Lover DH

Chicken Wings

It was white and I heard the voices of angels all around. But I knew for sure I wasn´t dead. You thought I would get scared, right? Nope, I wasn´t in such a bad shape to not be able to distinguish between heaven and noisy hospital room. I would laugh aloud if it wouldn´t make everyone realise I´m actually awake already.

“Hyuk, c´mon stop wailing,” Leeteuk´s voice gained control for a few seconds before another voice overwhelmed the whole room one more time.

“Hyung,” the little angel whined, “he fell from the seventh floor!” Something moved on my blanket and suddenly I started thinking whether he wasn´t leaning on me.

“The doctor said he would be perfectly fine once he wakes up. You caught him, Eunhyuk,” the elder tried to reason.

“But he´s not waking up! What do I do hyung? It´s all my fault too! I made him go back to his house, if I brought him home with me nothing like that would have happened,” Eunhyuk started crying and I couldn´t absolutely make sense to his reasoning.

“He´s not even hurt much. Concussion, bruised back and twisted ankle can´t kill him, you idiot,” Leeteuk stated flatly but changed into much nicer tone when the red head, which I was sure by now was wiping his nose on me, continued weeping. I began feeling bad for stressing Eunhyuk by pretending to be still asleep. But I was a little scared to open my eyes. I hurt the angel and then even made him jump from the window for me and show his secret to the whole neighbourhood. No, I can´t open them.

“I´m so scared, though,” Eunhyuk whispered too weak to speak aloud already. “What if he wouldn´t want to go with me even if he wakes up or he could have hit his head so hard he wouldn´t remember me. What if he doesn´t remember me, hyung?!” The red head was panicking again and my heart couldn´t take it anymore.

“How could I ever forget you,” I said quietly and tried to pry my eyes open. It was hard but definitely worth the effort.

As I thought, Eunhyuk was sitting next to the bed and his whole upper body was laid on me. Leeteuk hyung was standing behind him and patting his back. They both looked very tired, especially the angel. Eunhyuk´s eyes, or more like the whole face, were red and wet from crying. His lips were bruised probably from the continuous biting, Eunhyuk´s nervous habit. I also noticed that his forearms and fingers on both arms were covered in bandages and immediately felt regret. It must have happened when we landed on the ground and he kept his arms around my body. The last I wanted was for him to get hurt.

When Eunhyuk finally realised I was awake his eyes widened. I didn´t know his eyes could be this beautiful and big, which is strange because I took my time to scan thoroughly every single part of him. The handsome face then once more contorted and broke into tears. I began to worry but the angel had a better idea on what to do. He suddenly jumped up and hugged me so tight I thought I would burst. Out of happiness of course.

“Donghae! Donghae! Donghae!”

Eunhyuk chanted like crazy and the whole situation was making me to say the least very confused. He didn´t hate me? Was he angry at me? Why is he still here when I betrayed him so hurtfully? And why is he embracing me so warmly? I started crying too and although my whole body hurt, I brought up my arms and returned the hug. We must have looked like idiots, two grown up men weeping in each other´s embrace.

“I´m so sorry, Eunhyukkie. I love you so much, please forgive me,” I started my own chant over Eunhyuk´s never-ending one of my own name.

“Donghae,” the angel whined probably loosing energy already. I don´t blame him, he must have been stressing since the early morning and I´m not even sure if he ate anything at all. But if Leeteuk hyung is here, he probably did. Wait, hyung?! He´s going to kill me for deflowering his dongsaeng! Oh my God!

“Calm down, Hyuk,” somebody started prying off the angel from my arms, “you look horrible and you completely destroyed the bandages on your arms. Go find Sora to fix them up for you, will you?” Leeteuk was holding Eunhyuk´s forearms gently and ordered him to go take care of himself. Hyuk was so emotionally exhausted that he only managed to nod and do as ordered. He glanced at me when he was about to exit on the hallway and I gave him a smile. Inside I wasn´t smiling at all, though. I was left in the room alone with the creepy worrywart of hyung. Somebody save me, please!

“Lee Donghae,” Leeteuk´s stern voice made me shake immediately. He was scary as hell!

“Y-Yes, sir?” I answered politely my stare faltering.

“I understand you are aware I´m mad at you, right?” He started and I quickly nodded. “You are lucky you are pretty much beaten already or I would do it myself. My wife told me she found a few love bites on Hyukkie when she was treating him this morning and from the sound of his voice this morning I can very well put the pieces together. I´m not stupid, Donghae,” he warned me with a stare that could kill little bunnies or at least flies.

“I never said you were,” I started awkwardly. Leeteuk frowned. “But my intentions with Eunhyuk are pure, I swear!” I croaked. My voice sounded still pretty rusty and the fact I had no proof of my so called ´pure´ intentions but the opposite in form of red spots on the angel´s neck wasn´t giving me more confidence either.

“Honestly I´m not in position to forbid you meeting Hyuk, especially after the scene I had to witness for the past five hours,” the older man sighed and another wave of guilt washed over me. “I just want to make sure you know what you are doing, Donghae,” Leeteuk then brought out his bag and pulled a brown paper bag from it. He threw the object on my stomach ignoring my pained cry on purpose. “Look at this and think of your future carefully.” He said in a calm voice and surprisingly added a a smile too.

“Think of Hyuk´s future too,” he said before leaving me in the empty hospital room. My head was full of question and my body was slightly shaking. It could have been from the fright or from the hard hit I received by the package. Speaking of the paper bag, I was totally curious and quickly opened it.

To my surprise I found a thin book hidden under the brown cover. I had already a pretty good idea of what it might be but still I couldn´t help but be awed by the simple object in my hands. The book looked just like the Heechul´s painting, red feathers decorating the front cover. The writing on the first page made me slightly chuckle as it also was a funny copy of Heechul´s title. My little angel knows perfectly how to make the book sell well, a real manager.

Inspired by my dear Lee Donghae who fell in love with an angel. I´m this person he so eagerly calls by divine names but thanks to this poem he made, I was able to take his feelings into consideration.

Reading this part my heard froze for a moment. Into consideration? Does it mean he was thinking of giving me a chance? But when he wrote this, I hadn´t harmed him yet. What to do? I broke his heart, didn´t I?

After that the poem from Heechul´s painting followed written on computer but beneath was a photo of it hanging in the gallery. It looked very nice and interesting.

It’s time to break your prolonged silence and cry out toward freedom
So that you can live the way you are, spread your wings
Realize your existence. You’re alive, dazzlingly
You fly high. Up in the sky.

Following was the very first poem I wrote for Eunhyuk. It wasn´t the first one I created but the ones before never made it either out of my mouth or down on a paper. Just like before under the poem was attached a photo of the letter slightly dirtied by the dinner that was a part of my present too.


There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me

I skipped a few pages before my eyes caught a strange picture. Usually the pictures beneath the poems were photos of bits of papers or cups from the café on which I wrote them. This one was different. On the photo was Eunhyuk´s bedroom, specifically the painting of Paris above his bed. And after reading the poem I understood why. I´ve never wrote this one down; the angel must have remembered it by heart. I felt like crying.

More than a gorgeous diamond
Even more than countless medals, nothing more
The sun won’t make the wish come true
The light that´s emitting deep into the heart

I skipped a few more pages smiling lightly although still more and more tears pricked my eyes. I stopped when I found another page with different picture. It was another poem that never made it on the paper but what surprised me was the fact the red head was able to remember it in his sleepy state. On top of that he had heard the last line which I´m absolutely sure wasn´t meant for his ears. The last line and the picture were also the reason I stopped at this exact page. On the photo was the exact street we were walking through but on the pavement was written one sentence with white chalk: Don´t let go of the memories

The temperature of the wind that brushes my ear has changed
I am standing on the line of changing seasons
Taking a walk, stepping on the street of the streets

Our memories solidify like fossils as it continues to torture me today

 

By the time I got on the last page, my tears were already running down all over my face, neck and shirt. I wasn´t ready for the last poem at all, definitely not! It was the last one and the strongest too if I had any opinion. It was the day I kissed Eunhyuk. It should have been impossible for Hyuk to remember the whole poem, but I guess being a waiter for the biggest time of your life makes a good deed to your memory.

 

It doesn’t matter, whatever you want baby I’ll give
Wipe away your tears, it’ll never be dark
I’ll be by your side everyday. Other than you who can I love?
Just hoping for the day when you’ll see
My love for you
My love that I can’t take back

 

Next to the poem was also the last picture, one that made my heart completely stop. It was a photo of Eunhyuk from a short distance. He was smiling at the photo and on the red nest on his head was laying a white feather. It was a contrast to the cover of the book where red feathers were falling on the white background. The book was a masterpiece. I was smitten.

 

“Donghae?” Eunhyuk arrived to the hospital room. “Eh? Who gave that to you? I wanted to show it to you myself,” he pouted cutely but I couldn´t even tell him how pretty he looked at the moment because I was still crying so bad.

 

“Eunhyuk?” I gestured for him to come closer. He looked worried seeing me crying like that and asked me if I were in pain. I shook my head and took his hand.

 

“All I have to give you is my love
That's all I've got to offer
I know I lack many things but not my love
I'll look out and take care of you”

 

Eunhyuk woke up from his first shock and wiped his tears. I didn´t have to think anymore because I was completely sure this angel in front of me will always be the most important person in my life. And although I knew that everything must be so foreign and new for Eunhyuk, I decided to take the chance and believe. I´m sure, my angel.


“Will you promise me just one thing?
No matter what happens”

 

The angel smiled upon hearing my rhymes and without any hesitation added the final verse chuckling ever so cutely.

“We'll always love each other... That's all”

 

 

 

 

 

 

_THE END_

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! So this is the end. The last poem comes from the final rap of "Marry U". I thought this song is the most suited for the final chapter, don´t you think? I´m sorry it took me so long but it´s twice aslong as other chapters, duh :P Please, take a look later when I start updating my new eunhae story too.  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/842511 Thank you everyone for your great support. Your comments made me often smile or laugh. Thank you for reading and be happy everyone! - for the last time, PandaHero