Nuisance EH

Chicken Wings

Oh my God, not again. I sighed as I noticed a very familiar face enter the café I work at as a manager. The person comes every day and orders a coffee. Then he opens his laptop and starts working on it I guess. Around lunch he would order a sandwich and a shake which would last him until like three o´clock. At that time he would eventually leave but not without trying to speak to me. My colleagues have so much fun from my stalker that sometimes they would pretend to be busy just so I would end up serving him.

Donghae, as I involuntarily got to know his name, waved at me enthusiastically and just like always there was no one around apart from me. I sighed and went to prepare his order. He always wants the same in the morning so I don´t  bother asking him anymore.

“Here´s your coffee, Donghae,” I said coldly and put the cup next to his opened laptop.

“I would like to order something more today,” Donghae said before I could leave. I turned around and nodded at him with a professional smile. I´m pretty sure it´s nothing worth waiting and I would need my golden patience again.

“I lost my number yesterday, could I have yours instead?” He said in a goofy tone and I almost vomited. But still with a smile on my face I pulled out a paper from my pants and gave it to the surprised man.

“Don´t worry, you gave it to me yesterday remember? I´m returning it,” I smirked and swiftly disappeared behind the counter again. I couldn´t hold my laugh. Donghae pushed the little paper with his number into my hand yesterday and I stuffed it into my uniform. I would forget about it, if he didn´t have his cheesy remark a while ago. Good he told me or I would wash the pants not knowing and the bits of the paper would be all over my clothes.

I decided to forget about the chestnut haired man and focus on my job instead. I´ve been working here for more than five years when Leeteuk, the owner of this place and my hyung decided to take me under his wing. Not literally of course. Through the years I managed to become a manager with only Leeteuk above me now. All the other employees were supervised by me but being a small café and having a lot of customers during the peak hours meant, I would practically be anywhere needed.

“Eunhyuk?” I raised my head only to see the unfortunate brunette in front of me. I sighed too tired to put on a decent smile. “I´m broke,” Donghae announced flatly. Wait, what?

“Like you want me to lend you or what?” I stared at him stupidly. Donghae scratched his neck nervously.

“I kinda spent too much by coming here everyday and now I don´t have enough to pay for the coffee anymore,” he whined and I couldn´t believe how dumb some people can be. Nevertheless it was my golden chance.

“I see,” I pretended to take those few coins for his cup very seriously; “this will be a huge problem, Donghae. If I let you go, my boss will punish me severely and you wouldn´t want that, would you?” I acted devastated and Donghae ate it all.

“Of course not, Hyuk!” Donghae cried and I hissed at the nickname he already gave me. What a brat, just you wait!

“I´ll cover it somehow but you can´t show your face here for at least three weeks, okay?” I whispered so it would look like I don´t want anyone hear about my crime. Seriously, I will just throw into the cashbox a coin from my own wallet. Not seeing Donghae for three weeks would definitely be worth it. And maybe he will lose his interest and disappear completely.

“But that´s so harsh!” The brunette protested sporting a very serious pout on his thin lips. How annoying.

“It can´t be helped, Donghae,” I shook my head and he whimpered.

“Okay but don´t forget about me in the meantime,” Donghae said lastly before he shuffled out of the café. A huge smile was plastered on my face when I wrote one coffee on my own account. I´m not the type to be mean for no reason but something about Donghae was scaring me. As if he knew.

At six o´clock I was ready to close the shop and go home to gain my rest finally. I was dead tired after all those working hours and Donghae as a bonus. My back was hurting badly and I couldn´t wait for a hot bath. Walking down the path home I suddenly noticed a person lying on the ground face first. I hope it´s not a corpse. Crouching down I poked into the lifeless body.

“Ung,” the dead man moaned painfully. Good, he´s alive. I hurried to turn him on his back and give him the first aid if needed. But when I saw his face I yelped loudly.

“Donghae?! What happened?” I asked him pushing him up into sitting position. “Are you alright?” I asked him worried. The man might be a nuisance but he´s still a human and not a erted creep as I thought at first.

“Hungry,” was his answer that left me staring dumbly at him. But after that one sentence he hasn´t spoken anymore but kept in pain and over all looked so pitiful that I made an unreasonable decision. I brought Donghae to my flat.

“It´s nothing much but I like this place so don´t destroy anything in here, get it?” I warned the bunch of limbs sprawled on my sofa. I sighed and went to the kitchen. Working in the café for a few years and having gastro-related part time jobs through my whole life, I wasn´t completely lost at making supper.

In fifteen minutes I managed to cook a small meal for me and Donghae and when I put the plates on the dining table, the brunette miraculously appeared in the room. “Smells nice.”

We ate in silence but after a lot of nagging from my side, Donghae spilt the beans. Apparently he was passing too much time in the café. He wasn´t working properly and spent too much money on the drinks and food in the café that he later didn´t have enough to feed himself something nutritious. How stupid is that?!

“And you go to the café because of me?” I asked him in disbelief.

“Yeah, because you wouldn´t talk to me normally and because I don´t want to seem like a stalker by following you off work,” Donghae whined and I bit my lip. He´s such a and a nuisance but you just can´t hate him for that.

“Okay,” I sighed. “Go wash yourself and rest here on the sofa if you want. I´ll bring you home tomorrow morning. Today I´m not feeling well to talk to you, Donghae, understand,” I explained tiredly but patiently.

“Thanks, Eunhyuk,” Donghae smiled brightly and was about to hug me but I managed to push him away. Not only I didn´t want him to touch me, he smelled too. Probably from sleeping on the street.

Locking myself in my bedroom I took off my shirt and fell on my bed relaxing and unfortunately falling asleep immediately. I should have taken the bath or at least changed my clothes but nah, I need my heavenly sleep first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey! Double update! :D But now, I´m gonna go to sleep already. The semester starts tommorrow, better be fresh at the start. Be careful guys and don´t catch a cold. Thank you for reading and already some upvotes too! You trust me too much, really. - PandaHero