What Are We Gonna Do Now?

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW
(TaengSic)
OST: Jason Walker - Down

 

Taeyeon stares at her laptop as she gently bites the inside of her cheek. She keeps her eyes fixed on the screen, almost scrolling non-stop. She’s slowly finding it hard to ease the frown on her face. When the door of her room opens without warning, she slams the cover down in shock as she turns to look towards the door.

 

“Hey Taeye—” Jessica’s words fade, just like the smile on her face. “What were you doing?” She asks instead, before she closes the door behind her.

 

Taeyeon doesn’t answer even as Jessica walks to her front. She only stares with slightly agape. Jessica’s eyes travel from Taeyeon to the laptop where the girl still has her hand on. Diverting her vision back to the older girl, Jessica narrows her eyes.

 

“What were you doing?” She asks again, and this time, Taeyeon can sense the unhappiness in that voice. She knows better than to stay quiet again.

 

“I was just…” She tries to think something up, but Jessica sees right through it. Still, Jessica says nothing as she waits for Taeyeon’s answer. A thought comes to Taeyeon at that moment. She puts on her best act as a smile creeps up on her face. “You know… I was watching…that.”

 

ography? Jessica almost laughs. Not a happy kind of laugh. Rather, a who-are-you-trying-to-kid kind of laugh. The laugh fades almost immediately — an obvious hint that Jessica was only being sarcastic. A nervous expression is slowly taking over Taeyeon’s face as she looks into Jessica’s eyes.

 

“Really?” Jessica asks. She sits herself down on Taeyeon’s bed, right beside the chair where Taeyeon is sitting on. “Let’s watch it together then.” Jessica reaches out for the cover but Taeyeon holds it tightly in place.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Taeyeon stutters.

 

“Watching it together? What else?” Jessica answers nonchalantly as she attempts to open the cover.

 

Taeyeon, however, doesn’t release her death grip on her laptop. “What do you mean w-watching it together? Stop kidding Sica ya…” Taeyeon’s tone takes on a change as she pleads.

 

“Let go.” Jessica’s tone changes as well, exactly like how Taeyeon fears.

 

Taeyeon swallows her saliva, obviously hesitant about listening to Jessica. “I really wasn’t doing anything…”

 

Jessica doesn’t reply immediately. Instead, she stares emotionlessly into Taeyeon’s helpless eyes, and then, very coldly, she simply calls out, “Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon has lost the game. She knows it very well. She lets out a soft sigh as she furrows her eyebrows. Almost reluctantly, she lifts her hand off the laptop.

 

Jessica slightly rolls her eyes before she opens the lid.

 

“ㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗ”

 

“”

 

“”

 

“U r the ugliest i’ve ever seen. U should just leave the group.”

 

“Taeyeon, do you know how selfish you are? He has only debuted for 2 years and you just had to do this to him. Thanks to a selfish like you, our oppa has to suffer. Go to hell!”

 

Jessica can’t bring herself to read those comments further. She clenches her jaw as she closes her eyes. Then, with a loud thud, she slams the lid down. She takes a deep breath before she opens her eyes again.

 

“I told you to stop reading all this trash, didn’t I?” Jessica doesn’t have to look at Taeyeon for the girl to know how upset she is right at this moment.

 

“I didn’t—” Taeyeon pauses for a moment, and then she sighs. “I didn’t look them up on purpose… I just chanced upon one of them and then…” She looks at Jessica, hoping to seek her understanding, but Jessica doesn’t look back at her. “I get it… I won’t read them again.”

 

The disappointment doesn’t leave Jessica’s eyes and for a brief second, hurt flashes across those eyes. She suddenly stands up, much to Taeyeon’s surprise.

 

“Do what you want.” With those words, Jessica turns to leave.

 

“No Sica ya. Sooyeon ah!” Taeyeon stands up as well. “Sic—” The name cuts off abruptly as Taeyeon finds herself watching Jessica walk right out of the room.

 

Letting out a huge sigh, Taeyeon barely lands herself on the bed when Tiffany enters her room. “Are you two okay?” She asks while pointing her thumb towards the door.

 

“Ah I don’t know,” Taeyeon whines, letting herself fall backward onto her bed.

 

 

 

“Jessi something’s wrong with my iPad! Can you come take a look?!” Tiffany shouts from Taeyeon and Sunny’s room.

 

It doesn’t take long for Jessica to appear in that room for the second time that day with an obvious look of annoyance. “What?” She asks, impatient.

 

“The camera. I was trying to take a picture and then the screen went crazy,” Tiffany explains, while Taeyeon steals a look at Jessica.

 

Jessica frowns as she starts working on the iPad. While Jessica busies herself with the device, Taeyeon keeps stealing glances, and without the two of them noticing, Tiffany quietly makes her way out of the room.

 

The camera on Tiffany’s iPad starts up and Jessica mindlessly takes a photo. It works. The screen is completely fine. Getting even more annoyed than before, she turns to complain. “Isn’t the screen comple—” Her words stop short when she notices that the door that should have been left open is now closed. She doesn’t know why, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter