New Life

Just To Keep this Love Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV

United State of America to the belief of many is the land of dream, even before on my younger years it is part of my bucket list to at least visit the place for a vacation. But I guess luck is on my side because I was not only given the opportunity to actually live here and to study as well in my dream university.  Well I would like to think that it is not luck alone that brought me here but maybe my hard works already paid off.

The first 2 months was a bit hard for me, since the place is totally new to me. If not with Yura I guess I will return to Korea since I already miss the place.  It is Yura who had encouraged me to continue and she had helped me a lot during the period of adjustment.  She made me realized how lucky I’m to be in this place since many people would trade everything just to be like me.

My life here in US, had become easier when my parents decided to migrate here also. Although they choose to live on the other state it is a relief that our distance is not continent apart. During holidays I would just visit them and stay over to their place and live normally the Korean way.

Now were on semester break and Yura planned to have her vacation in Paris. Of course she insisted me to come along, but I had made a promise that I’ll visit omma and appa. Our place in Connecticut is a typical American home but my omma had actually injected a bit of our Korean style. Our place has a very homey feel, right from the time you step in the front yard up to the foods my omma serves in the dinning. Omma made all of there not to make us feel nostalgic but to remind us always our Korean roots.

That night I arrived just in time for dinner. Like any dinner, omma would of course serve traditional Korean dishes…like kimchi, bulgogi, bibimbap, kongnamul, Samgyeopsal and others you name it. It is not that these foods are not served here; it is just that nothing beats the authentic and my omma’s cooking.

After our sumptuous dinner and listening to my omma’s chatter; I decided to go to my room to sleep my eyes were getting heavy right from the time I got off the plane. It is just that I can’t resist the dishes omma’s had prepare and I missed my parents a lot. Not long after I lie on my bed I drifted to sleep. This is my true home, with my family.

I woke up from the knock at my door as I heard omma’s voice “Luhan are you awake, it’s time for breakfast.” I got up immediately and headed at the dining area after freshen up. This time omma prepared an American breakfast. My family keeps the tradition, way back in Korea we are required to eat together in every meal unlike here it’s very typical that I would it alone most of the time. “Son, I know you don’t have enough sleep, but we really missed you having around.” Omma blurted as she poured the orange juice. “Omma, that’s no big deal, I can go back to sleep later and beside I missed you and appa also your cooking’s.” I assured her. “Yeobo, see it’s only Luhan who compliment my cooking.” As she darted a teasing look to my appa. “Yah, honey you know, I love everything that you prepared for us, it is just that I’m speechless because everything is so delicious, right Luhan?” as my oppa throw a wink at me. “Of course appa, omma is the best.”I seconded.

“Like father like son, you two really know how to sweet talk.” She exclaimed with a pout as she continued placing food on our plate.

My oppa, suddenly stand up and kiss omma’s cheek. “Yah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter