Drunkard DH

Chicken Wings

´Leeteuk was right.´

That was the main thought I had at the moment. I was sitting in the busy café on my usual spot with my laptop on the table and a cup of hot coffee next to it. I was´t working, though. Rather I was watching a certain red haired male walkaround with his professional but not any less dazzling smile. Eunhyuk was busy but I knew he loved his job and so even more I felt depressed by my own inactivity. I was getting a little bit annoyed too. It wasn´t Hyuk´s fault, not in the slightest, but I couldn´t help myself. I wanted the man but he didn´t look at me the way I wanted. Hell, I could be happy if he looked at me at all.

I bit my lip and ran my hand through my hair ruining whatever hairstyle I had this afternoon. But Eunhyuk must have noticed my not very good state and a little later came with a small plate in his hand. He put the plate on the table and I saw a few cookies on it. I looked up confused, I didn´t order anything.

“Noona messed up and forgot to add raisins to the raisin cookies. But they still taste good so I thought I would bring you some,” he smiled. Unfortunately I was too immersed in my own depression that I couldn´t see his good intentions. Being a stupid ingrate I got mad at him instead.

“Are you doing a charity here?” I hissed startling the latter. “You think I´m that poor you have to feed me now?”

“T-That´s not what I meant,” Eunhyuk defended weakly but after clearing his throat regained composure to talk back to me. Something that made me even more irritated. Do you have to be so cold, Eunhyuk? “You seem a bit off today so I wanted to cheer you up somehow.” He explained but in a tone that made shivers run down my spine. It wasn´t nice at all.

“Well, sorry for not being in a good mood. It´s not like you are always cheery and smiling, you know,” I said spitefully and started packing my things. I don´t understand why I spoke to my angel this way. I felt sorry and ashamed but at the moment there was nothing I could do. I stood up and exited the café ignoring all Eunhyuk´s calls.

Of course it had to start raining the moment I left the café but I couldn´t go back and ask the red head if he could lend me his umbrella. This wasn´t an option and so I let myself get drenched by the sudden downpour. When I arrived to my flat, it was getting dark already. I shouldn´t be surprised when  it´s almost the end of October already. I closed the old door behind me and stripped myself from the wet clothes. The pieces of clothing fell randomly on the ground and I didn´t care they would get crumpled or wouldn´t dry. I put on black sweatpants and a sweater that I could find in the dark.

Why don´t I turn on the lights? It´s simple. It wouldn´t work anyway because the electricity got cut off two weeks ago. The water is still running but it´s as cold as ice and right now I would like to get warm instead. I went to my kitchen to look for something edible immediately regretting not eating Hyuk´s cookies. They looked a thousand times tastier than the contents of my cupboard and fridge. In the end I decided to have a cup ramen without the cup part. I don´t have electricity and hot water so I´ll just have to bite the dry noodles instead. It´s futile to hide it from you, I´m broke. I can hardly buy a cup of tea at the café nowadays and I´m lucky that Hyuk doesn´t really mind making me stuff for free.

This is also one of the reasons I got so angry when he brought me the cookies. I felt like a leech or freeloader always taking from the angel. He´s too kind to not want anything back, a true friend. And I´m not even satisfied with that! I want him to be something more than just a friend; I want to wake up every morning seeing that red mop of hair hidden beneath the fluffy feathers. I wish I could admire the white skin on his chest when he stretches his limbs in the morning and smile when a drop of hot milk escapes his lips during his hasty breakfast. But when I open my eyes, I´m in my cold apartment alone. No white feathers, no happy smiles, no angels. The mornings are becoming harder the more I dream of the unearthly being. I have to get up and take a shower, a cold one.

I don´t have the courage to visit the café today. I must have made Hyuk disappointed in me and I don´t want to make him any more angry at me. I don´t trust my mood today either. I decided to hang around the city instead. I went here and there, watched the last leaves fall from the trees in the park and did other important stuff like that. Then I got a bit hungry in the late afternoon and when I went through all my pockets I found a few coins so I decided to go and eat something cheap.

I entered a food stall and ordered something simple. I was eating when a group of already a little tipsy men entered the stall. They sat next to me and ordered snacks and drinks. It took them only ten minutes to notice my presence, invite me to their table, hear my sad story and get me drunk too. From then on everything is a little blurry. I remember leaving the stall and going home. I was running home, tears straining my vision. When I arrived in front of the door, I got really sad again because the key didn´t work! I started crying aloud completely confused and lost and at that moment the doors opened from the inside and a ray of light invaded the hallway. How´s that possible? There´s no light at my house. But there are no angels at my house either I thought.

“Donghae? Are you alright,” Eunhyuk asked me with eyes full of worry.

“Eunhyukkie,” I stammered still rather confused by his appearance in my home. But suddenly it hit me, I ran to Eunhyuk´s house instead of mine! Oh how embarrassing! What do I do?!

“Uh,” I sobered up in a second. “I think I came to your house instead of mine by accident,” I told him honestly because I was too startled and drunk to think up a lie. “I´m wasted, sorry,” I quickly apologised too.

“Come inside, hurry,” Eunhyuk immediately said in that same worried voice. He glanced around in case any of his neighbours decided to protest against the ruckus on the hallway. Then he caught my sleeve and pulled me inside. “Gosh, you are freezing!” He exclaimed and ran off to his bedroom.

I was standing there all wet and nervous. What am I doing anyway? I should go home and not trouble the angel even more than I already have. I was about to call at him that I´m leaving when the red head came running back with pile of warm and dry clothes in his arms.

“Go take a shower,” he pushed the clothes into my hands, “I´ll make you a cup of coffee in the meantime. What are you waiting for?” He asked me when I wasn´t moving according to his commands.

“I´m sorry,” I mumbled but the angel didn´t hear me or ignored me because before I knew it I was pushed into the bathroom. I sighed but a small smile crept on my face. It´s been a while since I felt this happy. I took a hot shower, put on clothes that smelled like Eunhyuk and as ordered went to the kitchen corner.

“Great, now you have a colour at least,” the red head told me the moment I arrived. I snorted and went to sit on a chair. As my landed at the cushion, a cup of hot coffee landed on the table with a hasty clunk. I was surprised when another cup, this time with hot milk, appeared next to mine and another settled down on the chair on my right.

“So, what´s going on?” Eunhyuk inquired. His long fingers were playing with the cup of hot milk while his huge eyes were looking intently at me. Should I tell him the truth? How about only half? Yeah, that sounds more reasonable.

“I´m broke,” I said simply and had to look away from the beautiful man in front of me. I felt so stupid and weak and he was so perfect compared to me. I felt like dirt next to him.  “I don´t have any income anymore, the last money I had is almost gone and they cut off my electricity long time ago. I´m afraid to go home because the executors might be waiting there for me to beat me up,” I admitted and felt even worse when the tears once more started running down my cheeks. Pathetic.

It was silent after my confession and I was afraid to raise my head up to look at the angel in the eye. But then I heard discarded clothes being thrown on the ground followed by quiet rustling. I snapped my head and caught Eunhyuk standing up from his seat. The robe he had previously on was gone and he stepped towards me with only his wife beater. His arms and big white wings spread widely before they rounded my body. It was a warm and comfortable hug, something very unexpected from a cool guy like Eunhyuk.

“Trust me, everything will be alright and you are safe here so don´t cry anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Long time nosee. Here´s another chapter, it´s the start of the end, hehe. :) I can´t understand why people say "Sungmin´s scandal", it´s not a scandal, right? Isn´t it a happy thing? Sight, really. But on a brighter note. The comeback is just around the corner and the teasers look so fine! :) I´m looking forward to it! Be careful (I always say that but I feel like I caught a cold or something, duh)! Thank you for reading and you support. Love you! - PandaHero