A sudden buzz form my pocket roused me from my thoughts. Holding up my hand Dong-Yul cut the music. Pulling out my phone the caller ID showed "Enemy's Secretary." Rolling my eyes I reluctantly answered the call. "Yes." There was a slight pause on the other end. "Min-Jun, you actually answered this time." "Yeah, yeah. What is it, I'm kind of busy." I said already getting agitated with her. "Ahem…Sajangnim would like for you to come to his office." I could feel my fingers grip the phone tighter. "What's the reason…?" I asked suspiciously. I could practically hear her smirking on the other end of the line. "If I told you that you wouldn't come." Then she hung up. That …

            With agitation I stood up to gather my things. "Is something wrong?" Dong-Yul asked with concern in his voice. "Nothing, just some business I have to take care of. I'll be back later tonight to put the finishing touches on the song." Not waiting for his answer I was already out the door. Wishing I wasn't in the building all together,  I decided to take my sweet time in getting up to CEO Song's office. "I wonder what this could be about?" I thought as I walked around the corner towards the elevators. Having somewhat of an idea made me walk even slower. He was going to fire me…    

            Running my hands through my hair, I jabbed the elevator "up" button.  "He wouldn't..." I whispered to myself. Remembering the file that Jung-Hwa left for me yesterday, had me reeling with dread. After he left I was so frustrated that I through the damn thing in the garbage. I decided to pull some of my own strings, and call some friends of mine who could maybe reference me to choreographer close by, but every phone call I made they were either busy or they wouldn't answer at all. Maybe I should have listen hyung earlier, but my stubbornness would never allow me admit that out loud.

            As the elevator doors opened, I stepped inside sealing my fate with a push of a button. Every ding for the floors seemed to make my heart beat faster. If the CEO had any conscience at all, then he would understand that he would be making a huge mistake. The doors suddenly opened showing the top floor. Walking down the hall I passed the secretary who called me earlier. "You can go on in Min-Jun." She said not even looking up from her computer screen. Tch, the woman was probably squealing with joy, from her lack of concern with my situation. Ignoring her, I took one last deep breath before knocking on the large door in front of me. "Come in…"

            Opening the door the first thing I saw was Song sitting on the plush chair to my left. I walked into the room looking around the wide office casually, when my eyes landed on a slender black girl who was staring at me curiously. I paused, wondering what the hell was going on. "Come Jun, I'd like to introduce to you Ms. Carter. She's going to be your new choreographer." CEO Song answered in English. Huh?! Looking around cautiously, I was waiting for the moment when people would pop out saying that this was all a joke. "You're kidding right?" I asked in Hangul. Please be kidding… "Don't be rude Jun. Greet yourself." Song said sternly.

            Glancing to my right, I saw her now standing to greet me. The girl had dark caramel skin with shoulder length hair, which complemented her young face. I also noticed how tall she was, as she moved closer with a fluid sway in her hips. "This girl screams trouble.." I thought when she now standing in front of me. "I'm Melonie Carter, it's a pleasure to finally meet you Jun." She said while extending her hand out to me. "Only people close to me call me that." I curtly. "Ahem!" Cutting my eyes towards  CEO Song, I inwardly cringed as I reach out to take her hand. A spark of electricity flew up my arm as our hands met. Quickly pulling my hand back, I watched for her reaction making sure I wasn't the only who felt that, but she seemed unfazed. Major trouble…

            "You can just call me Min-Jun I guess." I said turning away from her, finding a seat on one of the couches. "My mistake, I'd just figured we'd be on a first name bases while we work and all." I stiffened. "Working together? I haven't even signed anything yet to make this even official." I said glaring at her. "It's only a matter of time, so why not?" She said giving me a sly smile. Yep, I could already tell that her and I weren't going to get along.

Turning to the CEO I saw a small grin curving his lips, as he stared intently at this Carter girl. "Nothing is for certain yet." I replied bringing my attention back to her. "Actually…everything is ready to be signed Jun. We were just waiting for you to join us so that we could proceed." Song said while sliding the contract and pen in front of me. "Remember you're on your last chance Jun, so refusing to sign is pointless." I knew what my situation was like more than anyone else, but I didn’t need him to remind me. They already had me corned anyway.

            Jerking the pin up, I angrily signed the dotted line. "Happy?" I said sarcastically. The girl quietly signed the contract also, leaving the CEO's signature to make it final. "It's going to be real fun working with you Min-Jun. I'm sure you'll come around and understand that this was for the best." She said giving me a wide smile. Though it might have looked genuine to anyone else, it didn't fool me. She was like a snake waiting to strike me down at any chance she got. What did I just get myself into…