I Can Do Better

Fly, Karma Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I CAN DO BETTER
(TaengSic)
OST: After School - 손목시계 (Wristwatch)

 

Taeyeon sat at her desk in her study alone. She had many thoughts. Happy ones, sad ones, regretful ones, angry ones...and so on. In all of those thoughts, there wasn't one without Jessica in it. Her eyes drifted off to the photo of them on her desk, and then to the wall not far away from her which was filled with columns and columns of collage frames with more of their photos. She smiled slightly, before she closed her eyes, listening to the rain falling outside.

Taeyeon's smile faded, and sadness took over as she opened her eyes. Endless scenes of them quarreling were starting to fill up her mind, and she furrowed her eyebrows without herself knowing.

"Have you ever spared a thought for my feelings? Have you ever thought about how I would feel?"

"What feelings? I was like this before we got together. It's just my way of communicating with others. Why are you finding it a problem now?"

"I just... I... I don't like you being so touchy towards anyone, and I mean anyone, you talk to. Is there a need to do that?"

"Gosh Kim Taeyeon! Am I that unworthy of your trust? It's the same as you and Steph, and if I can understand that, why can't you?"

"I can't because I'm only like this towards Fany and Sunny, but you're like this to everyone!"

Jessica let out an annoyed breath. "You know what? Forget it. I don't wish to talk about this any more."

Taeyeon couldn't find a sufficient reason for her to act like that then. Jessica wasn't wrong. Taeyeon indeed knew that Jessica was only being herself, and that she had genuinely treated everyone else as friends. Taeyeon knew very well too, that she was all that mattered to Jessica. She didn't know why she acted that way. She wished that she didn't.

"Taengoo, I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell me what's going on."

"Nothing."

"Nothing? This is the last time I'm gonna ask you, Kim Taeyeon."

"I said it was nothing."

"Then why does Steph know every ing thing while I don't know a single thing?!"

Taeyeon was silly like that. She swore that she would be there for Jessica any time the girl needed her, yet, when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter