Chapter 1

P H O B I A

 

[Key’s POV]
 
“This neck tie is too tight” I hissed as I pulled at the fabric that was wrapped around my neck as one of my best friend’s, Minho laughed at my very bad attempt at loosening it.
 
“I told you not to let your Umma tie it for you” 
 
I groaned remembering my Umma nearly breaking down into tears as she did my tie for me this morning while asking me not to do anything that could get me expelled from this new school. 
 
It really wasn’t my fault I got kicked out of the first 2 high schools that I was sent to though. The 1st school had a gym teacher that tried to hit on me and yes, that said teacher was male. It was only natural that I hit him. The 2nd school I was sent to just didn’t understand me and in my defense, the walls looked so much better after under going my make over, but I guess some people just don‘t see my talent for decorating.
 
Anyway, all of that’s in the past now and I’m finally in a school where I actually feel like I belong. Half the reason for this is because I was now attending the high school where all my closest friends from middle school attend.
 
Choi Minho, Kim Jonghyun, Lee Taemin and me.
 
Lee Jinki would be here if he hadn’t already graduated but we still see him all the time. Jonghyun had been held back a year while Minho and I were right on course when it came to school. Taemin was the boy genius who skipped a few grades and who would now be graduating with his 3 Hyungs.  
 
All was right with the world once again, well everything except for this damn tie around my neck.
 
I groaned still tugging at it but it seemed to only get tighter.
 
I glared at Minho slightly who sat at the desk next to mine as we waited for the teacher to arrive who apparently always arrived late according to Minho. I growled in annoyance before completely taking the tie off from around my neck and stuffing it in my bag which sat at my feet.
 
I could see the small smirk on Minho’s lips from my actions as I tried to remain calm. Having him sat there entertained by my annoyance only made my blood boil more.
 
I sat back in my seat and listened to the sounds of the classroom.
 
Girl’s gossiping, mostly about me and how I was ever so close to Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun. 
 
Apparently while I was in another high school beating up erted/gay teachers, my friends had made names for themselves here and somehow managed to become the 3 most wanted guys in this joint. 
 
WHAT?
 
MY friends were the hottest guys in school?
 
Puh-lease, it took me 2 whole months to convince Jonghyun that it is not hygienic to wear the same pair of boxers for 1 whole week at a time and that Minho needs to shower EVERY time he plays soccer because B.O isn‘t passed down through family and he will smell if he doesn‘t wash frequently.
 
And Taemin, Well Taemin is young so he’s too cute to be called hot anyway.
 
I let out a sigh as I heard my dearest friend Taemin softly snoring behind me as his head lay face flat on his desk. Not exactly his most attractive look but girl’s thought it was ‘hot‘.
 
I rest my head in the palm of my hand as my elbow sat upon my desk when the classroom door suddenly flung open, slamming against the wall behind it which then made Taemin jump up from his slumber.
 
“Jonghyun Hyung, is it really necessary to kick the door open. That’s what the handle is there for” Taemin complained rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and the drool from the corner of his mouth causing the girls in the classroom to squeal loudly. 
 
Jonghyun walked towards us and sat at his desk in front of Minho’s with a bright smile on his face.
 
“What are you so happy about?” Minho questioned folding his arms as he leaned forward on his desk to watch Jonghyun’s grin widen.
 
“Hyung, you’re scaring me” Taemin commented as Jonghyun just laughed before confessing to why he was so happy this early in the morning.
 
“She rejected again” Jonghyun proclaimed so only Taemin, Minho and I would hear. I raised my eyebrows up questioningly as Taemin let out a laugh and Minho nodded his head slowly seeming to understand what Jonghyun meant.
 
Were they speaking in code or something so I wouldn‘t understand?
 
“I don’t understand” I spoke up as Jonghyun turned to be and smiled, as if noticing me for the first time although I knew for a fact he knew I was there. He was the one who showed me to this classroom before saying he had something to do and left me in the empty classroom until Minho and Taemin showed up.
 
“He’s talking about Park Hyoli. She’s his little crush”
 
“She’s my future wife” Jonghyun corrected.
 
“Only he hasn’t asked her out yet” Taemin smirked as Jonghyun glared at him slightly.
 
I turned to Jonghyun with a raised eyebrow.
 
“Since when did you have a problem with asking girls out?” I questioned as Minho chuckled before turning to me.
 
“This one’s different. She’s not only the most wanted girl in school because of her beauty. It’s impossible to get even a date out of her because she rejects every guy who tries to get close. Hence the reason why Jonghyun is having trouble with asking her out” Minho explained as I nodded my head slowly trying to imagine such a girl that would reject Jonghyun.
 
Jonghyun had always been good when it came to girls and never once was he rejected, at least from what I can remember.
 
“I’ve tried talking to her once but she completely brushed me off. But then again a lot of girls usually have trouble talking to me. I don’t know if you guys know this but I’m quite the ladies man” Jonghyun said with a smug smile playing on his lips.
 
“The reason that girl’s find it so hard to talk to you is because half the time your tongue is already down their throat” Taemin pointed out, earning a high five from Minho.
 
“You say that as if it’s a bad thing” 
 
I laughed watching the youngest and the oldest of the 4 of us begin a glaring battle until I cut in.
 
“If you’re having trouble talking to her then how about I talk to her for you. I can be your wing man or something?” I questioned as Jonghyun broke his eye contact with Taemin to look at me.
 
Tilting his head to the side he asked “Do you think that’d work?”
 
“Well you’ve already tried talking to her face to face and she ignored you. You’ve already lost your pride so what else have you got to lose? Besides, you may be quite the ladies man but sometimes you come on a bit too strong where as I will be very calm and subtle about it so she won‘t be scared off” I explained as Jonghyun thought for a second before a smile broke out on his face.
 
“You’re awesome”
 
“Tell me something I don’t know” I smirked swivelling around in my seat when the classroom door opened.
 
In walked a middle aged man who seemed to be in his 40’s judging by the bawled patch on the crown of his head with a girl around our age at his side.
 
She quickly walked past him and took a seat on the opposite side of the classroom from where we were sat.
 
Jonghyun slyly pointed at her frantically while hissing at me.
 
“That’s her, That’s her” 
 
My eyes narrowed on the girl that had just entered the classroom. Her deep brown eyes where so deep that even from where I sat I felt I could drown in them. Her brown long hair fell past her shoulder’s and around her small slim frame.
 
I stared at her, frozen at the sight of her when her eyes suddenly made contact with my own.
 
Quickly turning around in my seat to face the front of the class I cursed silently to myself.
 
Is it bad that I’m already attracted to the girl that I just agreed to help my best friend date?