I'll Make It Up To You Tonight

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU TONIGHT
(TaengSic)

 

Taeyeon sits in front of her computer in her room, staring at her half completed lyrics while biting her index finger with her front teeth. Inspiration doesn’t get to her no matter how hard she stares at the screen. She frowns, frustrated.

 

However, her frown eases when the sound of someone sniffling reaches her ear. Slightly shocked, she turns her head towards the door and sees the 5-year-old entering her room, crying. Taeyeon immediately slides her ergonomic chair backwards and swivels round in her seat and the little girl takes the hint, slowly making her way towards Taeyeon.

 

“Aigoo Yebin ah what happened?” Taeyeon asks as the girl named Yebin reaches her, and she holds those little hands in hers. Still crying, Yebin shakes her head, keeping her head hanging low. Taeyeon furrows her eyebrows while she looks up for a moment, wondering if it has anything to do with the girl next door. She only lets out a sigh, before she looks back down at Yebin. “Tell me, what’s wrong?” When Yebin still refuses to say anything, Taeyeon purses her lips, and then she asks, “Did Jessica say something to you?” At the mention of Jessica’s name, Yebin finally looks up at Taeyeon, and she slightly nods with tears in her eyes. “What did she say?” Taeyeon asks again.

 

“She…” Yebin hiccups from the crying, and Taeyeon has to suppress the urge to laugh. “She told me not to bother her…”

 

Taeyeon narrows her eyes. “She said that?”

 

Yebin nods again, and Taeyeon bites her lower lips, trying to think of something. In the end, Taeyeon only sighs before she turns to her computer, shutting down all her applications, and then opening a vocabulary game. Taeyeon stands up as the game boots. Without difficulty, she carries Yebin up and settles her into the chair.

 

“Don’t mind her. Play the computer, okay?” Taeyeon smiles as she caresses the little girl’s hair. When Yebin finally smiles, Taeyeon feels a sense of relief. She makes sure that Yebin is engrossed in the game, and then she leaves the room.

 

Standing outside Jessica’s room, she hesitates for a moment before she opens the door. Jessica is standing in front of her bookshelf, reading some documents in her hand. She frowns upon Taeyeon’s entrance.

 

“Do you not know how to knock?”

 

Taeyeon senses the tension in Jessica’s voice, but she says nothing as she closes the door behind her. She makes her way to Jessica’s bed before she sits herself down on the edge of the bed, just a few steps away from where Jessica is standing at.

 

“Ya Kim Tae—”

 

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon doesn’t wait for Jessica to complete her sentence as she interrupts her, looking straight into her eyes. Jessica is taken aback by her sudden questi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter