Homeless

Just To Keep this Love Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

I woke up early and prepared for a trip. I filed a leave from work and I’m glad that my boss approved it without any question. It is September 30 and I guess I will consider this as one of my official holiday. I walk fast as I approach the train station. The train going to Busan is about to leave in 15 minutes time. I was able to find a comfortable seat. After 3 hours and a half, I finally reached my destination.  I went uphill and settled myself in a lawn. I kneeled down to give respect and my prayers to my parents. Yes, it’s exactly 2 years when omma and appa died from that tragic incident. I clearly remember how that painful event changed my life.

Flashback

“That’s the list of the bombing victim, and I’m sorry to say that your parents didn’t make it, their lifeless bodies are already found, we will do everything to help and we already arrange how we can get them back.”

“No, it is not true! That can’t happen, my parents they are not dead. Please Officer Lee please tell me this is not the official. Please double check the report. Maybe there’s a way we can find out.” Please Officer Lee, I’m begging, tell me it’s not my parents.” I cried as the girls hugged me.

“Please they can’t die, they can’t leave me alone. They promise they will be back. Omma, Appa” as I continue crying not minding if I look miserable at that moment.

“Unnie, please calm down, we are here for you!” Eunjie said as she started wiping her own tears.

“Yes, Chorong Unnie you have to be strong, for your Omma and Appa.” Namjoo told me.

“Ms. Park, the report we got is the official report from Japan, after ensuring that the place is cleared they immediately search just in case there are survivors. But the damage of bombing is really severe that it has to stop the airlines operations. But they assured that they will provide assistance to the family of the victims” Officer Lee explained.

“So, how long should we expect for the transport of their remains?”  Bomi asked.

“That one, we still have to check, but will do our best to you update as soon as possible.”

My mind is still clouded; I remained quiet until the time my parents’ remains arrived. I seldom talk and just cry silently. There was lot of people who attended the funeral service. Of course they said all good things about them. There were prominent people who were present and some people I barely know.

“Unnie, why don’t you eat first, I see that you’re not eating anything since last night.” Hayoung told me with her concerned look.

“You might fell sick due to stress and poor nutrition Unnie” Naeun added.

“I just have no appetite.” I said to them blankly.

During the whole time my friends were there to comfort and support me, they never leave my side until the burial ceremony. Even though two years had passed everything is cleared in my memory.  My parents were both very vocal that they would like to be buried in our hometown in Busan. I remember that day how gloomy the atmosphere was. I became very emotional that I find it really hard to breath already, though my friends were there, I never felt so alone in my whole life, that I had actually wish to die also. When the last prayer was said, the wind blows and started to downpour really hard. It is like that heaven is crying with me.

***

I had decided to go on with my life and try my best to go back with my daily routine. My friends stayed with me and supported me all the way. I slowly recovered from being lost even though I missed my parents so much. As I strived leading a normal life a sudden event occurred that totally made me decide to change my plans drastically. I reached home early after school; I immediately change into comfortable clothes to continue working on a school project. It is exactly one month after my parents died, as much as I want to visit their grave, I cannot afford it due to my demanding schedule and school activities.

 I was to focus doing research when our household help, Namkyung Ajhumma told me that I have a visitor. I went down stair excitedly with a thought that it might be a university friend but I’m bit awkward when I learned that the visitor is actually a bank representative.

“Good afternoon, you must be Park Chorong shi? I’m Ms. Dong Yu, I work for Bank of Korea.” as the stranger extend her hand.

“Yes, Ms. Yu, wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter