Hot Off the Press

Your Move

Melonie

            Looking at my wrist to check the time, I started wondering why Jun wasn't taking his pictures yet. Glancing around the warehouse some people were rushing in different directions trying to set up equipment, while others were standing around on their phones quickly glancing at me, whispering quietly amongst themselves. Feeling somewhat self conscious about all the unwanted attention, I looked over to find Huyk-Shik. As I started to walk over I noticed that he was frantically scrolling through his I-pad. "What's wrong?" I asked. He jumped slightly from the sound of my voice. "Oh Ms. Ca_, Melonie…" He said quickly placing his I-pad behind him. As glanced everywhere but my face, it seemed like he was trying to keep something from me. "Is something wrong?" I asked concerned. "N-no nothing's wr-wrong." He stammered. Sighing, I placed my hand out in front of my motioning "gimme". Reluctantly he placed the device on my hand. Looking at the screen I didn't know what I was reading at first but then I looked at the bold headlines, and it all started to make sense…

"Foreign Chorographer Rudely Stops All Recordings in a Huff" "Girl Group Idol in Tears After Confrontation" "Will Returning Male Artist's Comeback be put on Hold?"  As I continued to read the headlines my heart started to beat faster and faster. "That !" I thought as I imagined the person who had a hand in all of this. Besides dealing with Jun, I haven't even been here a week and problems are already starting. "Why would she do something like this?" This thought seemed to bother me the most as I continued to scroll through the increasing amount of articles. Suddenly the device was snatched away from me. Startled I looked up to find an angry Jun staring down at me. "Excuse you." I said irritated. "Excuse me?! Have you seen that mess you've created!" He said angrily. "Hyung…" Hyuk-Shik said.  "You must have me mistaken for someone else because I've done nothing wrong." I said. "Oh really because that's not what these articles say." He said while almost shoving the I-pad in front of my face. "First of all you need to back up and watch the way you're speaking to me, and secondly what those articles say Min-Jun aren't true and you know it." I said breaking the politeness in my Korean. "Now now guys, we shouldn't be arguing with each other out in the open like this." Jung-Hwa said in a hushed tone from behind Jun. Jun turned to glare at him. His manager firmly put his hand on Jun's shoulder while quietly saying, "Jun go finish your photo shoot, the press conference is still being set up at the moment. No need in wasting this opportunity." Jun's jaw tightened, but he finally back away from me. Turning to leave he stopped and looked over his shoulder at me. "We might know the truth of what happened Melonie, but that's not what the world sees…" With that he simply walked away.

            "Gezz what a diva!" I thought while trying to compose myself. "I'm sorry. Jun can sometimes become a little sensitive." Jung-Hwa suddenly said turning his attention back to me. "It's not your fault manager Jung-Hwa. Forgive me for being frank, but you shouldn't be standing up for Jun's actions. He's spoiled and should learn how to take care of his own responsibilities. I admit yesterday I was a tad heated because no one was listening to me, but all of this could have been avoided if Jun would've stepped up for his own self." I confessed. Jung-Hwa gave me a gentle smile before saying, "Ms. Melonie, the reason why Jun couldn't stand up for himself yesterday was because he's supposed to seem like he's in a relationship with Ms. So-Young. What would it look like if Jun would have told her no in front of all those cameras? Those two are selling a fantasy that people are willing to invest in." "Wait, do you mean they're not really together but acting?!" I asked shocked. "Now I can't really answer that question because I'm not exactly sure what Jun really feels for her, but I do know that if this isn't straightened soon this could mean bad news for Jun's comeback…" Jung-Hwa said.

            Taking in this information I suddenly felt slightly guilty about my actions yesterday. I didn't think about how it was going to affect Jun, I was only concerned about myself. Glancing over at Jun I watched as he posed calmly for the camera. It looked as if he didn't almost have a total meltdown a few moments ago. "I wonder what's going through his head right now?" I thought. Out of the blue our eyes seemed to cross paths again, which caused my heart to do a quick jolt. Quickly looking away I chastised myself for even looking over there in the first place. "Manager Jung-Hwa do you have the keys to the van?" I asked. "Yes, why?" "I'd like to sit in the van for a little while, I don't want to give Jun anymore "unwanted attention"." I said. Seeming to understand my discomfort from all the stares, he gladly handed me the key. Hyuk-Shik quietly followed after me, as I walked out of the warehouse towards the van.    

***Hey guys I know it's been a few weeks since I've updated, but don't be alarmed by the shortness of this chapter. Jun's part will be up real soon. Keep the votes and more importantly the comments coming. I enjoy reading how much you guys are enjoying the story so far. Stay awesome!!! :D***