Chapter 21

P H O B I A

 

"We did it!" I watched Hyoli shout as she ran to Taemin who quickly pulled her into a big hug, only to be seperated from her the next second by a jealous Jonghyun.
 
"Yah!" He simply shouted at his dongsaeng as Onew walked past the trio and came to meet Minho and I, now that we were all safely back on the ground.
 
"You did good" He simply said, giving me a pat on the back as I rolled my eyes.
 
"Don't give me that. I know you secretly thought I wouldn't do it. This just goes to show how almighty I actually am" I smirked as Onew laughed at my praise about myself.
 
Although I don't know why he was laughing, I was being deadly serious.
 
It took real guts to even get to the top of that tower.
 
Onew wouldn't have dared jump in a million years...Well, unless I threw a cupcake over the edge first.
 
Chances are, he's probably jump after it without even a harness.
 
I would worry about the damage he could inflict on his body if that ever were to happen but this is Onew I'm talking about.
 
He's probably suffered worse falls for less than a cupcake.
 
"Not bad for a rookie. Hey, how about we make this a weekly thing?"Minho asked with a sly smile on his face as I felt the colour drain from my face all over again.
 
"How about I push you off that tower without a harness" I asked, mimicking his sly smile right back at him.
 
"Point taken. Not a weekly thing then"
 
"It's a 'Never Again' thing. That was the first and last time you will ever get me up that tower" I said seriously which made Onew and Minho laugh once again at my words.
 
Rolling my eyes, I walked away from them and made my way towards where Taemin, Jonghyun and Hyoli were stood by the car.
 
Taemin had his arm over Hyoli's shoulder as Jonghyun made no effort to lower his voice as he scolded Taemin over his closeness between the two.
 
Quickly taking Taemin's wrist and moving his arm away from Hyoli, I turned her around and ushered her to get in the car.
 
"I don't know about you two but I'd prefer to go home rather than standing out here all day listening to a Hyung at his Dongsaeng" 
 
Jonghyun and Taemin looked at one another before turning back to me.
 
"Hyung are you okay? For someone who just overcame their fear, you seem to be in a pissy mood"
 
"I didn't overcome my fear, I just faced it. There's a difference" 
 
"I don't know about that. We watched the whole thing, not to mention heard it. I never knew someone could scream in such a high pitch" Jonghyun smirked at me as I glared at them both slightly.
 
"Shot gun" Taemin quickly called before running to the passanger side of the car and getting in to avoid being put under my glare any more.
 
Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and quickly jumped in the back with Hyoli while I turned around to Onew and Minho who were chatting to the worker who had forced me to sign my death certificate earlier.
 
"Come on you two! Get over here or you're walking home!"
 
"It's my car!" Minho called back as I placed my hands on my hips and raised my eyebrows.
 
"And you think I really care about that detail?" I asked as Minho sighed and turned to say his goodbyes to the worker before making his way over to the car with Onew right by his side.
 
Placing a small smile on my face I made my way into the back of the car, satisfied that the jump had not knock the sass out of me.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
After having taken Hyoli home, Jonghyun had begged us to spend the rest of our day at his house to help him pick out what he was going to wear for his so-called 'date' with Hyoli the next day.
 
I layed back on his kind sized bed as Minho sat in the seating area of Jonghyun's room, playing on his XBox.
 
Onew had left the room and had probably found his way to the kitchen to have the chef's cook up something for him.
 
Taemin was the only one helping Jonghyun raid his closet for an outfit.
 
"Hyungs, you're supposed to be helping here" Taemin spoke up as Jonghyun continued to pile all the clothing possibilities into Taemin's arms which I hoped to god he wasn't going model for the three of us.
 
We could be here all night.
 
"Not right now Taemin. I'm about to beat my top score" Minho said, not even taking his eyes off the screen infront of him.
 
"I dont get it. The highest score on that game already belongs to you. Why do you so badly need to beat it?" I questioned, sitting up on the bed to be able to see Minho.
 
"Because even with this high score, Hyoli was still able to beat me that time we played at her house. If I beat my own score then it will give me confidence that I can beat her as well"
 
"Delusional" Taemin mumbled  as Jonghyun threw a pair of jeans on top of the pile in Taemin's arms that was nearly reaching just above his chin now.
 
"Jonghyun, do you really need all them clothes?"
 
"This is my first date with Hyoli. Everything has to be perfect, including my outfit" Jonghyun insisted as I rolled my eyes.
 
"A date that her Halmoni is going to be present at. Technically, it's not a date"
 
"It's never to early to get in the good books of your in-laws" Jonghyun simply chimmed as I rolled my eyes.
 
Just from his sickly sweet tone of voice, Jonghyun managed to make me want to kill myself.
 
If I threw my head into a pillow and began screaming, would that be too obvious?
 
At that moment, Onew reappeared in the room with what looked to be pink frosting around hi mouth.
 
A clear sign that he had indeed payed a trip to the kitchen chefs.
 
"Finally, you're back. Now I can start trying these clothes on for you guys. You ahve to be completely honest when scoring the outfit. one being the lowest and ten being the highest" Jonghyun said upon realizing Onew had returned.
 
"Is it too late to flee from the room?" Onew asked nobody in particular as I rolled my eyes and stood up from Jonghyun's bed.
 
Walking towards Taemin, I took the the pile of clothes and threw them to the floor.
 
"Yah! What are you doing?" Jonghyun literally shrieked as I rolled my eyes and began to work through the clothes he had picked out.
 
I mixed and matched the different piece until I came to a pair of white straight jeans and a denim style button up shirt.
 
"Wear these with a black belt and your black boots. Accessories are optional but if you spike your hair slightly, it'll go well with the outfit" I sighed, pushing the clothing into Jonghyun's arms.
 
Looking down at the clothes I had picked out, it only took him 5 seconds until he looked back up at with with a beaming smile on his face.
 
"This is why I needed you here. I would have never though of that by myself" Jonghyun said as I rolled my eyes and nodded my head.
 
"By the way, Jonghyun. While I was making my way back here from the ground floor kitchen, I think I ran into your Appa?" Onew said almost as if he was asking a question, although I don't blame him.
 
Jonghyun's parents were away from home more often than my own, although it was to be expected because of thei job.
 
Jonghyun shook his head though after taking in what Onew had said.
 
"That's impossable. My parent's are in Japan right now and won't be back for another 4 weeks" Jonghyun informed him as Onew shrugged his shoulders.
 
"It's what I saw"
 
Jonghyun looked at me questioningly, almost as if he thought I would have the answer.
 
I quickly shrugged my shoulders and held up a hand.
 
"As much I'd love to stay and join your hunt to track down your Appa and this rediculously sized house, I think I'm going to get home. Good luck for tomorrow" I said as Jonghyu hheaved out a sigh and nodded his head in acceptance.
 
Saying my goodbye to Taemin, Onew and the oblivious Minho, I left Jonghyun's room and house before starting to make my way home on foot.
 
-
 
-
 
-
 
Sundays were peaceful.
 
I could have a sleep in and not worry about one single thing and with Jonghyun and Hyoli having a date today, there was no way Taemin, Minho or Onew were going to come here and drag me out of bed.
 
I had all the time in the world just to lay under the blankets of my soft bed and peacfully dream.
 
...Well, that's what I thought until I heard the irritating sound of my handphone ringing from my bedside table.
 
I groaned out loud and searched around the desk for my phone, not bothering to open my eyes.
 
If I happened to miss the call then so be it.
 
If the caller really needed me then they'd ring me back anyway.
 
By the 5th ring, my hand had found my phone and pulled it underneath the blankets so I could take the call.
 
"Hello" I asked, my voice sounding gruff from the early morning wake up call.
 
"Key, is that you?" Asked the familiar voice of a frantic Jonghyun.
 
It as too early to handle such a Jonghyun.
 
"What do you want?" I groaned some more, my eyes remaining closed.
 
"I need you to help me out"
 
"I already told you what to wear" I complained as I heard Jonghyun sigh on the other side of the phone.
 
"That's not what I need help with. Listen, what Onew said yesterday about seeing my Appa. Well, he wasn't seeing things. My Appa got back last night and he is pissed at me right now. He found out early this morning about my Baby being ruined from the car wash. And although it's entirely your fault, my Appa thinks that it would be a good idea to take me into the main branch today so I remember the responsibility I'll be taking on in the future when the company get's passed down to me. It's all so stupid but I can't go against my old man. I need you to meet Hyoli and her Halmoni for me instead and explain to her why I can't make it. I'd do it myself but I can't bring myself to cancel on her over the phone"
 
"Are you kidding me? Just call her" I hissed but Jonghyun was having none of it.
 
"It was going to be my first date with Hyoli today. I don't want our kids to know that their Appa cancelled on their Umma on the very first date. What sort of example will that set for them?"
 
"Jonghyun, I''m going to stop you right there just so I can tell you how much of an idiot you are"
 
"It's not like you don't know Hyoli and it won't take long. You're just going to take her to look at cars. What's the worst that could happen?"
 
"I don't know the first thing about cars" I complained as Jonghyun heaved out another sigh.
 
"Come on Key, you know I'd do the same for you in this type of situation...Please?"
 
Allowing his words to sink in, I found myself heaving out my own sigh which annoyed me.
 
The reason I annoyed was because Jonghyun had also heard that sigh and he knew what it meant.
 
"Thanks dude. I owe you one. I've got to go. I was supposed to be meeting Hyoli and her Halmoni at their house so just go there for 10am, got it?"
 
"I got it. Now go away" I growled before hanging up on him in annoyance.
 
So much for my peaceful Sunday
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Before I forget, i was just wondering if any of my readers felt like they would like more of a back story to any of the minor characters?
Any questions and what-not. I'm open to suggestions XD
Just let me know x