Sleepyhead DH

Chicken Wings

I woke up feeling as if I was ran over by train or something. My back and neck hurt so much and I wondered of where in the hell was I sleeping tonight. Opening my eyes finally, I found myself on a small red sofa in not much larger apartment. I had to blink for a few times before I managed to take in the foreign view. The place looked nice and stylish although it was apparent that its owner wasn´t really a billionaire. I was also surprised how clean the small living room slash kitchen slash dining room looked. Must be girl´s house.

All of a sudden music started playing from the closed room I guessed must have been bedroom. A groan and the melody stopped abruptly. Looks like the owner of this house was waking up. I gulped loudly and stood up to greet the person that picked me up last night. But I couldn´t have been more shocked when the bedroom doors opened.

Slim man entered the living room causing me to stop breathing and almost existing altogether. His single-lidded eyes were still half closed and his red lips swollen. The bloody strains of hair were sticking into all possible directions falling over the tired face. The person was wearing only his dark jeans that were carelessly hooked around his hips revealing his black underwear even so slightly. His upper body was bare making the smooth white skin glisten in the early morning sun. But although I really wanted to linger on those tight muscles and cute moles, I couldn´t help but shift my stare on his back. There they were, beautiful white wings attached to Eunhyuk´s back.

“!”

The sleepy head noticed my presence in the room and started swearing at me, at himself, at whatever came into his mind. Well, not every day you can meet an angel with such foul mouth. I was getting slightly worried because Eunhyuk had a hard time calming down.

“Maybe you could go and take a bath while I make you breakfast?” I offered quietly not wanting to prick the angry creature even more. Eunhyuk didn´t even answer me and entered the bathroom with a loud bang. I hissed and decided to pick up my limbs before the moody man returns.

I went to the small kitchenette separated from the living area only by a small wooden counter with the dining table attached to it. I had to admit that Eunhyuk was definitely a genius when it came to practical and smart usage of a small space. Hey, now´s not the time to wonder about stuff like that. I hurried to open his fridge and look for something to eat. Unfortunately I wasn´t the best cook and didn´t really know what to make out of the ingredients present. I sighed and waited for the grumpy red head to come. But when Eunhyuk arrived, he didn´t look as angry as before.

“Where´s my breakfast, huh?” He mocked knowing perfectly well what the problem was. Standing in the doorframe with his arms crossed over his white wife beater, fresh from the bath he looked even more stunning.

“I´m sorry, I can´t cook,” I admitted secretly glancing at the still slightly wet feathers. Eunhyuk followed my stare and frowned.

“I´ll make it and send you home. After that I don´t want to see you ever again,” he said sternly and pushed me away to clear the space in the kitchen for himself. I sadly did what he said but it was bugging me greatly that I would have to scratch off the red head from my life again. I sat on a chair behind the counter and watched Eunhyuk prepare the breakfast.

“Scrambled eggs or sunny side up?” Eunhyuk turned around to ask me, his wings instinctively folding a little bit not to hit the cabinets behind him.

“Whatever you like,” I mumbled fascinated by the white feathers. Eunhyuk sighed and went back to preparing the breakfast for the two of us. Having more space the wings unfolded again but not completely. It was silent for a long time with only the noises from clanking dishes and frying oil. I was itching to break the uncomfortable atmosphere but just like always my choice of words wasn´t very lucky.

“Are you an angel?” I asked at last. Eunhyuk froze in his place and it seemed as if he was angry again. He didn´t turn, though, and gaining some more time to calm himself he answered my question.

“I´m not.” It was simple and definite and caused me a great disappointment. “Don´t look so devastated, Donghae, it´s irritating,” he added and I raised my head to meet his cold eyes. I realised my mistake and quickly apologised but the atmosphere stayed awkward and totally uncomfortable. The opposite of what I was aiming for.

“Eat quickly and wash yourself afterwards. I have morning shift today and don´t want to come late,” Eunhyuk told me when placing two plates with eggs and toasts on the table with a thud. But the same coffee I order everyday at the café was also presented to me and all of a sudden I felt like Eunhyuk might not hate me completely after all. I still have a chance, don´t I?

But to be good I ate fast and put my plate into the sink. I rushed to the bathroom to make myself presentable but when I heard quiet hissing from Eunhyuk´s bedroom. I had to go and take a look. If the latter is in pain, I might be of help. I peeked through not properly closed door of the bedroom and my eyes widened in horror.

Eunhyuk was standing in the middle of the room with his wings completely folded on his back. He was tying them closer to his body with elastic bandage which he was wrapping around his upper torso. The process looked unnatural and painful, his pained moans affirming my thoughts. Seeing such a scene tears suddenly filled my eyes and slid down my cheeks. Eunhyuk didn´t notice my presence yet and put on his bandaged torso a white shirt. No surprise I didn´t notice anything at the café or when I hugged the man.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn´t you be washing that dirty face you idiot?” The red head opened the doors wider. “You are crying?” He asked me terrified. “Are you hurting again?” His worried facw was completely genuine.

“No,” I answered with disgusting snot hanging from my nose, “I´m fine, Hyuk.”

“Okay then go and prepare yourself cause we are leaving,” he patted my back and I swore he had to be an angel. So tender and beautiful creature can´t come from this world. “And I´m not Hyuk for you, you snotty imbecile,” he added confusing me once more about his identity.

We got dressed and in ten minutes we were ready to leave the house. Eunhyuk was once again wearing that cold expression and I thought that he must have strengthened his walls. The barrier that was making him seem so serious when inside was only a gentle and witty person. But I kept quiet and let Eunhyuk lead his life as he wanted. He brought me on the main road and called a taxi for which he also paid. I got suddenly scared that once the doors of the taxi close, it will be the end. But Eunhyuk had one more surprise up on his sleeve. Before he slammed the doors into my face, he pushed a little piece of paper into my hand. I grinned although my nose was bleeding thanks to the hit I received from the window. It was his number and I hurried to try it immediately.

From Donghae: That hurt.

From My Angel: Thank you, I tried my best. I snorted at his answer and replied back again.

From Donghae: I´m bleeding because of you, I´ll want compensation. I grinned and hoped this would push the angel to meet me again but I apparently didn´t know the man well enough yet.

From My Angel: You don´t understand. That hit was my compensation for the troubles you brought and my empty fridge. I should have hit you more. I frowned at his insensitiveness but a small smile still made its way on my lips. He was being fun and cute and all the more I didn´t want to let go.

From Donghae: Should I come back for another hit tomorrow? I bit my lip waiting for his answer. I´m not a masochist, don´t get me wrong but I have to do anything to meet him again. But there was no answer for the rest of the day and I was on the verge of tears when the evening came. Only before I closed my eyes to go to sleep, a message arrived.

From My Angel: There´s a promotion on tuna sandwiches tomorrow. Beg for some money, I´m not paying. How can somebody be this cute?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! So the teacher didn´t come to his lesson (thanks for making me walk in such a bad weather) and so I wrote another chapter. Hope you like it. And I complete forgot (sorry, it was my intention to tell you only now) where my inspiration came from. It´s one of my favourite songs for a long time already, Asian Kung-Fu Generation - After Dark. Thank you for reading! Have a nice day - Panda Hero