Spectator EH

Chicken Wings

I haven´t been to movies for a long time. Last time it must have been while still at the university I guess. I tried to go a few times alone but although it has its charm to watch the movie on a big screen, I had to give up soon because of the fact that nobody else was there alone.

“What genres do you like, Eunhyukkie?” Donghae asked me while following me behind the counter. I tried to ignore him but he was way too persistent this time.

“Action,” I sighed and started wiping the coffee machine that got dirty and nobody else apparently cared.

“I see,” Donghae thought for a bit, “there will surely be a movie like that.” I rolled my eyes and abandoned the wiping cloth together with Donghae at the bar. I myself returned to the office to continue with the paperwork. The café became quieter in the evening and I was sure that Minho would be able to handle the rest. I started typing on my laptop an email to our supplier only to halt my work in a second.

“What are you doing here, Donghae.” It wasn´t even a question anymore. We both knew that the poet just came to annoy me.

“Aren´t they viewing The Avengers nowadays?” The brunette asked me comfortably seated on the leather chair.

“I have no idea, Donghae,” I told him and resumed in my work. It´s not like he´s saying anything important. I can simply do my job with him around too.

“Can´t you look it up? Your laptop is ,” Donghae demanded and I looked up at him frowning.

“I´m working right now,” I hissed and the latter looked quite surprised. Didn´t he notice I was working?!

“True,” he pouted but immediately smiled brightly again. “I´ll go buy the tickets then and come pick you up around six!” He stood up and I stifled a chuckle.  “Don´t you dare run away, get it?!” He warned me and then flew out of the office bouncing like Flubber. What a dork, I had to laugh.

Around six as always I was closing the shop after turning on the security system. It was dark and cold already and I had to tighten the scarf around my neck so the prying wind would stay away from me. I wasn´t ready to catch another cold yet. I bit my lip and looked around in anticipation. I might have acted all bored and annoyed in front of the younger but in reality I was unhealthily excited for the movie tonight. And I´ve really wanted to see The Avengers too.

It was fifteen minutes later when Lee Donghae finally arrived. He must have been running all the way here because he was unable to catch his breath for about another minute. When he did he chuckled and apologised for making me wait. I didn´t blame him and I wasn´t even angry. That´s how much I was excited for the night. We took a bus and rode to the city centre where the biggest shopping mall was located. We entered the glass building and went straight to the cinema lobby. The movie was about to start and I offered to buy some snacks. Donghae paid for the billets so it was fair for me to pay for the snacks and also my stomach would probably start grumbling in the most tensing moment and I wasn´t prepared to be humiliated in the cinema.

“Twenty-six and twenty-seven, these are our seats,” Donghae navigated us through the auditorium. We sat down and I relaxed when I noticed that Donghae didn´t have that stupid idea to buy love seats but rather regular seats properly separated. Honestly I was starting to feel a little bit uneasy when everything was going as planned. But hey, it´s just the cinema. What can you mess up in here?

“It´s starting!” Donghae whispered and I focused on the big screen in front of us. I bit my lip to hold back the huge smile that was about to creep up my face. I´m a grown up man, I shouldn´t feel this happy about something as simple as watching movies.

But this urge didn´t last for too long. Soon I had to keep biting my lip only to not start swearing aloud. On the screen in front of me weren´t brave superheroes but something much harmless. A significant orange fish was swimming in front of my eyes and at that moment it all started making sense. That´s why there was so many parents with children sitting around us. And I wondered if it was okay for them to watch a rated movie like that.

“Donghae?” I said in a low warning voice. I would pull the poet out of his seat and smash him against the projector but I was still a thoughtful person. I didn´t want to ruin the fun for all those pretty kids.

“Y-Yeah?” Donghae tried to answer nonchalantly but his voice wavered.

“Why did you buy tickets for a ing animation?” I hissed trying really bad to keep my voice quiet.

“I´m so sorry, Eunhyukkie,” Donghae was in a poor poet pleading mode. “But The Avengers were already completely booked and I didn´t know what else you might like so I maybe panicked a little,” Donghae kept rumbling quietly and it started becoming harder for me to decipher his accented speech, I mean blabber. “And then I got this cute idea that maybe this movie would be nicer than watching a horror maybe. I´m sorry, really.” He finished and I was almost afraid he would start crying there. C´mon, it´s not the scene with hurt Dory yet! You can cry all you want then.

“But don´t get mad at me if I fall asleep later,” I sighed and turned back to the screen. I couldn´t really walk away, could I?

Maybe Donghae´s right and a movie like this will be fun. I tried to set up my mind to fit the lighter genre and relax for a bit. I was drinking with Leeteuk until late at night yesterday so I was becoming slightly tired too. Might as well take a nap. It will be a win win situation for the both of us. For a while I was trying to suppress the sleepiness and listened to Donghae´s voice. The latter was very much amused by the movie and kept laughing the whole time. It was cute but still I couldn´t hold it anymore and in the end fell asleep in the dark theatre.

It felt so comfortable and warm, I was unable to wake up but when I did, it was surprisingly because of a leaf that fell on my ear. A leaf? How is it possible for leaves to fall down in a cinema? We weren´t even watching some 3D or 4D crap and even if we were, there are no leaves in the sea! I made some effort to wake my tired mind to try at least comprehend the current situation. I stirred and overheard Donghae´s voice, for some reason quite close to my ear.

“You awake, Hyuk?” He asked me and I only moaned tiredly.

But then I finally understood, we were already outside! Donghae was walking through the night streets with me sleeping comfortably on his back. How I got there without waking up is still a mystery to me but Donghae probably didn´t want to wake me up or wasn´t able to, so he decided to carry me instead.

“I´m sorry, I fell asleep,” I apologised for my rude behaviour. Donghae only chuckled, his Adam´s apple vibrating against my temple.

“As if I could get angry at you, Hyukkie,” he said, “you must have been tired and the movie wasn´t really your cup of tea.” He sighed sadly.

“No, it was nice!” I said a bit too hastily and blushed. Donghae smiled widely: “I´m glad.”

I was still pretty groggy and Donghae in no way looked tired so I decided to continue playing a backpack. The arms that were previously hanging down I connected around Donghae´s neck and tightened the grip of my legs around his waist. I started feeling a little cold so I shook off the leaves that fell on my ear and hair and snuggled closer to the hem of the brunette´s collar. Donghae hummed and as I was drifting off again, he made a warm feeling spread through my body with a few simple sentences.

“The temperature of the wind that brushes my ear has changed
I am standing on the line of changing seasons
Taking a walk, stepping on the street of the streets”

Quietly he then added another one which I almost didn´t catch before falling asleep:

“Our memories solidify like fossils as it continues to torture me today”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! The lyrics this time are from ´Mid-Season´ (Mamacita album). Here´s an explanation of the last sentence (connecting to the story of course): Donghae wanted to say that he had a good time and made new memories with his beloved Eunhuyk. But just like Leeteuk reminded him today, it´s a one-sided lova and Donghae realises that it hurts afterall. :) Thank you for reading! And here´s a link for those, who want to support Sungmin. I´m posting this because the project is simple and doesn´t require logging to websites or doing anything special. So here you can read it :http://cinnappo.tumblr.com/post/100070162179 . Anyway thank you for your support and comments that are always appreciated. Be happy, guys! -PandaHero