Protector EH

Chicken Wings

It was Saturday morning, one of those rare days I didn´t have to go to work, and I felt horribly bored. It´s always like that when I have a day off, that´s why I rather work instead. But that bastard Sungmin told Leeteuk that I wasn´t in the best shape and the boss decided to give me some rest this Saturday. But I´m perfectly fine! Maybe a little irritated by a certain poet but definitely healthy and perfectly capable of completing my duties.

I sighed and went to lie on the carpet in my living room. I chose a small place where the morning sun was shining through the window and warming up the carpet. I lied on my stomach and put my arms under my head to be more comfortable. I spread my wings and started moving them just for fun and for the nice feeling when the feathers got warmed up by the sunlight.

Speaking of Donghae, I´ll tell you something about that insensitive brat. After the fiasco at the tea house he wanted to make it up to me somehow, but having no more money after paying for the tea, he apologised and left in shame. I can´t believe I talked to him honestly and seriously when obviously the latter isn´t able to behave in situations like that. I tried to explain how I don´t feel like an angel and that my wings are purely a biological thing, not mystical. But using the chicken metaphor must have been a bit too much for his fish brain. Of course I´m not a chicken, you idiot!

Instinctively my wings snapped and caused my hair to go flying from the impact of the wind. It felt refreshing, though, since my face was already heated from the sun. But then shivers ran through my bare shoulders and I had to fold the wings over myself. Cocooned like that I felt once again safe and comfortable, a feeling I was slightly missing these days.

I don´t want to blame Donghae for that because he is really trying hard, but having him around always brings troubles and insecurities. Sigh, I´m bored! I never know what to do on my days off so I often end up sprawled either on the carpet or on the sofa too lazy and annoyed to do anything else. But everyone always thinks I have a great time because I return to the café all smiles. But they misunderstand, I´m always just too happy to be back at work, duh.

From Idiot: You aren´t at work today? Are you sick? I was looking at the message that just came surprised. I totally forgot Donghae had my number. Well, I´m bored so may as well answer, right?

From Eunhyuk: It´s my day off.

From Idiot: Great! I wanted to invite you to my friend´s vernissage. I need your help before that too...

I frowned reading the text but hell it sounded interesting. Way better than flapping my wings whole day. So although my brain was full of red lights and warnings, I agreed to meet up with Lee Donghae today. I jumped up and ran to the bedroom to prepare myself. I tied my wings to my body closely with a bandage and put a wife beater over it. On that I put a sweater and a coat; it might have been warm on the sunlight in my small flat but outside it´s pretty cold already. Not forgetting to bring some more cash with me to pay for Donghae´s share I skipped out of my house a little bit too excited.

When I arrived to the park Donghae was already waiting for me. He was nervously biting his lower lip and his hands were stuffed in his pockets, he looked very nervous. And even when he saw me the anxiousness didn´t go away.

“What´s wrong?” I asked him immediately.

“You have to help me out with something, Hyuk,” Donghae pleaded and I started wondering whether it was a good idea to come here. “The hyung who invited us to the vernissage gave me some money to buy some proper clothes but I´ve never been in such an event and I don´t know what to do!” I felt relieved that the huge problem is actually something as simple as clothing. I chuckled at the boy.

“There´s no need to buy a tuxedo,” I decided to make it easy for Donghae, “you just need to wear a semi-formal suit which doesn´t cost so much these days anymore.”

“Really? Then If there are some money left, let´s go eat lunch together too, neh?” The brunette suddenly exclaimed all happy and excited. What a child.

Nevertheless we started walking towards the shopping district. I really liked shopping but I had no occasions to wear my fancy clothes, which was a great pity since some of them cost a lot. The streets were crowded as usual and I started feeling slightly insecure when someone bumped into my back and the white feathers beneath all that clothing of mine squirmed uncomfortably. But then all of a sudden I felt Donghae come closer and put his arm behind my back and on my shoulder. It seemed as if he could tell, as if he was trying to shield me. It was embarrassing but I didn´t say anything.

“That´s the shop,” I gestured and finally we could escape the busy street. Not able to take Donghae´s arm around my shoulders anymore I quickly escaped between the racks of clothes and started picking some up. Fortunately Donghae´s friend was quite generous with money so I had a free hand. It didn´t take me too long to find a few outfits for the brunette, stuffing it to his arms I sent him to try it on.

“So?” I asked after a while. The rustling and whining from the other side of the cubicle door stopped and Donghae came out.

“How did you guess my size? I myself have no idea,” he exclaimed, “but I think it doesn´t look too bad,” he added. I only hummed judging the model because it was definitely nice but not perfect.

“Try the other one too,” I ordered and pushed the pouting boy back. Another fit of rustling and whining and Donghae was out once again.

“Now this is something else,” I nodded in approval, “if I didn´t know you, I would think you were a celebrity and not a jobless dope,” I smirked knowing very well it would prickle Donghae.

“Excuse me, I do have a job,” the younger man huffed but smiled quickly afterwards, “so I look good?”

“You do,” I admitted, “let´s pay and go eat something, I´m hungry.” I announced and closed the door of the cubicle hitting the boy face straight. Is it just me or has this already happened before?

“You didn´t have to hit so hard, you know,” Donghae complained when we came out on the street again. Naturally his arm went back around my shoulders while his other hand was busy carrying the bags with clothes.

“It was an accident,” I lied. Donghae didn´t believe me, as I could read from his accusing stare, but didn´t argue back. Instead he pulled me to a side and towards a restaurant probably sensing how uncomfortable the street was during Saturday. We entered the restaurant and sat near the window so we could look out.

“You said we were invited both for the event but I don´t know your friend,” I asked Donghae while waiting for my spaghetti. The thought was bugging me for a while now.

“I told him about you,” Donghae shrugged and suddenly I felt my feathers bristle. My companion quickly realised his mistake and started blabbering. “No, I mean yes, I told him about you but of course I kept that a secret. I wouldn´t tell anyone, I promised!” Donghae panicked and it looked kinda cute.

“You were talking about me with your friends?” I smiled; it was somehow nice to hear. I know it will sound stupid but the reason I always feel so bored during my days off is because I´m too reserved to call anyone to meet up with me. I feel like they all have better things to do than to hang out with me so I rather stay at home and sulk. But hearing Donghae, it sounds as if I was no bother for him but the opposite actually.

“Of course,” Donghae glanced at me strangely and I had to suddenly look away because his stare was a little bit too strong. “They wanted me to show them the person I fell in love with.” I see. Wait, what?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Here´s another chapter. Aigoo, it´s no fun, I have to think of something funnier. But at least you can see Eunhyuk´s feelings now. Isn´t he cute flapping those wings? Also see that difference, Hyuk saved Hae´s number as Idiot while Hae saved Hyuk´s as My Angel :D I heard we don´t stand much chance against EXO this year´s Daesang. I wanted to get the album for Christmas but m not sure whether it will still count if I order it so late. Better earlier then. Now only find somebody who will want to to gift it to me :P Thank you for reading and don´t catch a cold! - PandaHero