Goodbye

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GOODBYE
(TaengSic)
OST: Ailee - 이제는안녕 (Goodbye Now)

 

Jessica blinks a couple of times. How can it be? How can it be that Taeyeon is standing right in front of her at this very instant? She can’t even bring herself to call out that name.

 

Taeyeon takes a step forward, and Jessica unknowingly takes a step backward. Then, Taeyeon stops. Jessica finds herself unable to breathe. She isn’t sad to see that face, neither is she happy about it — that same face that she prayed days and nights to be able to see again. Taeyeon locks her eyes with Jessica, before she daringly takes another step forward. Magically, the girl stands frozen this time round, not taking her eyes off the approaching girl.

 

Taeyeon keeps taking steps, until she is barely half a metre away from the girl before her. Tears start to well up on their own, as the reflection of a teary-eyed Jessica appears in Taeyeon’s eyes. Taeyeon raises her slightly trembling hand, before it gently closes in on Jessica’s cheek.

 

“How have you been…?” The shaky words escape Taeyeon’s lips, and she slowly lowers her hand.

 

“Taeyeon…” Jessica doesn’t answer her question. Blinking once more, helpless tears flow down Jessica’s cheeks.

 

Taeyeon laughs, but her eyes show no signs of happiness. “I’m asking you…how have you been.”

 

“Not good. Not good at all,” Jessica answers this time round.

 

Taeyeon laughs yet again, and she looks away. “Me too.” Taeyeon’s words are almost inaudible, but Jessica hears them clearly, and she doesn’t understand a single bit. Ten months ago, Taeyeon left her, claiming that Jessica had developed feelings for her that was more than that of just best friends. Taeyeon insisted that it made her uncomfortable, and they should call it quits. Jessica tried to explain, but her explanations went unheard. In just a minute, they went from lover-like best friends to something worse than strangers.

 

“If you left me just like that… If I was such a bother… Shouldn’t you be living well?” Jessica speaks her mind. She doesn’t hold back, and Taeyeon looks back at her, surprised. “What do you mean ‘me too’? Do you even know how hard it was for me all this time?” Jessica tries to keep her volume down, when all she wants to do is to scream and shout at the person before her.

 

Taeyeon stares into those hurt-filled eyes for a moment longer, and she swallows her saliva while tears roll down her cheeks. “I know.” She slightly nods her head. “I know,” Taeyeon repeats herself.

 

Jessica lets out a bitter laugh, looking away for a moment before she glares at Taeyeon. “You know? What do you know?” Jessica’s voice is getting louder. “Do you know how much you mean to me? Do you know how many nights I spent, crying myself to sleep, blaming myself for ruining all that we had? Do you now how much I wish I had cared just a little less? Do you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter