Should I Be Worried?

Saving You

Juju was splayed out on the table, limbs twitching occasionally as if proof that he was still alive. Zitao was watching the cat’s tail as it would move like a snake on its own accord. He had been there all day, sitting at the table. He would sometimes move to the kitchen and clean up the mess from breakfast that no longer remained. He would wipe down the benches as if he had just made something to eat, although he hadn’t. Not since breakfast.

He was waiting for Hana to return from where ever it was she had disappeared to. He wasn’t as surprised as Jiyong was when she had stated that she had liked them both, with a slam of her fork. Not too long after that had she emerged from her room in fresh clothes and stormed out of her apartment. When she had left, of course, Jiyong had followed, not that he had much choice. Tao wasn’t too sure the older male had caught up to Hana or not, or if he instead wandered off to Doctor Youngbae or that other crazy friend of his.

Honestly, Tao had wanted to go out and find Hana too, but instead he found himself waiting inside her apartment. No matter how much he thought about it he couldn’t bring himself to leave yet. He just found himself meandering through the main part of the house and tidying up what he had cleaned earlier.

Waiting for the woman he liked to return was hard on him. He thought more than he knew he should. He had started second guessing himself with his decisions. To tell Hana, to agree to the stupid competition with Jiyong. He truly wishes he hadn’t agreed to try and openly win Hana’s heart. Thinking more deeply about it, Tao has decided that it was probably better when they were just friends.

There would be no awkwardness if he had never have mentioned he liked her.

Tao sighs heavily, tapping at Juju’s tail. Trying to distract himself from his negative thoughts. It is for the best that he let her know his feelings. If he hadn’t told her, he would never have known he could potentially be more than a friend to her. If he hadn’t told her, he would probably be stuck watching Jiyong take her further and further away from him.

It was for the best that he told Hana how he felt.

Across town, a rather beautiful man finds himself in a bar, possibly way earlier than he expected. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be at the bar, no, he had very good intentions in coming to this place, it is just, he hadn’t really been to a bar since his boyfriend had moved from China to Korea. The two of them prefer clubs to bars. His best friend on the other hand, had a bad habit of trolling bars when it suited no one but his self-wallowing pity.

Moving closer to the back corner, Heechul finds his friend hunched over a bowl of chips with a glass of beer in his hand. The dark shadows produced from the horrid lighting of this dim dark pub like place did not help the atmosphere surrounding Jiyong. Way too soon for Heechul’s liking he finds himself pulling out a chair and sitting down. Had it been any other day, he would have demanded that they move to a more flattering light.

“You need to get a grip.” Is the first thing he says to his friend of many, many years.

“I have one,” JiYong mutters, waving his beer around to demonstrate how tight he has managed to grip the glass.

“On something a little more helpful, you idiot.” Heechul steadies JiYong’s arm and prise the glass from his fingers, taking a swig before settling the nearly empty glass in between them both. “So, my tipsy friend, tell me the news.”

Jiyong’s head collides with the table, bouncing a few times before settling completely. “I have ed up.”

The older of the two hums, coaxingly, not having enough evidence to agree or disagree to the statement.

“I told that Zitao kid, and he likes Hana, just as we thought…” a heavy sigh is released form JiYong’s lips, “It was my idea of course. Of course it was mine, no one would be stupid enough to think of something like this except me.”

“What was your plan?”

Reaching for the glass, JiYong lifts his head, sculling the last of the beer before telling Heechul of how he had messed up all chances he had. Of how he convinced himself and Zitao that it would be a good idea to compete for Hana. Of how they had agreed on the terms and conditions, then gone to bed as rivals. He spoke of how he had awoken to the smell of pancakes and of how he saw something that broke his heart. He told of how he had brushed it aside and told Hana the plan. Of how she had blurted out her feelings then ran off.

“I followed her, after I pulled on my jeans and grabbed my wallet, but by the time I had rounded the first corner I knew she had taken she was gone. I ran straight ahead, calling after her but… nothing, not one single little sign of her… I was… am… worried about her… but I know she will be safe… maybe… she only has Tao as a friend. She only has me as a confidant. She doesn’t do much but study so I went to the library… I couldn’t find her Hee, I just couldn’t…”

“And that was when you found yourself in a bar sulking. So you called your one and only fabulous friend to try and help you sort out something that cannot be fixed?”

Again JiYong lets his head crash against the table.

“Now, now,” Heechul mutters, lifting his friend up out of his seat, “It can’t be fixed but it can be solved… eventually.” He smiles softly as he starts to carry JiYong out of the bar. “First, you need to get yourself cleaned up then go back home. Carry out your stupid plan and see where it leads you.”

“I’m so sure she hates me now… for making her choose.”

Heechul pauses, hitting JiYong lightly on the head, “She hates herself right now dumbo. She just told the two people who care about her how she feels towards them and now she has no idea what she is going to do with herself. She doesn’t hate you. She just… doesn’t know what to do about you…”

Now out in the street JiYong nods.

“I’m going to bet on you, so try to win this fight okay idiot?”

 

A/N:: Hi hi, sorry its been so long I have had a tadof writers block and then I changed university degree's and now I have a head cold so life is getting busier and busier. I don't know how regular my updating will be so I can't or rather, won't promise much to you right now. But I can say that it will start getting more interesting - I hope. 

Anyway thank you for being so paitent for me and I would love to hear from you all <3