Dummy DH

Chicken Wings

“Love?!” Eunhyuk started coughing, his eyes as wide as flying saucers.

I was amused by his strong reaction. It´s not like I was keeping my feelings a secret from him so when he asked me, I spilled the beans. Did he want me to be more romantic?

“You love me, Donghae?” The red haired angel was stunned. “But you don´t know me! How can you say such a big word so lightly? You can´t love me. Is it a joke?” His surprise changed into anger and I knew he was panicking inside, ready to run away.

“Calm down, Hyuk,” I started in a soothing voice because the man in front of me was on the verge of tears. Why, though? Isn´t it me, who is putting his feelings on line here? Never mind, the angel is more important right now. “Listen, you don´t have to believe me and I´m also not asking anything from you. I´m not asking you to love me back, I´m not even asking you to go out with me. But you can´t forbid me to love you. Those are my feelings and even if I could change them, I wouldn´t want to.”

After my speech it was silent at the table and it was awkward too. I regretted saying something without thinking but it was too late to cry over it. I glanced at Eunhyuk who must have been confused to nowhere. It´s true we haven´t known each other for a long time and even less time we spent by talking. But I think I already understood the main point that Eunhyuk is the most anxious, careful and fragile being I´ve ever met. He hates surprises and things he can´t prepare for. He hates not having control and being defenceless and I´m also aware that I cross the line way too often for his liking.

“So,” Eunhyuk suddenly mumbled and I almost expected him to bid me farewell. “Can I just treat you as a friend?” His question was so cute and made me smile widely.

“I would like to be your friend, really,” I said honestly. Eunhyuk has always been so cold and careful around me that I got a feeling he hated me. But it seems like I was wrong and the angel is just simply reserved and his cold demeanour might not be intentional.

“Fine,” the red head smiled almost bashfully and luckily at that moment the waitress came in with our orders. Eunhyuk decided to put away all the thoughts and focus solely on his meal, which by the way was pretty funny to watch. I would have never thought that the skinny man had such a big stomach. Or maybe he was just eating out his stress.

“Let´s stop at mine,” Eunhyuk said after I paid for the meal. Sounds fancy if the money didn´t come from my hyung´s pocket. “You can change into your new clothes and I´ll put on something nicer too.”

“Sounds reasonable,” I agreed and so we went to Eunhyuk´s house to change.

When we entered the small flat, I somehow felt homey again. It was strange because the flat wasn´t very decorated and was perfectly clean too. But for some reason I could tell that there had to be more to this place. Or was I being only too imaginative when it came to the angel? Angel, I keep using this word but according to Eunhyuk it´s not true. Is he lying or am I wrong? I guess I will have to find out with time, that is if the red head allows me to spend enough time with him to get to know him better. I wish he would.

“I´m going to change in the bedroom, call me if you had a problem with the tie or so,” Eunhyuk told me and disappeared in the only room I haven´t been able to enter yet. Last time I got stopped by the doors but this time I wanted to find out. I know it sounds creepy but I still have a feeling that the secret behind this empty flat must be lying over there.

“Hyuk, I think I can´t tie it by myself afterall,” I exclaimed wearing only the shirt, pants and untied cravat around my neck.

“Come here,” he yelled back and I couldn´t believe my luck. I had even the permission to enter. But that means the room isn´t a secret then.

I entered the dim lit room carefully but once I glanced around I thought my eyes would fall out of their sockets. The bedroom was of course small just like the rest of the house but definitely the most beautiful. The furniture was simple but made from dark wood that gave it an elegant feel. The window was on the left, white curtains hanging over it covering the slowly setting sun. The wardrobe on the right was also made from that dark wood but had some strange carvings on it. The most dominant object in the room must have been the bed standing in front of me. Light blue bedding allowed the picture above it take the dominance. A picture of Paris was painted on the wall in the same colours as the furniture and the sunset. Small lights stuck to the ceiling were shining on the painting and I felt as if I wasn´t in Korea anymore.

“You like it?” Eunhyuk chuckled and only now I noticed his presence behind the opened doors of the wardrobe. He just like me had only his pants and shirt on. But the shirt was still opened and so I could see the bandage beneath it.

“Doesn´t it hurt?” I asked touching the cloth. Eunhyuk got startled slightly but then sighed and closed the distance between us. He ignored the closeness, thought, and simply started tying the cravat.

“Not really, it just gets uncomfortable after couple of hours,” he answered still focused on the tie.

“I see,” I showed some reaction. But inside I was burning like crazy. Eunhyuk classified me as his friend and started treating me this way but my own feelings haven´ t changed of course. The attractive man was standing close to me in this fairy-tale like room and I was becoming dizzy.

“More than a gorgeous diamond
Even more than countless medals, nothing more
The sun won’t make the wish come true
The light that´s emitting deep into the heart”

I said what I had on my mind aloud. I couldn´t let this beautiful moment pass just simply like that. I might not feel like this ever again and even if I won´t remember these verses tomorrow, I felt like they should be pronounced. Eunhyuk was startled by my spontaneous recitation and stopped halfway in tying the cravat.

“What did you say?” He asked me. Fortunately those words refused to leave my mind and so I was able to repeat them for the angel one more time. This time I felt slightly embarrassed, though.


“More than a gorgeous diamond
Even more than countless medals, nothing more
The sun won’t make the wish come true
The light that´s emitting deep into the heart”

Eunhyuk chuckled and finished my tie. His long fingers smoothed a few wrinkles on my shoulders and then went back to his own shirt. The red head began taking care of his own wardrobe, buttoning up his shirt and putting on a nice fancy blazer. Dressed properly, looking like an angel again, he finally turned to me.

“Did you just come up with that?” He asked me curiously and I nodded. “I don´t understand why you´re always broke when you create beautiful poems like this. It´s a pity you can´t make a proper living with that,” he told me and I blushed.

Eunhyuk walked out of the bedroom and turned off the lights. I followed him to the living room where I put on my own blazer, face still red from embarrassment. Then Eunhyuk spoke up once more.

“But I guess it can´t be helped if you were born a .” Excuse me?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Finally an update! I´m sorry, guys, but I don´t thing I´ll be able to update as often as before. I have a lot on my back at school right now, I´m going crazy :D But that doesn´t mean I would abandon the story. I guess some of you like it so I would like to continue for a little longer. This time Donghae´s poem comes from SJ - Hero :P Let´s support our handsome oppas!! Thank you for reading and your (sometimes pretty funny) comments. Love you - PandaHero