Love Is A Really Difficult Word

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LOVE IS A REALLY DIFFICULT WORD
(TaengSic)
OST: Taeyang - This Ain't It

 

"Love is a really difficult word."

That was how Tiffany had answered her question. But is it, really? Taeyeon isn't sure. She sits at her desk in her room as she spins the pen in her hand skillfully. She does that for a minute or two, before the pen flies off her hand, landing beside her phone. Her line of sight follows the pen, and then to the phone. She stares at the phone absent-mindedly. Almost magically, the screen lights up with an incoming call. Princess Jung, it says. Taeyeon's hand acts on behalf of her, picking up the call immediately.

"Hello...?" Taeyeon has no idea why she's sounding so uncertain.

"Kim Taeng! It's me." Came the bubbly reply. Taeyeon can't help but to smile. She always smiles when she hears that voice.

"I know." Taeyeon's tone is calm, but if anyone is attentive enough, they will be able to notice the hint of happiness in that voice.

"What are you doing?"

"Well... Nothing."

A laugh is heard through the phone, and it makes Taeyeon smile even wider than before. "You're such a sloth, Taeyeon ah."

Taeyeon lets out a not-so-annoyed breath before she stands up and plops herself down on the bed. "I didn't choose the sloth life. The sloth life chose me."

The line goes silent for a while, but Taeyeon isn't surprised. She closes her eyes. In her head, she is imagining Jessica narrowing her eyes. She misses that girl so much. Almost a minute later, the other end speaks up, "I'm hanging up."

"Hey hey hey hey Jung Sooyeon. Don't you dare," Taeyeon warns, albeit with a smile on her face. A laughter that sounds through the receiver makes her laugh too.

"I miss you." The sudden confession takes the smile off Taeyeon's face, her heart fluttering for a reason she knows not of.

"Sica ya," Taeyeon doesn't tell her that she misses her too. Instead, she asks, "Do you wanna go for a drive?"

"Now?" Jessica sounds surprised.

"Right now."

"Call*."

"I'll get you in thirty minutes."

"Got it. Counting down right now."

"What the hell?! Okay bye."

"See you in a while baby face."

 

The breeze blows gently on the two girls' faces. The car's top is down. The two girls are leaning on their backrests which are lowered significantly, their eyes closed.

"It's good. It's so good," Jessica comments, breaking the silence.

"My sentiments exactly," Taeyeon replies. It's good because you're here with me, she thinks. But, she doesn't say it.

"Do you do this often? Driving out late at night?"

"Maybe?"

"Alone?"

"Most of the time."

"When it's not most of the time?"

Taeyeon's eyes open and she looks at the almost clear sky above her. She thinks for a moment, and her best friend's face pops up in her mind. "Tiffany."

Jessica is slightly surprised, but she conceals it almost effortlessly. She opens , wanting to say something, but she doesn't know how, so she closes it again. They stay quiet for a while, and then unexpectedly, Jessica says, "It must be good."

Taeyeon's eyebrows furrow, and she turns to look at Jessica, but Jessica doesn't move from her position, nor open her eyes. "What?" Taeyeon asks. "What's good?"

This time, Jessica's eyes open, staring at the sky like how Taeyeon did not too long ago. She smiles gently, but Taeyeon can't feel any happiness from that smile. It feels...sad. "This."

Taeyeon doesn't ask further. She looks away from Jessica an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter