Tea Time

Saving You

JiYong

From the moment we arrived Hana’s Mother pushing her with questions.

“Why aren’t your grades improving?”

“I’m trying mum, I study everyday…”

“Then you aren’t studying properly. You’re smart enough to get HD’s but you’re barely scraping a D!”

“Mum… I try… I do… I study all the time and still attend classes and pay attention and do all my notes…”

I nod, knowing fully well that if I told Hana’s mum the truth about how she felt about some of her classes, hell would freeze over and Hana’s mum would become a murder.

“Okay… Do more. Work harder, for your Mother.”

Hana nods and gives an inaudible sigh. “Yes mum. I will.”

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Hana shakes her head, “I’m trying to focus on studies…”

This time her mum sighs, “You need to hurry up Hana. You’re looks won’t last long so you need to secure a man. Marry him.”

Hana nods, fidgeting with the fringe of her shirt.

“JiYong.” Her mother turns to me, “You’re single, correct? What’s wrong with my Hana? Why aren’t you dating her?”

“Mum...” Hana starts but her Mother holds up a hand silencing her.

“JiYong?”

I shake my head, “Nothing is wrong with Hana. It’s just… I’m dating someone else…”

Hana looks at the floor.

“Good. That’s fine... Hana could do better than you anyway. But Hana, in all honesty, I need grandchildren. I’m not getting any younger.” She her lips, “I think I need some tea. Anyone else?”

Hana shakes her head but I ask for some, bowing at her Mother as she leaves for the kitchen.

“I’m so, so sorry!” Hana whispers. “She’s really full on… And she really didn’t mean that…”

I shrug, even though her Mother’s comment did sting. “It’s fine. She’s just concerned I guess.”

“No… It’s not…” Hana sighs, “If I had a boyfriend she would make me dump him. If I was getting better grades she would tell me not to waste my life and study less… I never win…”

I nod. “I’m sorry, I made things worse by coming didn’t I?”

Hana jumps, “No! No… She… She didn’t mean it…”

Hana’s um returns, sitting on her armchair, a single cup of tea in her hands. “You need to stop seeing the psychologist Hana. It’s too much money for me.”

“But mum, I pay for it. I don’t ask you to…”

“Hana,” her mother says, a stern look on her face. “There is nothing wrong with you. Stop spending time and money in a place that isn’t doing you any good. You need to grow up and stop playing sick. You aren’t sick Hana. There is nothing wrong with you.”

There is silence. Hana is simply nodding her head repeatedly looking at her lap. moves but no words come out. Her Mother just sits there drinking her tea.

“Really Hana, you need to grow up. Get a social life, meet a boy get married and stop wasting your money on useless crap!”

A tear falls from Hana. I know that I should do something. Anything to help but I don’t know what to do. My stomach is twisted and I can feel myself wishing to cry for Hana. Her Mother really doesn’t understand at all. Not that I understood any better, but I did have an idea of what Hana went through now.

“Yah! Hana! Talk to your Mother.” She says.

I stand quickly, grabbing Hana’s wrist. “I’m sorry, but we need to get going Hana has an extra class that she has to go to.”

I bow pulling on Hana’s wrist.

“Ah, that’s okay. That’s why she is silent. Feeling bad about missing class. Of course. Go Hana, it’s okay. I shall see you both next time.”

Hana stands bowing before I pull her out the door.

 

A/N:: Last update until Monday guys~! Have a wonderful weekend~!

I shall write lots for you!

Until next time <3