Troublemaker DH

Chicken Wings

Last time I´ve seen something like this, it was in a film with Bruce Lee. Can somebody tell me just how many skills actually does Eunhyuk have? Manager, accountant, technician, barista, waiter, cook and now even Kung-Fu fighter. I´m honoured to know such an impressive person but still, it hurt! I might have said a few irritating things to him and I might have invited him for the dinner with no money in my pocket but that doesn´t mean he could pinch my cheek with metal chopsticks. If he stayed at that it would have been fine but he ate both portions we ordered. He ate my food and I had to starve through the whole night. What a cruel angel.

“Donghae, pick up your lazy and come help me!”

“I´m coming!” I called back into the busy kitchen and decided to stop sulking before I get punished some more by the angelic manager. I jogged towards the kitchen and once I entered the room, wet sponge was given to me. I raised my eyebrows and blinked at the skinny man with a very serious expression.

“What are you staring at? This is sponge, you ,” Eunhyuk pointed to the yellow object in my hand, “and that is what you use it for,” he gestured to a big stash of dirty plates and cups. At first I wanted to protest but the dark aura radiating from the red head made me think it over. Without anything more from my part I shuffled to the sink and started working. Slowly brushing a little pink cup I was thinking of my sad life.

“Faster, Donghae, or you are staying here for the rest of your pitiful life!” As if the red head could read my thoughts.

“Yes!” I called back obediently and started wiping the cup faster. I was so into it and somehow I felt like I´m getting better at this stuff. But maybe I could change my method. There should be a way how to do the dishes faster and easier. For example if I poured more of the detergent over here and put all the dishes under the stream-

“, Lee Donghae!” Eunhyuk yelled when the whole kitchen got filled with bubbles. Instinctively I hid myself in the foam under the table and hoped I wouldn´t be found before the red head calms down at least a little bit so he wouldn´t kill me. Angels shouldn´t kill because their wings would turn black! I´ve read enough fantasy books to know that by now.

“Are you an idiot or what?” Somebody whispered in a low voice dangerously close to my left ear. I jumped in surprise only to find Eunhyuk crouched next to me. His eyes were glowing and his face was distorted in anger. I was scared but the storm surprisingly never came.

“Donghae, there´s nothing easier than washing dishes,” Eunhyuk sighed and stood up giving me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up on my legs. “Look, I´m being patient with you. I gave you a job and paid for your food. I let you even stay at my place overnight before and never once called the police on you for stalking me. But there´s this limit, Donghae. You´re still a stranger for me and I have no reason to be this generous towards you, do you understand?” Eunhyuk told me and I almost started crying. But I couldn´t because he was right and I should have known that the line shouldn´t have been crossed. But I wanted to be close to him no matter what.

“Last one, please,” I mumbled and everybody in the room, busy with cleaning the mess, stopped their work.

“I couldn´t hear what you said,” Eunhyuk voiced everyone´s thoughts and leaned his side of the head closer so he would hear me better.

“Give me just one more chance,” I said more confidently, “I promise, it´ll be the last one.” I made the biggest puppy eyes possible and hoped it would work on the strict manager. Eunhyuk was taken aback by my wish and the room was still awfully quiet for a busy café.

“C´mon, Hyuk,” Sungmin cooed at the slim man and it worked. Eunhyuk sighed.

“Is there any easier job then?” The manager asked his employees. And soon they were all wrecking their brains for my sake. Hey, am I really that stupid it takes the whole staff to think something easy for me to do? Oh, my pride.

“How about the storage room?” Sungmin suddenly asked. “I don´t like you working around the freezer, Hyuk, and last time you almost broke your bones while lifting the bags of flour.”

“I´ll do it!” I immediately volunteered. But not because I was so desperate for the job. No, I couldn´t even hear about the angel doing such an exhausting work. This skinny man can´t even weight as much as the bag of flour. And it must be awful picking things from the cold freezer, he could catch a cold and he even can´t go to the hospital with those wings. The image of him sleeping on the chair in the café still vivid in my mind.

“Fine but if you mess up again, I don´t want to see your face for the rest of my life,” Eunhyuk gave up. “Now help to clean the kitchen, I have to go to the front.” Then he tiredly went to the counter where he put on his business smile again. I regretted being a nuisance but inwardly I was happy for getting another chance.

“What´s your intention, oppa?” The girl, Sulli I think, asked me as soon as the manager was gone. Sungmin had to leave the room in order to help with the orders and I stayed in the kitchen with two girls.

“What do you mean?” I asked not understanding her question.

“You see,” Kim Yoojin, the baker and cook spoke for the first time too. “Eunhyukkie is a really kind person but he tends to be like that towards everybody, not just you. He might act all tough and grumpy on the outside but he´s like a walking cotton candy.” She told me something I myself had already figured out. It only reminded me that I´m not special for the red head.

“So don´t overuse his kindness, oppa,” Sulli frowned at me. “Oppa always says he won´t be nice next time but he always is in the end. I don´t know why you want to work here so much but please remember that we are watching you, neh?” Sully smiled and returned to cleaning the place. Has this girl always been so scary?

I also resumed in my work but my mind was too preoccupied by thoughts about Eunhyuk. The girls tried to warn me not to hurt the angel but that´s the complete opposite of what I want. I want to make his life easier and to make him feel more comfortable. He can´t pull out those wings to protect himself so I thought that I might be the one to help him. But now I´m not sure whether he needs any help or if I´m only bringing him troubles in the end.

Giving up on my thoughts I focused on doing better in my new job. Just like Sungmin said, lifting the stuff in the storage room was quite tiring. I had some muscles but still sweated a little. After the peak hour when the shop quieted down greatly I finally had a chance to take a break. I noticed that Joojin and Sulli went home some time ago and there was now elder woman in the kitchen and a kid named Minho in front as a waiter. Only Eunhyuk was here all the time. Speaking of him, where did he go? He must be in his office.

Being curious animal as ever and wanting to know everything about my little angel, I went to look for him. Since I couldn´t find him anywhere I assumed he would be in his office. Getting closer to the wooden door I put my ear and tried to overhear him working or listen to music. Anything that would give me a picture about what kind of person he really is. But it was silent only some strange howling sound once echoed in the room but I couldn´t really identify it. Having nothing better to do I knocked on the door. There was no answer even after the second try so I bluntly just opened them.

The room was cosy and very small with only one wooden desk covered in paperwork and two old brown leather chairs. There was also a small black metal safe and a book shelf filled mostly with binders and folders. The space of the other half of the room was taking a huge cage. I thought there would be living some huge reptile or something but the only inhabitant was a cute little owl. I went closer to pat him when I noticed somebody lying on the ground.

There was a pillow next to the cage and on that red pillow was even redder mob of hair. Eunhyuk was sleeping peacefully looking even more angelic than usual. His arms were instinctively wrapped around his body in place of his tied wings. And at that moment I realised that I´m not actually curious. I´m probably lovestruck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Here´s another chapter! I think you will like it since Donghae is pretty enthusiastic again. :) SJ are on short vacantion but it seems like it´s raining on Jeju too. But they truly deserve it after their huge success with their new album, comeback and100th super show. Also congrats to Sungmin (I already said this but I think choosing a musical actress might work very well. idol couples break up quickly and for non-idol it´s hard to understand each other, musical actress is something in between so I´m totally supporting this!). I hope it´s not so awfuly cold in your country right now as it´s here. Be careful of not catching a cold or something worse. Thank you for reading and your support! - PandaHero