Angel DH

Chicken Wings

It was quite dark already but I had no choice but to be outside still. Stomping on wet fallen leaves I was walking through the park on my way home. There weren´t many people anymore and the not so good weather could have been the cause. Cold wind didn´t let me get warm and all those dark clouds above me only increased the bad mood I was having.

As if it was a magic, the sky has suddenly exploded because of that same exact strong wind and then a ray of light made its way through the thick clouds and down on the road next to me. Of course my stare went automatically to the place pointed out by heaven and I almost lost my footing. My legs failed to listen when next to me was standing an angel.

A pair of beautiful wings was attached to the back of equally beautiful person. But sadly the man was back-facing me and even covered those white feathers with a thick long coat. I was still too stunned by the picture in front of me that I didn´t manage to stop the angel from running away. He was gone and with him my sanity. Was it just my fantasy? The scene caused by my tired mind? Even so I swore to at least find that person and have a look at his face. I have to meet my angel.

About three months went by and I still wasn´t able to catch a glimpse of that unearthly creature. I tried everything that came into my mind. I even browsed through some religious pages and asked my friend who is a priest. But to no help, nobody has seen a real angel or at least not the one I meant. I couldn´t concentrate on my work anymore and slowly I realised that the winged man became my obsession.

“Donghae, you need to stop about that angel of yours,” Yesung sighed and sipped from his hot coffee.

We were sitting in a small café near his house and catching up to some stuff since we haven´t seen each other for a while. But although we were apart for a long time, even Yesung could tell that something had changed about me. I on the other hand had no choice but to agree with him. I had to really stop if I ever wanted to finish my work in time.

“I guess you´re right, hyung,” I finally admitted and continued playing with the hem of my shirt, “it´s just too inhuman experience to simply forget it.”

“I understand but you need to start writing again or else you´re doomed. You can´t slack until you have at least one bestseller, Donghae,” Yesung told me in a serious tone and I only nodded. Truth, all of what he said was true.

“I´ll do my best, hyung,” I tried to assure him, “thanks for your time, I´ll pay.” I offered the least I could do.

I waved goodbye to my hyung and went to the counter to pay for the coffee and snacks. There was nobody at the cash desk so I had to call for some attention. I couldn´t blame the guy who came running from the kitchen because it was indeed busy at this time.

“I´m sorry, sir,” the red head apologised and gave me a quick smile.

At that moment the time has stopped. It was him, my angel. Working here behind the counter of this small café on the suburbs of the big city. This divine creature looked so much like any other human but still radiating.

“Oh, I´m sorry again,” the guy exclaimed waking me up from my daydreaming. He dropped my bill on the ground and had to crouch down to pick it up. Using the chance I swiftly glanced over the counter to look at his back. Nothing, just a tight plain white shirt and a black apron tied around his lower back. Impossible, where did it go?

“It will be 8 000 won, sir.” The red head named Eunhyuk, as it was written on his name tag, told me with a smile. I paid the price and gave him a tip too just to see him smile some more.

It was hard for me to leave the place when I´ve finally found him but I didn´t want to seem like a creep so I left. Well, almost left. I sat down on a bench not far from the café and waited for Eunhyuk´s shift to end. I wanted to find out if it was only my imagination the evening three months ago or if this cute guy really has a huge secret.

Around six o´clock Eunhyuk left the café and to my chagrin instead of spreading his white wings he put on a long grey coat instead. I decided to follow him but at that moment I didn´t know yet of what I will cause to the poor man. Not knowing I pursued him on his way home. Once we reached a much quieter neighbourhood, I decided to take an action. I speeded up and turned the red head only to hug him tightly.

“What the hell?” Eunhyuk exclaimed completely defenceless. I on the other hand slid my hands under his opened coat and put them on his back. Something was there but it was too small and flat. And I didn´t mean his skinny right now, I was looking for the wings. Not to be too suspicious I pulled away.

“Oh, I must have mistaken you for someone else,” I tried to act out confusion. But Eunhyuk was ahead of me already.

“You were at the café today! So it was you who was following me. Are you a stalker? ? Thief? Or molester I guess!” I didn´t expect the red head to flare up so much. He completely detonated and I only hoped I wouldn´t end up with a black eye or something.

“C-Calm down, please,” I stammered and put my hands up, “I´m sorry.” I tried desperately to save my life. But he wouldn´t hurt me if he´s an angel, right?

“Then what is it?” Eunhyuk crossed his arms on his chest and I thought how cute he looked at that moment. “And don´t bring up that bull about misunderstanding again,” he scolded and I sighed.

“Fine, I´ll tell you honestly,” it´s not like I had anything to lose anyway. “I might have seen you some months ago and I might have hallucinated but according to my memory,” I gulped, “you had wings.”

Fortunately I hit the spot because Eunhyuk´s eyes widened and his voice broke. “W-What,” he cleared his throat. “Nonsense, as if a human could have wings!” He said a bit too much defensively. I almost pitied him but I was too stubborn to let him just go.

“So would you mind taking off your shirt?” I asked him stupidly. Slap! Well I admit he had the right to slap me.

“erted pig!” Eunhyuk accused me and was about to walk away when I grabbed his arm. “Let go!”

I knew I was being harsh and rude and completely in the wrong. And so I didn´t even get mad when a harsh punch landed on my stomach. I bent in pain releasing the fuming red head. I fell on my knees and coughed hard clutching my belly. For a thin man he has some strength. I thought I would leave in tears when I noticed something stuck in my hair. It was a white feather.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! So I was thinking how to take this story and I still don´t know. As always there will be lots of fluff, some drama, humour and so on but I´m not sure how much of what there will be. :) Waah, SS6 looks like so much fun! And SJ keep winning the prizes although they have stopped promoting Mamacita. Thank you for reading and subscribing and I hope you will find this interesting. - Love you, PandaHero