Home Sweet Home...

Your Move

***This is my frist solo story, and i've been wanting to work on this one in particular for a while, but haven't had the time. So....I MADE TIME! lol. Well i hope you guys like it. Don't be afraid to comment and share your thoughts. It's gonna be a fun ride, so ENJOY! :D****

JUN

            "I said no damnit!" I shouted in frustration. My manager sighed in aggravation. "This isn't something that you can just refuse Jun…you have a comeback in just three months, and you STILL don' t have a choreographer!" Sitting down I uncapped a bottle of water. "And how exactly is this my fault hyung?" I said taking a swig. Jung-Hwa sighed in annoyance, as he pushed his crooked glasses up the bridge of his nose.

            "Please don't sit there and act like you have no idea what's going on Jun. Considering you've had six choreographers walk out on you during the course of your whole career, which I must remind you has only been two years! You should just hear some of the things they've said about you." "I can only imagine hyung, I'm sure it's only good news." I said sarcastically."It's that arrogance of yours that’s gotten you into this mess the first place. You know, if no one would have known better they've probably would've thought you were a spoiled little rich kid. Not to mention your inability to follow orders." Turning my head towards him I looked hurt. "Am I really that rich?" I asked while winking at him.

            Jung-Hwa howled in anger. "Listen Min-Jun if you want to continue to be on top of the charts, and have a longer predicted career on your hands, then I suggest you to put aside that pride of yours and take the recommended choreographer I put in that file for you." I could feel his pleading eyes boring a hole into the side of my face. Exhaling loudly I leaned back in the chair, closing my eyes. "The answer is still no hyung…" Jung-Hwa sighed sadly to himself. "I figured you'd be this way, that's why I took the liberty in talking to CEO Song about this myself…and he supports this decision 100%. He also said that if you continued to refuse, that he would be forced with the decision to drop you from the company completely."

            I immediately hopped up from my chair. "He said what?! H-he ca-can't do that." Does he not know how much money I've made him over the past couple of years?!" Breathing hard I started to search for my phone. Oh man was I gonna give him a piece of my mind_ "Just accept the choreographer Min-Jun." Jung-Hwa said interrupting my thoughts. "The hell I will! I told you I don't like American dancers." "Wait, how did you know they were American?" He asked confused. "I know you hyung. Plus the agency's been riding my back about transitioning too, but the answer still a no." "Why? You afraid they might have a bigger ego than yours?" "You think this is funny? My career's on the line, and you're over here making jokes." "Just look at the file and tape Jun." With that said he picked up his jacket and left. Sigh… "Damnit!"

Melonie

            "Whew, man I'm beat!" I thought while walking out of the terminal. Looking around the airport, most of the signs consisted of Hangul (Korean) as I made my way through. After  couple of minutes of waiting for my suitcase, I wondered towards the exit. As I was walking by I noticed a sign from the corner of my eye. "Melonie Carter" Looking at the young man holding the sign in front of him, his eyes were quickly scanning the crowd.

            When I was close enough, he managed to notice me too. Enthusiastically running around the separator rope, he bowed and grabbed my hand. " Annyeonghaseyo (Hello), welcome to Seoul." His accent was thick, but I understood. "If you would follow me please." He said as he took my bags and headed towards outside. Once we were outside he turned to me to say, "Miss Car(ta) would mind waiting while I pull the car around?" "No, no go ahead. It's not a problem…" Hinting for his name the young man gently put down my bags while bowing politely. "Sorry, where are my manners. My name is Hyun-Shik." "Well Hyun-Shik, I won't move a muscle until you return." I said smiling warmly. Giving me a slight smile, he picked my bags back up, and proceeded in the direction of the car.

            Taking a deep breath I was finally able to say, that I was home at last. A lot of people didn't know, but I was actually born on a military base called Camp Casey in Dongducheon. I've always thought of myself as a full blooded Korean citizen even though I was black, but others didn't quite think of it the same way… Quickly dismissing past memories, I glanced up to see Hyun-Shik had returned with the car. Swiftly hopping out, he ran towards me to open the door. Sort of taken aback by his shivery I slightly bowed. "Thank you." Once inside he quickly closed the door, hastily making his way towards the driver side.

            "Are we in a rush?" I asked curiously. "Um yes, CEO Song of STARINK wants to have a quick word with you before you get settled in." He struggled to say in English. "You know…I can understand Korean perfectly fine, so don't feel like you have to speak English when you're around me." I saw him perk up slightly by this. "You can understand Hangul? I'd figure you'd want to speak your native language." I giggled by his assumption. "That's the thing, Hangul is my native language. I grew up in Korea during my early years." "Deabak (Awesome), I never would have figured that out about you…" He answered this time comfortably in Korean. "Well it never hurts to ask." I said with a gentle smile. Looking at me through the rearview mirror, he quickly looked away with a small blush creeping up his cheeks. I found it was surprisingly easy to be able to slip back into mode of speaking Korean considering I haven't spoken a word in five years.

            Relaxing into the seat of the car, I let my mind wonder back towards the day when STARINK first got in contact with me. I was surprised by their call and the abruptness of the invitation they offered me with. They wanted me to teach some Korean pop star named Jun. I've never heard of him of course, but the only time I've  ever come close to Korea these past years was to stay in touch with my father, who was a staff sergeant at Camp Casey.

            On the phone I remember the gentleman named Jung-Hwa trying to explain to me the type of man this Jun was, which of course was nothing I haven't dealt with before. The man was a diva from what it sounded, and his agency was on their last set of legs with him. "Please Miss Carter we really need you. We only have three months to pull off the impossible, and I believe you're someone who can pull that off." I remember the sense of sympathy I felt for the man. Reluctantly I agreed hoping I wouldn't regret my decision.

            Looking out the window now, I took a deep breath preparing myself for what was to come. I had somewhat of an idea of what I was dealing with, but uncertainty crossed my mind. Was I going to have to heads with Jun, or was he going to play nice? I knew one thing, if he thought that I was just going to give up easily like the others before me, then he was dead wrong…