Project - Start!

Saving You

Hana

“Okay, I know that it’s about that time of year that colds are going around, but honestly, do you have to keep coughing when there is nothing to cough up?” the lecturer had finally snapped, after an hour of some -wipe coughing for no reason.

There is silence and he turns back to his slides, I continue my notes, of what even I am unsure, I just take down every single word the guy says, no matter what relevance it has. JiYong is sitting in the back of the class room – where I told him to be – in order to stop him from distracting me – or anyone else – with the coloured bars on his screen.

“Ten minutes, and then we shall resume with the tutorial. Please do not take too long, I would rather get this done sooner.” The lecturer says.

I flip the page and start drawing. JiYong continuously asks me what I write during the breaks, I just tell him it’s my thoughts, when in reality I am doodling.

The lecturer calls everyone back to their seats. “Okay, so as we all know it is now third week and we need to get a start on group presentations for the fifth week. I have chosen pairs based on what I think will be most compatible.”

He starts reading off a roll and I ignore it. He is point from person to person, whoever is paired with me can come to me.

“H…Hello…?”

I look up to see a tall boy, handsome face, although it looks like he hasn’t slept for years. His hair is dark blonde and fluffy, it makes his sleepy handsomeness fade into a cute panda look.

“Hello,” I smile, and move my stuff to the side, he is obviously my partner for this activity. “Hana.”

“ZiTao…” he sits, smiling shyly. His cheeks are slightly pink as he looks down at his book, then at mine. “You…Draw?”

I nod, “Should I speak simply?”

I am worried that if I don’t he won’t be able to keep up, the poor cutie pie.

He shakes his head, “I understand… Just… Speaking is difficult?”

I nod again, smiling more. “Okay. Well if we get this project done quickly shall I help you with your speech?”

“Really?” his eyes light up and he flashes his teeth in his smile, I can feel him bouncing in his chair as his smile gets bigger and bigger.

“Sure.” His reaction is so adorable I wish I could just wrap my arms around him and bounce with him.

The lecturer clears his throat and all attention is back on him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After class JiYong follows ZiTao and I to the library. He doesn’t say much, instead turns his music up louder as we start talking about the project.

“Do you think we can put a lot of images?”

“Yes! And colour!”

“Oh yes! And what about…?”

The project is quickly planned out, ZiTao focusing on one half and me on the other.

“ZiTao…” I look up from my book, already a page full of work done.

“Mmm?” he hums, looking through a Chinese reference book.

“Can I call you Tao?”

He looks up, smiling widely again, his eyes crescents, “Of course!”

“Wonderful~” I say, just as an alarm rings quietly, buzzing on and off.

Tao sits up straight and quickly pulls his phone out of his pocket, “To go!” he nearly screeches.

I laugh and nod, “See you later Tao.”

He is nearly out of the fish bowl when he suddenly remembers something. “Mobile?” he asks, holding out his phone, he has a shy smile again, with rosy cheeks.

I smile, understanding. Even without many words Tao is able to communicate just fine. I punch in my numbers and save my name.

“Text me whenever Tao! Bye!” I wave him off and he waves back, running down the hall and out into the main part of the library.

I sit back down, and continue on my work, really hoping to hang out with Tao again soon.

 

A/N:: I know yesterday I said I didn't have this, but I wrote it late last night... like realllly late... So I am sorry if its lame, but I just needed to introduce Tao properly. (Also note that it has been a few weeks since the first class, in case that wasn't clear)

At the moment I am writing the next chapter but I don't know if I shall update tomorrow or not... We shall seee...

Until next time <3