I'm Ready When You Are

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'M READY WHEN YOU ARE
(TaengSic ft. TaeNy, 2Ny JungSis)
OST: Girls' Generation-TTS - Cater 2 U (Acoustic version)

 

She sits leaning against the tree, protected from the sun's blinding rays. She smiles as she closes her eyes. Peace. She feels peace. Her eyes spring open when she hears a familiar jingling sound followed by hurried footsteps.

"GINGER! I SAID COME H— Ya Jung Sooyeon so here you are. I was wondering where did you go to early in the morning," Taeyeon complains, crossing her arms. Jessica only grins at the girl before she carries the toy poodle and nuzzles the dog's nose with her own before she affectionately lets the dog settle into her embrace. Unable to hold back a smile, Taeyeon uncrosses her arms as she takes a seat beside Jessica. "So... Why are you up this early?" She drops the girl a gentle look, but the girl doesn't look back at her.

Instead, Jessica shakes her head while she smiles. Taeyeon narrows her eyes and she nudges Jessica with her elbow. "What?" Jessica finally replies, a look of annoyance meets Taeyeon's playful eyes.

Taeyeon bites her lower lip, blinking several times while she thinks. Exhaling deeply, her eyes fall to the black furkid in Jessica's arms and almost instinctively, she picks the dog right out of the girl's arms before she sets it down. "Run along Ginger. Shoo." She pats the furkid's bottom and it sends its owners a look before it goes chasing after a butterfly.

"Okay... So, how can I help you Ms Kim?" Jessica asks sarcastically as she raises her eyebrow. Taeyeon only shakes her head. The slightly younger girl feels frustration building up. "Seriously, what?"

Knowing not to annoy the girl further, Taeyeon looks at Jessica with determined eyes. "How can I help you, Sica?"

It doesn't help, because Jessica's frown deepens. "I'm just sitting here. Do I look like I need any help?"

Taeyeon leans in and lands a peck on Jessica's lips without warning and it surprises the girl. With Jessica staring at her, Taeyeon suddenly finds her ears heating up and she looks away. It is only when Jessica chuckles that Taeyeon brings herself to look at the girl once more. "What?"

"I'm fine Taengoo. Don't be worried about me." So Jessica knew that Taeyeon was worried about her.

"I can't help it. It's barely ten. You're rarely awake at this time and suddenly you're out here alone. You aren't usually like that unless you're really upset—" Taeyeon doesn't get to finish her sentence.

"Or happy, maybe?" Jessica's response obviously surprises Taeyeon.

"H-huh...?"

Jessica reaches out to her side which Taeyeon isn't at. She pulls out something small, and Taeyeon's eyes widen. The Girls' Generation ring. Taeyeon's eyes travel from the ring and then back to Jessica. "I miss those times, you know?"

This time, Taeyeon looks away. "It's been a year."

"Four years for me, mind you." Taeyeon narrows her eyes at Jessica who shrugs at her teasingly.

"You think it was easy for us to manage all your parts?"

"Okay okay I was only kidding. Don't get mad at me leader-nim." Jessica throws her hands up in surrender and Taeyeon rolls her eyes. She then lets out a breath, before she continues, "But all's fine now, isn't it? That's quite the reason why you found me here."

"What?"

"I was just thinking—" Jessica pauses, bliss obvious in her eyes, "—what would I do if I didn't have you girls."

"All those times those people called us bullies for forcing you out."

"Taeyeon ah for the last time I really thought that you guys forced me out."

"Why in the world will we ever force you out? Is your brain damaged?"

"Well... You were mad at me for a few years... Why would I not think so..." Jessica complains under her breath.

"Don't think that I didn't hear that."

"I meant for you to hear it anyway..."

"Fany chose to sing 'Cater 2 U' only because she hoped that you would get it. Didn't you get it?"

"Oh. 'Cattle' to you?" Jessica teases, earning a glare from Taeyeon, and she drops her grin. "Sorry. But... 'Cater' though, not 'cattle'."

"Gosh I hate you." Taeyeon stands up, wanting to leave. However, Jessica holds her back with a tug on her hand. Taeyeon stops. With another gentle tug, Taeyeon complies as she sits down beside Jes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter