Aeronaut DH

Chicken Wings

Two weeks have passed since I brought Eunhyuk to the gallery. At first I panicked because I made the angel cry at one point but in the end I learnt that he was simply being emotional.  Eunhyuk wasn´t used to be the centre of attention not just of a crowd but a simple person too. And unfortunately for him, to me he became the most important particle of my current live. I admit I went a little overboard, which must have been awfully difficult for somebody as asocial as Eunhyuk. Luckily he managed to not run away and even agreed to continue being friends with me. I too decided to make a concession and stopped my advances on the latter. I wouldn´t want him to feel uncomfortable with me and this strategy I deemed might work.

“Sulli!” Eunhyuk´s voice made me look up from the table towards the cash desk. The red haired man was standing next to the tall girl with his brows furrowed. “If you do it like that, you´ll break the machine again,” he scolded. Sulli was actually intimidated by the thin man but I couldn´t really see why. He´s her boss but the small statue and omnipresent gentleness of the man don´t really call for authority. On the other hand Eunhyuk is someone with endless pack of talents and skills so it´s not hard to start admiring him professionally. That is if you don´t admire him for his character or looks already. Like me, duh.

“Aren´t you being too hard on her?” I smiled at the red head that came to bring me my hot black tea.

“You try to repair the machine next time then,” Eunhyuk scoffed and put the cup in front of me on the table. I couldn´t help but glance at his long white fingers balancing the hot cup on the small saucer. Although in his voice was heard apparent menace, his hands were completely void the emotion. It was somehow holding my attention.

You may want to laugh at me for noticing something so irrelevant but I believe this little action is a mirror of the typical behaviour of the angel. His eyes were glaring at me as if saying not to meddle into his job but opposite to that his body was acting completely professional. For a moment I wondered whether there weren´t two entities in Eunhyuk. One that would make him work like a machine without any emotions and perfectly according to some kind of order or law. The other would sometimes seep through and tint his cheeks in pink or add a spark to his eyes. Little hints that the boy´s walls weren´t impenetrable afterall.

“Oh,” I remembered something. Eunhyuk who was about to leave stopped to listen. “I talked to Heechul hyung earlier today and he told me that the picture with red feathers is already sold and for the highest price too!” I smirked seeing Eunhyuk blush a little. He must be still embarrassed for his unlooked for outburst in front of this exact painting.

“That´s great,” he muttered and cleared his throat. “I´m sure it was sold thanks to your poem,” he added with a smile. I knew immediately what was on his mind. The issue we fought about two weeks ago. Eunhyuk has this strange idea of me becoming successful if I tried. He´s right but I wouldn´t admit it. Especially because Heechul hyung keep saying the same thing.

“Speaking about that poem,” I decided to change the topic, “there was something I wanted to ask you.” Eunhyuk´s eyebrows rose in question and from his eyes I could read that he didn´t really want to hear from me. But this idea was bugging me for a long time already and it was about time to get my answer. “Can you fly?”

“Uh, what?” The red head was stunned by my sudden question. But hey, who wouldn´t be curious if those wings could be used.

“I was wondering if-,“ I tried to explain.

“I know what you meant! How can you ask me something like this and in the café too,” he scolded me in whispers, which was honestly only making his runt sound cute. His head snapped to look around for somebody who might have heard our short conversation.

“Nobody is listening and if they were they wouldn´t immediately think of the possibility that their favourite waiter has a pair of wings,” I rolled my eyes earning another spiteful glare from the latter. “So can you?” I added now morbidly curious. Eunhyuk only exhaled through his nostrils angrily and glanced sideways.

“I don´t know,” he then mumbled crossing his arms on his chest.

“What? C´mon tell me,” I frowned. How can he not know, liar.

“I´m telling the truth,” Eunhyuk defended, “when I was a kid I used to fly a lot but since I´ve gotten older and my wings bigger, I haven´t really tried. I guess I wasn´t interested,” he shrugged, “it´s not like I can fly to work or something.” I was looking at him flabbergasted. He haven´t tried?!

“Are you kidding me? Let´s try it then! On Saturday I´m bringing you out so take a day off for me, will you?” I told him in a way I knew he had no option to decline. This could be so much fun!

“I don´t know, Donghae,” Eunhyuk of course hesitated. But although he looked like he really didn´t want to go, when I put on the most pitiful face and started begging, he agreed.

I know it wasn´t very nice from me to push the red head into things he didn´t want to do. On the other hand I felt like we could spend a nice day outside together. It was very warm on this Saturday afternoon and the wind wasn´t even strong. The sun was shining brightly, stopping only occasionally to hide behind a small white fluffy cloud. The only dark looking creature was my grumpy friend next to me.

In the morning I picked up Eunhyuk from his house and together we travelled by an early train towards mountains. When I was a child, I´ve visited these place many times. I knew every nook and cranny of these rocks so I knew perfectly well the way. I brought us to a place I discovered with my brother years ago. When we passed our vacation in the mountains, we found this nice place and played here because nobody, not even our parents, would disturb us here.

“I can´t believe I woke up this early and climbed a mountain for such a stupid reason,” Eunhyuk huffed for an umpteenth time today. I could only chuckle because although he kept complaining, he didn´t stop or turned around to go back. I could tell that it was only for my sake and hope he would start feeling more comfortable soon. The day was perfect for flying afterall.

“Put down the jacket and let´s untie them,” I ordered and Eunhyuk sighed in defeat. I smiled seeing him this obedient and started tugging on the zipper. I striped the red head from his jacket and sweater. While I was putting down the bandage, Eunhyuk kept glancing around. He was nervous to reveal his wings out of the confinements of his rooms. Then the white feathers sprung free and my friend shivered when the wind hit his body covered only by a thin tank top. I felt slightly guilty for making him go through this but I didn´t have time to apologise. I was too stunned to actually open my mouth.

Eunhyuk was standing in front of me, his red hair flailing in the air. His firm body shook from cold and as on command the long white wings rounded the thin body in order to protect him. The movement was so natural for Eunhyuk but so unfamiliar for an ordinary human. The unearthly creature next to me seemed more comfortable covered with feathers than with the thick sweater.

“So, what now?” He asked me. I blinked a few times confused.

“I don´t know, you tell me,” I laughed. C´mon, I don´t know how to fly. I don´t have wings like somebody else here. Eunhyuk whined not knowing what to do.

“Fine, try to climb on this rock and jump down or something,” I gestured to about two meters high tower of rocks.

“It´s too high, I´m scared, Donghae,” Eunhyuk bit his lip.

“I´ll stand beneath and catch you,” I assured the angel and went to stand at the perfect spot. Eunyhuk whined some more but then obediently climbed up on the rock. With shaky legs he was looking down at me. His eyes were filled with fear so I spread my arms for him to jump into my embrace. “You can do it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Here´s the new chapter. I hope you like it! :D I´m so looking forward to the repackage of the mamacita album. The MV was already filmed too. I guess it will be something with guns again but these are SJ we are talking about. They could come shooting aliens or something as well :D Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing to this story (it´s not even worth called a story, duh). Be happy and enjoy the day - PandaHero