Brother DH

Chicken Wings

A couple I´ve never seen before in my life just sat to my table. I was quite surprised since there were other free tables. I glanced at Hyuk who was standing at the counter but he refused to look back at me. Maybe he sent those people to sit here to make me realise I should go home already. Am I such a nuisance? But when I closed my laptop and was about to go away the man´s arm on my shoulder stopped me from doing so.

“Um, excuse me?” I said a little bit confused.

“Are you Lee Donghae? The famous poet?” The woman suddenly exclaimed. “I love your works. You even contributed to Kim Heechul´s new exhibit, right?”

How does she know? Are they my fans or something? That´s not possible. I haven´t really done many things and most of my poems never made it out of my head, the more from my computer. But there are various people in the world and some might be interested in this kind of art. Still the expression on the man´s face was making me want to reconsider my first guess. Fortunately at that moment Eunhyuk arrived with their order.

“I´m your fan,” the lady said but Eunhyuk chuckled.

“That´s pretty cruel, noona. Don´t make fun of Donghae,” he laughed and put a cup of coffee and cake in front of her.

“You are no fun either, Hyuk. He totally fell for it,” she retorted faking anger.

“I´m sorry then,” the angel joked back and smiled at the pair. I hoped he would give me some kind of signal about what was going on but I got ignored instead. Eunhyuk walked away and I ended up captive between the two strangers.

“Forgive me, please,” the woman turned to me, “I didn´t want to offend you.”

“I guess it´s alright but would you mind telling me, who are you?” I in the end asked. Although they didn´t look like dangerous people, especially the smiling male, the first impression wasn´t really the best. But if they are Eunhyuk´s friends, I might as well befriend criminals too.

“I´m Leeteuk and this is my wife Sora. I´m the owner of this place and I heard you have quite a bill at this place. You don´t pay for every cup of coffee, do you?” He eyed me weirdly and I shivered. Oh no! Hyuk told him about the cup of coffee I couldn´t pay for! He warned me it would be a problem and I totally forgot about that. I panicked and my eyes widened.

“I´m so sorry! I completely forgot! I´ll pay back, I swear. It´s not Hyuk´s fault, really,” I rumbled nervously almost crying. I didn´t want to add on Eunhyuk´s job. The pair exploded in another fit of laugh.

“This is so fun,” the man laughed and the high tone of his laugh was kind of scaring me, “honestly, you are really a bit dumb.”

“So, everything´s fine?” I wanted to make sure.

“Of course,” Leeteuk smiled at me after wiping the tears that fell down thanks to his laughing. “Eunhyuk is almost like a part of our family. I came to check on the café and Hyuk told us you were here. I´ve heard some stories about you so I was curious and wanted to say hello. I´m sorry we were so rude towards you.” He explained and I was very surprised hearing this. Eunyhuk talked about me?

“Wait, you are the famous hyung?” My eyes suddenly widened. Is this the person Eunhyuk looks up to so much? Those two people being the only ones knowing about the wings? According to Hyuk, he owes the couple so much and works hard to pay back for their kindness. But he´s never told me what exactly happened to him. I would always feel so stupid and little when the angel talked about Leeteuk and now is the oh so special man sitting in front of me.

“That must be me,” Leeteuk smiled. “So tell me, Donghae, why are you following my cute dongsaeng? What is your intention? You have to understand we are careful when it comes to people around Eunhuyk. He´s too nice for his own good and not rarely happens that bad people start to lurk around him. I´m not saying you are one of them however you are slightly different threat. You found out the secret afterall.” When Leeteuk finished I couldn´t even breathe. I was too intimidated by the authoritativeness in his voice and serious stare. Where was the laughing guy from earlier, joking and teasing? Looks like the topic of Eunhyuk is not taken lightly in this family. I cleared my throat to give the man answer I didn´t have.

“I don´t really have any intention honestly,” I started awkwardly, “I love Eunhyuk, I´m sure he already told you about my confession but I´m not demanding anything back. I can´t and I don´t want to either. As long as he finds my company comfortable, I´m fine with it.”

It´s the truth. I told this to the angel too. He doesn´t need to fall for me too, I understand his fears more than he thinks. I know he´s afraid and scared and I know I´m not even as important for him as Choco. The bird is much more useful and entertaining than me anyway. On top of it I´m a man. It makes me depressed sometimes when I think we will never be able to be together in a romantic way. But at least Eunhyuk likes spending time with me and we have many topics we are able to talk about when alone. Just seeing the cold man smiling and laughing freely without having to worry is a satisfaction for me. I can live like that.

“I see,” the older man hummed while sipping from his coffee, “that´s really formidable. But you are aware that you can´t live like that forever. You will want more and if you don´t get it you will either go crazy and depressed or take it on Eunhyukkie.” I wanted to protest after his remark but he continued talking. “There were people like that also in the past, not men but still the principle is the same. They fell for him because just like I said, Hyuk is a charming man with many talents and good heart. There were those who hurt him and those who never fell out of love for him. I´m telling you this not to chase you away, I like how you treat him, but to make you think about it. You feel happy and euphoric because this is the start but you should also think of the consequences that might come later.”

“I´m not sure I understand,” I admitted slightly dejected.

“You don´t have to. My husband is being a prick,” Sora spoke up in a soothing tone. “Hyuk is a big boy now and you don´t have to babysit him all the time. Give our little bird some freedom.” She patted her husband back.

“I know, I´m just worried and what are you talking about?! He has so much freedom! Look what he made out of the café. I gave him four empty walls only,” Leeteuk grumbled and his wife only chuckled.

After the interference of the lady we didn´t talk about heavy topics anymore. We talked about my work and I had lots of questions on the pair too. Sora is apparently a doctor and has her private ordination in the city centre. Hyuk is of course her patient too so she can take care of the winged man without any interference. Leeteuk is something else entirely. He´s a successful business man who owns a trading company. Thanks to that money he was able to open the ordination for his wife and the café for Hyuk. And these aren´t the only shops he owns in the city so I better not anger this man in any way seeing how much influence he has. But I didn´t find anything about the past, I didn´t have the courage to ask about Eunhyuk either so when the couple left, I was feeling a little disturbed.

Eunhyuk then arrived to collect the dirty dishes that were left after the strange couple. I glanced at the man putting the cups on the tray. I felt still awfully guilty for the unfortunate trip last weekend because the red head fell sick after that. It was all my fault and I wanted to make it up to him. That is if he would want to.

“Would you like to watch a movie tonight?” I asked him shamelessly.

“No,” he answered without even looking at me.

“Did you even listen to what I said?” I grumbled.

“Yes, I did,” Eunhyuk sighed.

“Then what did I say, hm?” I challenged.

“Would you like to watch a movie tonight?” He smirked.

“Of course, Eunhyukkie. Let´s meet after your shift!” The smirk vanished. Got you!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Good evening! Double update today and even a bit longer. I had some free time and stress pilled so I decided to take it out on eunhae. Poor Couple got tricked by me, duh. :) It´s a pity how our fandom reacts to Sungmin´s wedding. I was honestly really excited for it, like wedding photos and stuff, but ELF took it harder than I expected. It´s strange I always thought of SJ a little differently. Like they are "old" men already and I can´t wait for Kangin to get married. For EunHae it will be harder for me to "send" them but the rest are pretty much welcome to get married. Sigh, and I was so proud to be ELF because I thought we were different. IT´s not like they would stop loving us. We are forever their drug. :) Anyway, Happy B-Day Lee Donghae! Waiting for Hyukjae´s celebratory tweet. Last year´s "Haek" collection was so funny :D Thank you all so much for reading and enjoy - PandaHero