Executor EH

Chicken Wings

When I woke up in the morning, immediately I realised that something was to say the least different. My whole body hurt like hell but I could tell that Donghae made an effort to make me as comfortable as possible. The apartment wasn´t being heated anymore but I had so many layers of clothing on me that I wondered whether I will be even able to get up. To add to it all each layer had two holes at the back allowing my wings to move freely. I rolled my eyes imagining the ruined shirts.

Sitting on the bed groaning from pain and I rubbed my eyes. I looked around only to find the room empty. It made me slightly sad because I expected an apology or an explanation of Donghae´s behaviour yesterday. I wasn´t in a very good shape after all and I haven´t eaten since yesterday noon. I was hungry and annoyed all ready to bark at the brunette as soon as he shows his face.

I admit it was a huge mistake from my part too. I´ve had the honour to meet the drunken younger before but I was still way too naïve to learn from that. Yesterday when I heard Donghae´s cracked voice in the phone I panicked. I hastily called a part-timer; her name is Amber and she´s a student, to fill for my absence. She was luckily free and promised to come. I didn´t wait for her, though, and putting on my coat I ran out of the restaurant. I even forgot to put down my uniform and the black apron stayed tied around my hips. I arrived to the park after a while and found there Donghae all limp and depressed. I didn´t know exactly where he lived only that it´s near the park. Luckily the brunette decided to cooperate after a while.

When we arrived to Donghae´s flat I hurried to his kitchen to prepare something against his hangover. I needed him sober so I could ask him why he got drunk in the first place. But I couldn´t give him anything else but cold water. There was nothing working in his house. Cold sweat ran through my body and I almost started crying. How can he live in here?! I told him to come to my place and that´s when everything went out of control.

Donghae didn´t want to go with me as to not hurt me but I was still very scared to actually understand fully his words. I remembered how he wanted to leave me alone and disappear from the city and then I imagined him sitting in this empty and cold house and started feeling uneasy. It was dangerous and not healthy I acted on impulse. It was a choice between bad and worse. Whether allow the brunette to suffer alone or whether I wanted to suffer for his sake. In the end I chose the latter. And to my shock Donghae didn´t wait even five minutes before he crossed the line more than he has ever done. He stepped into me and I didn´t even fight back.

That´s why it´s partially my fault too that we are in this awkward situation with me as the victim and Donghae as the brute. But I would lie if I said that I didn´t feel anything towards the man. I would have never imagined that I could see another male the way I see Donghae. I´ve never had time nor desire to really go and try to find a lover. I don´t think I´m gay but after all that had happened I have to at least admit that I might be a biual. I did let Donghae touch me and I can´t say I didn´t enjoy myself. But that doesn´t mean the poet is off the hook. He used my vulnerability and good nature to push his feelings on me. I was prepared to forgive him but first I had to scold him and make him speak to me honestly. I know he´s hiding something from me.

The buzzing of my phone woke me up from my thoughts and I with lots of hardships reclined from the bed. I tried to find the device in the pile of clothes grimacing at the sole thought that I didn´t fold them properly and now they are all wrinkled. I fished out my phone finding Leeteuk hyung is the caller.

“Hyung?” I croaked into the phone and quickly cleared my throat as to not sound like a teenager.

“Hey, Hyukkie! I´m sorry for calling so early,” Leeteuk´s happy voice made me naturally smile too, “you still have some time to sleep afterwards but I got the news now and wanted to tell you immediately.”

“Then hurry! I´m waiting!” I laughed.

“You made it! Today is the day your book makes it to the stores. All our work is finally finished, Hyuk,” Leeteuk started singing celebration songs while I kept thanking him.

I couldn´t hide my smile. I worked so hard for this huge project. I got the idea pretty quickly. Donghae managed to make about twenty poems for me since we´ve met. I would find them written on wipes or with a pencil on the cup. Sometimes he would stuck small papers at my uniform or push them into my pocket. I felt embarrassed whenever someone else was faster to find them than me and mock me for it. Usually it being Sungmin or Minho but some regular customers would join the fun from time to time. But I saved all those little poems and decided to make a book out of them. At first I wanted to use my own money when Leeteuk came with an idea to make it my café´s project. We collected money, put the poems together and published it under Donghae´s name. And today the book finally made it to the bookstores.

“I have to finish, hyung,” I jumped out of the bed wincing, “gonna tell it to Donghae!”

Ending the call I threw the phone on the bed. I felt suddenly so happy again. I didn´t care what happened between me and Donghae last night anymore. I felt so incredibly excited and I wanted to take him to the bookstore. I wanted to buy the book for him and show him my hard work. The time I spent by collecting and rewriting his poems. The way they should be divided and the order. What pictures and font should be used and the stories between them as well as my own notes. I felt so proud of myself for it all and I couldn´t wait to tell the brunette.

I opened the door to the bedroom but I stopped at the doorway immediately. The smile long gone, the feeling of sheer happiness substituted for the one of the utmost fear. Donghae was indeed in the room but he wasn´t there alone. I was smarter than to enter the room so instead I stayed slightly hidden behind the door and folded my wings out of the sight.

“It´s been far too long, Lee Donghae,” one man in black clothes and with mask over his mouth spoke up. “Where´s the money? Shall we search the house?” He hissed with a voice that screamed violent.

He wasn´t the only foreign man in the room too. There was another one slightly bulkier who also wore mask over his mouth and to me looked even more dangerous. But the visage of the two men was nothing compared to the activity they were both doing. I didn´t need to be a genius to guess who they were. The executors finally came to collect Donghae´s money.

“I-I don´t have it right now, you d-don´t need to search the place,” Donghae stuttered unconsciously looking into my direction. Our eyes met for a second and I could almost feel Donghae´s heart stop. The fear in his eyes was more than real and I was perfectly sure that it was because of me. Donghae didn´t want me to get involved and I would t have the guts to do so either if I had anything to say to that. But the rules of this game were different and I found myself in the worst situation I´ve ever experienced.

“Liar!” The husky voice beamed which was apparently some kind of signal to the bulkier man who strode towards Donghae.

He caught the brunette´s shirt with one hand and with the other he opened the window wide. Then he bent Donghae backwards so half of his body was hanging from the seventh floor. Both men kept yelling at him to tell them where the money was but it was useless. Donghae had no money yet! Suddenly my blood froze. Donghae´s shirt started tearing in the bully´s hand and before he could react, the boy was out of his clasp.

“Donghae!” I yelled from the doorway just the moment the younger´s shirt tore completely.

I stopped thinking, maybe I even stopped breathing too when I saw the executor uselessly wave his arms in effort to catch the unfortunate victim. He wasn´t here to kill after all. Everything was in slow motion all of a sudden and I found myself running in this slow world. I ran between the men in black jumping on the window pane. I looked under my feet only to see Donghae nearing the fifth floor already. I didn´t even hesitate to jump after him completely relying on my wings. I didn´t open them yet, though. My first goal was to have Donghae in my arms before I spread them. I didn´t care if anyone has seen me, it wasn´t even on the back of my mind.

I put my arms in front of me trying to catch the little poet. He was already so close to the ground I had no choice but to flap my wings to forward me to him. And somewhere around the second floor I finally caught him with my arms. I started flailing my wings as strongly as I could, my forehead sweating, my lungs burning. But I couldn´t, it was too short a distance to make it perfectly. I slowed the fall by a great amount but I didn´t manage to land safely.

We fell on the ground Donghae first and me on him. I was breathing hard and my heart was beating like crazy. I thought I went deaf when I heard Donghae mutter painfully words that made me cry.

“You are an angel, Eunhyuk.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Double update!  :D And hey, I warned you that more action was coming, haha. Donghae didn´t hurt Hyuk as he thought. Eunhyuk doesn´t think of himself as an angel so he didn ´t really take it as sin from Donghae. But well, it doesn´t matter now that they have now different things on their minds. Thank you for reading and the next chapter might be the end - PandaHero