Saviour EH

Chicken Wings

The sun was slowly creeping up on the sky painting it in orange hues. The light hit my tired eyes but although I grumbled slightly annoyed, I couldn´t hide my excitement and also pride. It was Wednesday morning and I was ready for a good shower and even better breakfast after the sleepless night. I totally deserved it because I saved someone´s life tonight.

Hearing a noise from my bedroom I panicked slightly and started packing the stuff on the coffee table. Little bits and pieces of paper and other materials were scattered all around under and above the table and my laptop. Hastily I stuffed them into one wide folder which I put on my now closed computer. Both things were quickly hidden between other random files and folders I brought home from the restaurant. There my secret will be hidden until the sleepyhead from the next room leaves my house.

You wouldn´t believe it but the man currently inhabiting my bed is no one else but Lee Donghae. Last night he unexpectedly arrived here drunk and completely broken. My heart almost burst seeing him in such a state of body and mind. I wanted to just hug him and make all his pains go away, which I also did later. I absolutely hate seeing anyone suffer, it´s a torture for me when I see Leeteuk hyung, my staff or any friend or acquaintance of mine cry. And trust me or not, Lee Donghae has grown very dear to me also so I couldn´t let his situation just go. I made a saving plan for him but I was also one hundred percent sure he would decline my help. One of the reasons the sole idea of my little project.

“Hyuk?” Donghae´s voice rasped from the doorway just a minute after my sudden clean up.

“Yeah?” I called back going to greet the funny looking creature. Donghae´s brown mop of hair looked like a nest and his face was all swollen from drinking and crying last night.

“I´m sorry but I feel like . Why exactly am I at your place, please?” He whimpered all sleepy and confused. I laughed holding back a lot. I knew how bad your head reacts to a ringing laugh in the morning with a ramming headache.

“You got drunk out of sadness and didn´t know better where else to go but my place apparently,” I explained watching Donghae´s face go through various emotions from surprise to shock, anxiety and end up with shame.

“Oh God, I´m so sorry,” he whined with a face as pitiful as a kid who dropped his ice-cream. “I didn´t do or say anything wrong, right?” He asked hesitantly. “Like why I was depressed…”

“Actually you did tell me,” I said while walking to the kitchen. Donghae followed me with desperation written all over his face. I would laugh at him if it wasn´t breaking my heart in the same time too. “You said you were broke and afraid to go home,” I started and switched on the water for boiling, “you cried a lot too. You ruined your clothes with crying, I had to wash them at night.” I informed the poet and tried to sound as casual as possible to not make him feel worse than he must have been feeling already.

“Ugh,” Donghae only face-palmed collapsing on the wooden chair. I chuckled discreetly but I also found this side of Donghae quite endearing. He was pretty cute embarrassed like that.

“Don´t worry. I´m not mad or anything at you,” I assured him whilst putting a cup of the strong dark liquid in front of him.

“Really?” Donghae looked up to me with teary wide eyes. “Even if I am a broke ingrate that acted like a jerk towards you?” He inquired in self-loathing but still somehow hopeful tone.

“Yeah, I can bear the fact that you are ingrate jerk,” I smiled at him and went back to the counter to prepare my favourite omelettes. “And it´s not like you are going to be broke forever.” I added mysteriously quirking Donghae´s curiosity.

“The way you said the last sentence is making me worry, you know,” he said blowing the steam from his hot coffee. I smirked and continued speaking in riddles.

“What do you mean?” The frying pan hissed after I threw the cut vegetables and sausages on it. “I´m just saying that luck will surely be on your side soon. Or maybe heavens,” I couldn´t leave out a small hint on my person. It´s Donghae who calls me angel so he could understand the remark.

“Like it will start raining money or something? I really appreciate your sympathy but it´s not like I will wake up rich tomorrow. I think I´ll have to disappear for a while maybe,” Donghae sighed all ready to cry. “I can´t feed off of you forever and I don´t want you to get annoyed by me and start hating me again. I´m not worth being here with you yet.”

Hearing his words my heart started beating in a fast pace. He wants to leave? He wants to go away so I would stay here alone again? I don´t want to! I got used to him and the fact that I´m not locked in my house all the time when I´m not breaking my bones at work. I want him to watch me from his spot in the café, look after me and guard me from there. I want to go the cinema with him and sleep over my tiredness. I don´t mind going to a restaurant or shop only to pay for the both of us if it means I have someone to listen to and talk to. I want to keep cooking him breakfasts without having to fold my wings and I want to go to the mountains again!

“You can´t!” I threw the spatula on the counter angrily. Donghae got startled by my outburst especially when my wings sprung up and folded again in a quick movement leaving fallen feathers everywhere.

“I´m going to come back one day again,” Donghae tried to calm me down but it was futile.

“I said no! You are not going anywhere you insensitive bastard!” I roared having enough sense to turn around and turn off the stove. Then I glared back at Donghae. “You barge into my life asking me to strip on the street, you confess your never-ending love for me all the time, you compose poems for me and drive me crazy with your senseless behaviour! And now that I´ve finally gotten used to your stupidity, you are leaving me here alone?! After I thought the whole night how to save that pitiful of yours?!” Tears streaming down my cheeks, feathers snowing everywhere. “You think that´s fair, Donghae?!” I screamed and covered my face with my hands. I don´t want to see him ever again!

“I´m sorry,” Donghae whispered and I was about to take the pan and hit his head with a line ´take your sorry to hell with you´, when I realised that the voice came from quite short distance. I looked through the crack between my fingers and true, Donghae was standing just a few inches from me. I felt suddenly embarrassed for my outburst and refused to reveal my face even when the poet tried to pry my hands away. “I said I was sorry, I won´t say things like that anymore. Look at me, please.”

“I hate you,” I mumbled childishly and put my hands down.

“Don´t or I will really just disappear into the thin air. I wouldn´t live through it if you were to hate me again,” Donghae whispered pleading.

“And it was such a nice morning,” I whined to change the topic unfortunately not very successfully. But Donghae chuckled and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

“You were really up all night?” He asked me with a small smile. I haven´t seen him smile for so long, I missed it. “For someone like me? That´s dumb.”

“It´s not!” I protested pouting but not pushing away from him. “I found a way how to save your life so be grateful.” Donghae´s eyes widened. “But I´m not telling you so don´t even try find out.”

“Hyukkie,“ Donghae obviously wanted to protest but I didn´t let him.

“No. I´m going to do something about it and you are going to let me or it will be me who will cut all the ties with you. So stop being stubborn and-“

“It doesn’t matter, whatever you want baby I’ll give
Wipe away your tears, it’ll never be dark
I’ll be by your side everyday. Other than you who can I love?
Just hoping for the day when you’ll see my love for you
My love that I can’t take back”

Donghae whispered before his lips closed and gently stamped mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! So there are like 3-4 chapters left.  The next chapter might be a little stronger and some action is coming too so stay tuned! :D No, really. Thank you for your love and reading my story. The lyrics are this time from ´Super Junior M - My love for you´ (I think it´s from the Swing album). It´s the comeback soon! Yaaay! Bye bye and have nice day - PandaHero