Relationship's and Mother's

Saving You

Hana

“You sleep with that cat like it’s your lover.” JiYong mutters from the doorway as JuJu curls closer into my chest.

“Yeah… It’s just been him and me for a while.” I reply, lifting the blankets higher over the both of us. Not even bothering to look up at JiYong.

“No boyfriend for either of you?” he asks, not moving.

I can’t help laughing. “JuJu is a boy.”

“Oh…”

I pat the bed in front of JuJu, gesturing for JiYong to come sit down.

“So… no girlfriend for the cat?” He asks, sitting on the floor close to my bed.

I shake my head. “No… But he did flirt with the neighbour’s male cat before we moved in here.”

Now it’s JiYong’s turn to laugh. “A single girl with a gay cat. Wonderful.”

“What about you?” I ask, “Any boyfriends or girlfriends?”

He sighs, shaking his head. “Not recently. I can’t afford one.”

I nod, “I get it. I don’t get the approval for any relationships…”

I JuJu’s fur.

“You’re Mother?”

“Sometimes…” I say, not looking up from my sleeping cat. I feel like my smile is sad in a way. “I wish that he would turn into a human so I could bring him to Mum and ask her to be proud. Because I have found someone who loves me so much and so unconditionally… But then I think of how that would go down and remember that I’m not meant to have anyone in my life to keep me happy until she can have someone…”

“That’s not true. You can have anyone you want. You shouldn’t feel like you need to prove anything to her. You are your own person Hana. You deserve to be happy.” He smiles, “My Mum would love you.”

I smile shyly. “You think so?”

He nods, tracing JuJu’s fur up his nose. The cat purrs louder, lifting his head to JiYong’s touch.

“Are you going to get up at any time today? You are obviously much better.” he asks, smiling wider at JuJu’s reaction.

“Mmm… I shall get up when you leave.”

His cheeks are round, pushed up as he smiles, showing all his teeth. Sometimes I am glad I have him, seeing him smile like that makes me want to smile. Makes me want to forget about the dread I have about my Mother.

“I shall get out then.” He stands, walking towards the door. JuJu stands, stretching before he follows.

“Meanie, you’re taking my cat.”

He laughs, “Maybe he is trying to be a gentle man and let you change in peace rather than ing on you.”

I throw a pillow but it falls short and he simply shuts the door on me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classes drag on; JiYong sits behind me making his music, editing things here and there. Occasionally he will kick my chair and tell me to pay attention to the lecturer or the tutor but I don’t always listen. I’ve done all the notes already. I’ve summarised the next four weeks’ worth of readings into four pages for this class and the textbook, well let’s just say that it took a long time to get it to one double sided A4 page.

I feel lonely without Tao with me, but it’s okay because I know I shall see him in tomorrow’s class. I feel like I should get him a gift because I skipped out on two days classes due to illness…

After my last class I get an incoming call, JiYong is busy himself by buying a latte from the coffee store so I answer.

“Hello?”

“Hana? It’s your Mother. You have to come over after classes okay? I must meet JiYong. You’re happiness mentor?”

How she found out about my life amazes me because I only ever tell her that it’s good that I am trying hard and working for the top of the school. But somehow she always manages to find out every single little detail.

“Hana? You must come over for tea.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in half an hour.”

“Good! Bring the happiness guy okay? I’m sure he is doing wonders for you baby girl!” she hangs up just like that. No good bye, no see you soon. Nothing.

JiYong returns, “Home to study now work-a-holic?”

I shake my head, muttering, “We have to go see my Mum.”

JiYong nods, “Okay!” He seems too cheerful. Mum will be happy that he is happy I guess… 

 

A/N:: Hello~! Updates for you. I don't have any comments for this chapter, just wishing you all a lovely day. And honestly, comment~! Its really welcomed and I would love to hear feedback!

Until next time <3