Crybaby EH

Chicken Wings

“I´m saying you are underestimating me,” Donghae argued.

We were sitting in a bus on our way to the city centre. There we were supposed to attend a vernissage of Donghae´s friend but I wasn´t sure if I would be able to make it until then. The thing is, I´m actually stuck with the brunette since the morning and I´m slowly reaching my limit. Donghae started our day by shamelessly flirting with me in a shop, he confessed his love to me during the lunch and made a poem for me in the afternoon. How is all that possible?!

“I think you are really good but you don´t know how to sell your skills,” I sighed.

You may want to know why we are arguing for the past thirty minutes when I just told you that Donghae is all head over heels for me. The truth is I didn´t really know how to respond to his confessions and sweet talking so I told him that he´s a for not being able to make use of his own skills. I didn´t mean it in a bad way and hoped it would sound cute but somehow I offended Donghae instead. Now I didn´t know how to get out of this situation and knowing I would have to accompany him for the whole evening too, I was thinking about running away.

“This is not about selling, Hyuk,” Donghae huffed stubbornly, “I just made you a poem and you say things like that to me. Couldn´t you stay quiet instead?”

The bus neared our stop at the moment and I hurried to climb out of my seat. Donghae followed still pouting and frowning. If I knew he would react like this I wouldn´t indeed say a word back. We were walking towards the gallery slowly and Donghae continued grumbling something under his breath which was irritating me. I stopped abruptly.

“I want to go home,” I announced.

“What? Now? But we are almost there,” Donghae panicked and pulled onto my sleeve to push me under a street lamp. It was already dark outside and I guess he wanted to see into my face. But I was looking down on my white shoes not giving the latter a chance to read my expression.

“Is something wrong, Hyuk? Did I say something wrong? Or are you not feeling well?” Donghae bombarded me with questions one more stupid than the other. But I understood that he was concerned so I made an effort to answer him.

“I don´t want to go, there will be so many people and you are mad at me too. I want to go home,” I mumbled quietly and hoped this would be enough. I didn´t want to explain anymore because I felt embarrassed for being such a loser.

“You are afraid?” Donghae asked and I nodded. C´mon, how can somebody like me feel good in this situation. Yes, I was very interested in the exhibition and I wanted to attend the event too. But the thought of meeting Donghae´s friends and having to avoid strangers that could bump into my crumped wings was giving me a headache. And I didn´t know how to deal with the poet himself. I felt bad for offending him but he could try to understand me. I didn´t want the atmosphere between us be so heavy, I wanted us to be more friendly. Why is communication so hard anyway?

“I´m sorry, okay?” Donghae smiled and put his hands on my shoulders. I flinched but he didn´t let go. “I admit I went overboard, you didn´t say anything wrong and I´m also not mad at you,” he told me and I nodded feeling like a kid. “So relax and let´s go together,  hyung really wanted to meet you.”

“But you can´t lose me in the crowd,” I gave up and decided to go afterall. Why do I always submit to this dumb poet?

“Don´t worry, I´ll be right next to you,” Donghae assured me and I gave him a small smile. I hope the exhibition will be worth all the troubles.

After my little mental breakdown subsided we continued striding towards the gallery. The modernistic white building was shining bright in the reflectors and people were already gathering around the entrance. Passing through the smokers we joined the crowds going inside. The vernissage was on the second floor and once we climbed on the said floor I immediately recognised the artist. I´ve seen the advertisement many times so I knew about this man a little bit. Was he really Donghae´s friend?

“Your friend is Kim Heechul?” I couldn´t help but ask amazed.

“Yeah, we´ve known each other since the university days,” Donghae explained and I shook my head in amusement. This fellow has some nice contacts, heh.

We put away our coats and finally entered the exhibition. Kim Heechul managed to fill two whole rooms with his art, which was simply amazing. Not many artists are given so much space. Donghae put his arm on my back just like in the morning when we went shopping. I was grateful because I could now focus on the pictures and not at the people around. I felt quite safe with the brunette next to me, how strange.

“Here you are!” Somebody suddenly exclaimed. I turned around not feeling Donghae´s arm around me anymore only to find it squeezed between his and someone else´s body.

“Hyung,” Donghae laughed and tried to return the hug awkwardly. The man hugging my friend was slim and handsome. His face was to be envied by both genders and his smooth black hair was elegantly styled backwards. Contrasting to his stylish hairstyle, his clothes were colourful and completely mismatched. But artists are extravagant so I guess it doesn´t matter. This Kim Heechul looks like an interesting guy.

“Oh! This must be your little Angel!” Heechul then exclaimed noticing my presence. I got startled when he started making his way towards me but luckily Donghae had enough sense to stop him before he could squeeze me to death too.

“Hyung!” The poet hurried to return to my side. “Eunhyuk didn´t come here to die in your embrace!”

“And I didn´t come here to steal him from you but I admit he´s a fine material,” Heechul checked me out. Is he kidding me?! I blushed to match the colour of my blazer.

“Um, nice to meet you,” I decided to speak up to not look rude. I even gave him my hand and Heechul shook it with a small smile on his lips.

“Allright, look around kids and have fun. I need to welcome other guests too,” the raven haired artist said and giving us a wink he disappeared into the crowd. When he was gone, Donghae turned his attention to me again.

“Hyung is a little weird but he´s not a bad person,” he told me and carefully ushered me with his arm once again on my back to continue walking around the exhibition.

“He looks like a nice guy but he gave me a shock over there, I thought he would break you with that hug,” I chuckled.

“He´s not as strong as he´s affectionate,” Donghae laughed too. “Oh, here it is!” He then called suddenly and I focused on the picture we were standing in front of.

The background of the picture was painted in yellow, light blue and white. From the top of the picture to the bottom were painted small red fluffy feathers falling down. It looked amazing but I wondered why Donghae wanted to show me this painting. That was until I noticed the explanation written beneath the picture.

Inspired by my friend Lee Donghae who fell in love with an angel. I´ve never seen this person he so eagerly calls by divine names but thanks to this poem he made, I was able to put his feelings into my painting.

It’s time to break your prolonged silence and cry out toward freedom
So that you can live the way you are, spread your wings
Realize your existence. You’re alive, dazzlingly
You fly high. Up in the sky.


Donghae started our day by shamelessly flirting with me in a shop, he confessed his love to me during the lunch and made a poem for me in the afternoon. In the evening he made me cry. He made me cry so bad but I wasn´t feeling sad. Only a little embarrassed because everyone in the gallery has seen snot hanging from my red nose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Fast update while waiting for my delayed train. I know this story is not as funny as the previous ones but I guess I´m in the autumn mood right now, hehe. I hope you don´t mind. The lyrics this time are from "Papillon". :) DOn´t forget to carry n umbrella with you and thank you for your nice comments! - PandaHero