Visitor EH

Chicken Wings

I was sitting on my favourite carpet in the middle of the small living room. I had on only loose leopard printed pants, my upper torso was bare. The autumn was here in full force already so the landlord decided it was time to turn on the heating. That´s why I felt really nice, sitting there half just like that. I flapped my wings slightly, careful not to hit the red sofa next to me and ran my hand through the white feathers. My hand stopped abruptly when my fingers touched something sharp stuck there. I sighed. Must be another needle or something.

During the weekend I went hiking with Lee Donghae and thanks to the natural stupidity of the man, ended up sleeping over in a forest. When I felt dew falling down, I got worried that we might freeze to death or at least catch pneumonia this way. So being a weakling I stripped and covered us, mostly Donghae, with my wings. I wanted to protect us but of course the wings got drenched and covered with fallen leaves, dirt and needles. And as if it wasn´t enough, I still managed to catch a cold. I was knocked out for two days before I could go to work again. It´s been a while since I missed three days at work in row.

But today is Friday and I feel completely healthy again. My shift had ended a few hours ago and I´ve been basking in the warmth of my room since then. Gosh, that thing stuck between the feathers was a twig. This is becoming annoying. But as I was about to start violently flapping my wings in order to get rid of all those stupid sticks and needles hidden somewhere, the bell rung. Who could it be at this hour? Standing up I folded my wings carefully and put on a gown to cover them.

“Hyuk!” A beaming voice and almost shining happy face welcomed me the moment I opened the doors. All my annoyance was gone in a second.

“Hyung!” I exclaimed probably as happily as my guest. “Hurry, come inside!” I opened the door for him widely and let the smiling man slip inside. “Do you want a cup of tea or something else?” I asked him helping him out of his white coat.

“Do you have something stronger?” Leeteuk, my favourite person and brother-like friend, asked. “We haven´t had a glass like forever.”

“No problem. I even have your favourite snacks in case you stopped by,” I told him and he only laughed. Leeteuk sat down on the red sofa and watched as I filled the table with drinks and various snacks.

“Could you sit on the carpet, please?” I asked him and Leeteuk raised his brow at me. “I need you to help me out with something.” Hyung sat down at place from which he would still be able to reach the low table with the supper. I stripped from the gown and sat in front of him, facing the older man. “I told you about my hiking trip, right?”

“Of course, that´s the main reason I decided to pay you a visit,” Leeteuk chuckled. “I can´t believe you really went out to have fun and I was completely shocked when you told me you spread your wings.”

“I can´t believe it myself but I need you to help me pick out the twigs and needles out of them. I can´t reach them and they are still hidden between the feathers although I washed them many times already,” I whined and flapped my wings slightly to make a point.

“I get it,” Leeteuk chuckled, “give it here.” He tugged on one wing and began going through the feathers, patiently picking out the mess. “Who exactly is this Donghae guy?” He asked me curiously taking his glass from the table and sipping from it a little bit before putting it back down.

“He´s a poet,” I snorted, “he somehow found out my secret, which honestly scared the wits out of me, but he´s pretty much the same as others. He thinks I´m an angel and worships me as if I could make his wishes come true or something,” I sighed and too took a gulp from the liquor.

“Is he hurting you, Eunhyukkie?” Leeteuk asked me with face full of worry. I shook my head.

“Not intentionally at least. He´s a bit clumsy,” I rolled my eyes, “I told you what happened in the mountains. That´s how it´s pretty much every time I meet him.”

“Okay but tell me if you needed my help,” the older man rubbed my wing and I nodded. “So he´s a poet, huh.”

“Yeah and I would say a good one,” I answered after sipping from the drink again, the slight burn in my throat made me shiver. Leeteuk´s eyebrows rose again. “He composed a few for me,” I admitted and blushed.

“Really?!” Leeteuk laughed aloud making me even more embarrassed. “Eunhyukkie, you got proposed to by a guy?!” His laugh now sounded like plain torture which I had to stop.

“That´s not funny,” I grumbled finishing my glass.

“It is, my cute dongsaeng. I can´t wait to tell the news to my wifey,” he chuckled and released my right wing. He drank the rest of his drink in oneshot and filled our cups again. Then he caught my left wing and started cleaning it also.

“Really, he´s unstoppable,” I told him munching on a chocolate chip. “But I know he doesn´t want to hurt me so I don´t want to chase him away. Sometimes I feel very comfortable speaking to him and honestly it´s nice having one more person that knows my secret by my side.”

“True,” Leeteuk nodded, “I also don´t like you being closed here alone all the time. I appreciate that he takes you out once in a while. Would you mind introducing me?”

“Just come to the café sometime, he´s sitting there whole days,” I laughed and Leeteuk joined me.

For the rest of the night I only made fun of my hyung for not even visiting his own café once. He on the other hand teased me with Donghae. I had so much fun with him. I realised how much I missed this friend, person I considered my real family. I owed him so much but he´s never asked me to repay him back. All the kindness he gave me and all those fights he had to went through for my sake. The bond between us was stronger than that of any of my blood relatives. Sitting on my carpet and drinking while talking about ordinary things was what made me feel blissful.

And what made me even happier was when the next day in the afternoon Leeteuk hyung came to visit me in the café and brought his wife with him too. I was antsy like a small child, laughing while showing the boss around my territory. Leeteuk kept nodding and asking if he didn´t understand something. I showed him the paperwork and all the other important stuff that needed to be either checked or signed. Of course there wouldn´t be anything missing or any mistake. I paid good attention to my work so my hyung wouldn´t have to worry. When the formalities were finished, Leeteuk returned to the front to join his wife.

“Is your poet here today, Hyuk? I would be really disappointed, I came here for that sole reason,” she suddenly asked me.

“Not you too, noona,” I sighed smelling another wave of teasing. “But yeah, he´s here. It´s the guy with the laptop sitting in the corner.” The pair next to me quickly turned around to take a look, not even trying to be inconspicuous. Poor Donghae who raised his head, probably feeling their stares at him, got startled. His brown mop of hair shook and he bit his lip.

“I´ll have Americano and apple pie,” Leeteuk said without tuning to me and started walking towards Donghae´s table.

“Cappuccino and cheesecake for me, love,” noona added and too jogged to join her husband. I could only sigh. Good luck, Lee Donghae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, guys! :) Here´s another chapter and Leeteuk finally makes his appearance! :P Congrats on your wedding, Sungmin! I´m so happy and proud. Finally one of our ahjussis is getting married! They both look so young, their kids will never grow old at this rate :D Thank you gus for reading and upvoting! - PandaHero