Climber DH

Chicken Wings

“What do you mean by ´forgot the way´?! Are you a complete idiot or what?! Who was it telling me all the way in the train and up the mountain, that he knows this place like the back of the hand? You will be the end of me one day, I swear!”

Eunhyuk was unable to stop the endless runt and I suddenly didn´t have any excuse to present to him. It would be futile anyway. Not any possible excuse could get us out of this situation. I´ll be honest with you, I just got us lost in the middle of the mountains. It was already late afternoon too and that was only a promise of something even worse following.

“Okay, I´ll take care of everything. Calm down, please,” I tried to sooth down the flames seeping from the thin man in front of me.

“Are you kidding me?! What do you mean by taking care of everything?! Donghae, seriously-“

“I get it! I´m sorry, I caused this but it´s useless to scream at me right now. Let´s get out of this situation first and you can curse me all you want later. How does that sound?” I lost my patience and didn´t think of any other way to calm the red head down. But when I saw the angry man suddenly flinch, I could tell it wasn´t the smartest idea to yell back at him.

“Fine, do something then,” Eunhyuk said in offence all of a sudden. He crossed his arms on his chest and looked away from me. Great.

“Let´s walk a bit further on that small hill. From there we will surely be able to spot the track again,” I proposed quietly and Hyuk only shrugged. I guess if I start walking, the latter will follow.

And true Eunhyuk was making sure not to lose me, skipping after me all the time. We started walking towards the flat hill and climbed up to take a look down. But to our disappointment and fear nothing could be seen from that spot. I only realised that I feel more lost than before. I couldn´t even guess the direction anymore. Hell I didn´t know from where we just came! This was the worst possibility that could occur to me. I felt like crying and wasn´t able to turn around to see Eunhyuk´s face. He must hate me so much right now. That´s why I was so surprised when the red head spoke up after such a long time.

“The sun is setting over there so that must me the West side of the mountain. We came from the Eastern part so we need to climb up again and go down from there. But I´m not sure if we can make it before the sun sets. I´m quite tired to tell the truth.” Eunhyuk reasoned smartly and I wanted to hug him so much at that moment. First for his smart idea, and second because he looked so exhausted already.

“I´ll carry you if I have to,” I told him determined. “I´ll do anything to have you back down safe and sound!”  I knew I was saying something I couldn´t really promise. Who I was to protect the man from the darkness? And although Eunhyuk knew it too, he still smiled at me gently and nodded his head. He knowingly submitted into pretending he trusted me. It was artificial peace but definitely much better than arguing or ignoring each other. We had a problem and it wouldn´t get solved without an effort from both of us.

As Eunhyuk cleverly found out, we started back up on the mountain. It wasn´t very tall or steep hill but being up on our legs, or wings, since the morning, the tiredness was slowly making clear its presence in our bodies. The moment we finally reached the summit, it was almost dark. But still we were able to decipher the right direction from the small lights shining through the thick forest. Indeed we had to walk down and we were even able to find the previously lost track. Hand in hand, to ensure our safety, we began climbing the mountain with the touristic track beneath our shoes. Unfortunately it has gotten too dark when we entered the forest that we had to continue very slowly as to not lose the footing and injure ourselves even more.

“Donghae,” Eunhyuk´s voice, a bit too weak sounding for my liking, echoed through the darkness. “We can´t continue like this. It´s too dark, I can´t almost see you and I´ve slipped so many times already. It´s too dangerous to continue.” He was right but I promised to bring him back home safely. How is crouching down in the middle of the dark forest safe and sound?!

“But we don´t have any other choice,” I told him back dejectedly.

“Let´s just catch a few winks here under the trees or something and continue when the sun rises up again,” he begged me, “I can´t anymore,” the angel whined and that was the last I could take. It was breaking my heart seriously.

“Okay,” I sighed, “follow me.” I tugged on his hand and made a few steps away from the road only to sit down on the cushiony conifer needles. I sat down and forced Eunhyuk to sit on my lap. “I´m to letting you sit on the cold ground. I don´t go to work, I can be sick all I want.” The red head had nothing to say on my childish argument. Honestly it sounded too stupid to even retaliate anything.

I knew the position wasn´t exactly comfortable but better than nothing. Without permission I hugged Eunhyuk and pulled him closer to me to keep us warm. The red head didn´t protest, probably too exhausted already, and put his head on my shoulder. At first I wanted to keep the watch, we were in the forest afterall, but in the end I fell asleep too.

Some minutes later, it could have been hours too, I was woken up by a noise. It sounded like falling leaves or maybe even rain. I opened my eyes abruptly in a panic. What do we do if it starts raining? We´ll get wet and fall sick, we have no umbrella or raincoat over here. It was supposed to be sunny today and when the rain comes we should have been already in the city.

“Don´t move,” Eunhyuk whispered gaining my attention. Only then I realised what the strange rustling was. It was really raining or maybe it was just dew already but we were safely hidden from the cold weather under an impenetrable shield.

“Hyuk,” I let out a small whine but was shushed by the latter.

The angel stripped from his jacket and sweater only to lay the covers over his arms chest and stomach. The white bandage was also on the pile of clothes and the reason I felt so great and so bad at the same time was because his wings were out. The white feathers rounded our bodies to protect us from the cold and water. The feeling was amazing, cocooned like that I could stay for the rest of my life. But I knew it wasn´t for free and the incredible man leaning against me would pay the price. As he always does.

When we woke up a few hours later, the sun was already rising. I bandaged Eunhyuk´s back and dressed him into all his and most of my clothes too. I also pulled the lithe angel on my back and although he protested, I climbed the rest of the way down carrying him. Down I bought us both a cup of hot tea and a small breakfast before we sat on the first train towards home. Seated in the coupé, that was empty except for us, I glanced at Eunhyuk.

“I´m sorry,” I told him honestly. I can´t believe such nice trip turned out so horribly. The red head was looking out of the window and sipping from his hot tea. He was ignoring me and kept watching the coloured trees outside. The calmness and silence of the angel was scaring me and I couldn´t open my mouth anymore. I guess this is the end for the two of us. All of a sudden the chocolate almond eyes looked straight into mine.

“I´ve never seen sunset or sunrise in the mountains, I should have taken a photo so I could hang it in the café.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I´m sorry the story is so boring but it would be too cliché, if they broke a leg or something. The next chapter should be funnier. :) I´m lookig forward to the repackage comeback. It´s a pity there aren´t many show with SJ this time. ANd Oh God, Sungmin´s getting married?! I´m so happy hearing those news! I´ll have to make his character a married man from now on. Have a nice day (or night). Thank you for reading and comments! - PandaHero