Coward DH

Chicken Wings

Warm sun was trying to defrost my cold fingers not really successfully but still welcomed. Surely Indian summer was here. I was sitting in my favourite park on a bench and watching long strings of spider webs captured on the tree branches. The red sunlight made them look like golden threads from a queen´s dress or something. Or an angel´s maybe? I smiled at the thought.

“Why are you smiling here alone like a ?” Someone´s voice interrupted the magical silence. It would annoy me if the said person didn´t make the place seem even more fantastic.

“So you could ask me?” I answered stupidly with a grin. Eunhyuk only rolled his eyes but didn´t leave yet. It would have been better if he left maybe because I was having hard time breathing in his presence.

Eunhyuk was standing above me and the golden rays were illuminating him from the side. His red hair was imitating the sunset and his pale white skin gained some colour. The angel´s eyes were lit up like two lighthouses in an abandoned land luring me into that deserted place. The wind was slightly picking on his smooth hair creating an illusion of a halo. I know I shouldn´t think this way but I simply couldn´t ignore such an obvious suggestion. He looked too angelic to be an ordinary human being.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Eunhyuk frowned and crossed his arms over his chest.

“So you could ask me,” I tried again but the smack on the back of my head was a clear signal to stop playing around if I didn´t want him to leave. Although at least I would be able to breathe then.

“I´m sorry,” I caressed the hurt place on my head, “I just thought you looked pretty standing here like that,” I told him honestly. And to my amusement Eunhyuk blushed. Looking away and hiding behind his pout he mumbled something about me being an idiot, which was to be honest just too cute.

“Anyway,” Hyuk couldn´t take the overheating of his own face anymore, “I´m going home,” he said through that lasting pout.

“Can I accompany you?” I asked daringly. But to my surprise the angel nodded his head. He didn´t wait for me, though, and started walking away. Of course I rushed like a lovestruck maniac to catch up to him.

We were strolling down the main street with the sun almost gone and replaced by the street lamps and the busy ave´s colourful lights of shops and street vendors. Eunhyuk was looking into the displays with a big interest probably forgetting about me already. But I didn´t mind since I could watch him freely then.

At one point he stopped to take a look at something in the shop window. But another man not expecting the red head to halt his movement bumped into Eunhyuk. The angel almost fell on the ground with the force, the window next to him as a saving rope.

“Hey, watch out!” The guy, slightly taller but definitely not more masculine than his victim, yelled angrily.

“Uh, I´m sorry,” Eunhyuk immediately apologised adding a small bow.

“You think it´s normal to stop abruptly like that? Can´t you see that the street is busy? Everyone´s in a hurry so have some decency if you have nothing better to do! Good for nothings like you are the problem of this nation and not the economy,” the man kept sprouting nonsense. He must have had a bad day and this small accident triggered the angry runt. But it wasn´t Hyuk´s fault either, so why was the latter apologising and bowing as if he committed a crime?

“Excuse me but I think you are being rude right now,” I interrupted gently. The angry man looked at me weirdly.

“Whatever,” he answered harshly and continued on his way leaving poor Eunhyuk at the shop display all confused and sad.

“Are you okay?” I asked him in concern and stood closer to him, shielding him, so he wouldn´t end up bumping into anyone anymore.

“Yeah, I´m fine,” he chuckled awkwardly and bit his lip. I felt like hugging him but I was still on the blacklist so I didn´t want to do something that would make him hate me even more.

“Wanna have a tea?” I gestured to a cute tea house on the corner. Eunhyuk glanced behind his shoulder to take a look but when he turned back; his lips were making that killer pout again.

“I´m not paying for you anymore, Lee Donghae!” He accused me right away.

“I do have money this time, I swear,” I laughed and put my arms up in defence. The red head scanned me judgingly to find out whether I was lying or telling the truth.

“Fine,” he sighed in the end and I let out a happy yes. Some people eyed me strangely but I didn´t care, I was happy to nowhere.

The tea house was pretty and fortunately wasn´t too expensive. We sat in a corner to have more discretion since Eunhyuk was still a little down from the incident earlier. I myself couldn´t understand how somebody could scream at such a nice person like Eunhyuk. The world must be rotten! Gosh, I sound so stupid.

“Do you like music a lot?” I asked him to break the ice. The reason he stopped on the street was to check a pair of headphones in the shop window. I would really like to know his hobbies or something more private about him.

“Mm,” Eunhyuk nodded while warming up his long fingers with the hot steam of his cup, “I liked to dance but it has gotten harder since my wings grew bigger,” he chuckled.

“Dance? That´s really cool! I was in the dance club at high school but they kicked me out because I was a little too ´freestyle´ according to them,” I admitted.

“That sounds like something you would do,” Hyuk laughed aloud, “you are like a bomb.”

“Hey, I´m not that bad, you know,” I defended causing Eunhyuk to chuckle again.

“I know but you are hard to handle honestly,” he snorted and sipped from his tea. I couldn´t even enjoy the view of him drinking the tea in such a cute way as lifting his pinkie because I was flabbergasted by his remark. Does he find me difficult? Is that why he´s always pushing me away and panics whenever I´m too close?

“Well, you can just tell me if I´m being too much. You don´t have to get scared, I wouldn´t do anything against your will if you told me not to,” I tried to explain. Eunhyuk bit his lip nervously and refused to look me in the eyes.

“I don´t think I could tell you, Donghae,” he spoke up carefully.

“What do you mean by that?” I was getting close to something big and didn´t want to drop the conversation yet.

“What I mean is that I´m a coward,” the red head sighed, “do you know why I have those wings, Donghae?” I shook my head and stopped breathing completely. I would finally find out! “I´m not an angel or something stupid like that. Those wings are animal wings, just like birds have. I´m not nice, Donghae, I´m just too cowardly to get angry or protest. If I am not a human than I must be a chicken.” Eunhyuk said completely seriously only at the end he left a sad chuckle. I didn´t know how to react so you can´t get mad at me for what I´ve said.

“I´m a bit hungry, how about we order a chicken sandwich?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Sorry for the wait, I had too much stuff to do this weekend. In this chapter you have Eunhyuk´s theory on what he is. Donghae must be confused, his angel turned out to be a chicken. :D I just watched all possible fancams from SS6 and I´m so proud. They are so perfect, the remixes of the music and superb choreos are exclusive material. Oh, how I wish to go to this year´s super show too! Thank you for reading and your funny comments! Have a nice day - PandaHero