We Are Always One

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(30 September 2014) NOTICE: Please read this.
(2 October 2014) NOTICE: Please read this.

WE ARE ALWAYS ONE
(TaengSic)
OST: Divine
*You have to play the OST for this story

 

Jessica's body shook while she sat on the floor of her room as she sobbed, hugging her knees to her chest. She wasn't ready for this, and she wondered if she will ever be. Just a few hours ago, the girl she had wished to seek comfort in had stomped out of her room angrily. She was alone. All alone. She bit on her lower lip, despite how badly her lips were shaking. But no, she couldn't stop crying. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." She constantly repeated to herself. The light on her phone which was lying on the floor beside her showed the last message she had sent to that girl, together with the regret, pain, and sadness that she had so badly wanted to leave behind.

Taeyeon on the other hand sat in her car, her left elbow resting on the window ledge. Her teeth gently bit the knuckle of her left index finger. She didn't make a sound, neither did she move an inch. But without warning, she felt moisture on her left hand. Those tears that fell from her eyes carried so much hurt. Similarly, the screen of her phone which was on the passenger seat was lit, and the same message was shown on her phone.

"Taengoo I'm sorry... I never thought things would become like this... I know you'll never forgive me... But I just want you to know that I never stopped loving you and I never will no matter what. I know you won't believe me... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... Thank you for those times... I love you Taeng..."

Tears flowed down her cheeks even more mercilessly than before, and she finally detached her knuckle from her teeth, before she used all her strength to hit the steering wheel with her right palm instead. The first sound of her crying filled her car as both of her hands secured the top of the steering wheel while she leaned her head on those hands, her body trembling like never before.

 

Jessica had been crying for hours, and she had finally run out of tears. What was the point of crying? She asked herself. With puffy eyes, she pulled on a hoodie as she made her way downstairs. She could do with a walk and some fresh air. Maybe, she would get knocked down by a car and all those would be gone. She dejectedly took the first few steps out of her house, but those tears that she thought were gone came back almost immediately. She would recognise that car any time, that car that she thought she would never get a chance to see again. Yet, it was right in front of her, so was the person she was dying to see. She could only stand rooted to the ground while she stared at the car.

The owner of the car had no intention to greet her as she waited for her to get onto the car, but when the girl didn't do so, she finally turned to look at her, although with pain-filled eyes which could bore right into the girl. Jessica caught the hint, and she took hesitant steps towards the car. The girl in the car had looked away the moment she saw that her message was conveyed. However, Jessica stood right outside of the car, not daring to open the door.

"Get in," Taeyeon said emotionlessly, without sparing a look at the girl at all.

Jessica swallowed her saliva, hoping that she could do the same with her tears as well, as she opened the door and took a seat before she closed the door. None of them said anything for a while. Taeyeon had many things that she had wanted to say, but all of a sudden, she didn't know why there was nothing that she could say. She knew she had to say something, after appearing at Jessica's house like that.

"You-"

"Taeyeon ah..." Taeyeon's words were cut short by Jessica and she turned to look at the girl in surprise, before she turned away yet again, not wanting to face the girl. Or was it that she unable to look at her? She didn't know.

"Let me say my piece." Taeyeon chose not to let the girl interrupt her.

"Mmm," Jessica replied, with absolutely no intentions of doing anything else except to let Taeyeon have her way.

"We..." Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter