Feelings and Emptiness

Saving You

JiYong hadn’t gone too well in the haunted house. Towards the end he had ended up running out because he was scared that they really were after him. He didn’t scream – to his credit – but he did leave Hana on her own inside the haunted house while there were several actors chasing her – one with what looked and sounded like a real chainsaw. Hana had screamed, the most girly and frightening scream she could muster. And run through the remaining maze of cobwebs and fake skeletons. When she had met back up with JiYong she yelled at him and hit him on the back of the head.

“You shouldn’t have left me! It was frightening!” she had screamed at him.

And that was when JiYong realised he should never make Hana mad, like really mad, he had seen her angry before and annoyed by they weren’t as frightening. JiYong had apologised at least a hundred times over and only ended up winning her acceptance when he bought her another bear – chocolate coloured this time, which Hana named Eunhee.

On the drive home both Gain and Eunhee had an entire life story and Hana had mentioned to JiYong that they were forever going to be happy together. As long as Juju didn’t use them to sharpen his claws.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Time passes, as it does, and the session was slowly coming to an end. It was not until it a lecturer mentioned in class that exams were coming up did Hana even realise.

She had two weeks before her exams would start and JiYong would leave. Two weeks and then it would all be over, she would have to pick between Tao and JiYong – who had been so kind too her for the last few weeks since they had confessed. Two weeks to study for the finals.

It was the day after this shock announcement that Tao made her feel better, saying that he was going to stay till he finished his degree rather than till the end of next session.

“No matter what you decide I want to stay your friend, and I don’t really want to go back to China yet. I would miss you too much.” He had said, making Hana blush more than she would have realised.

After Hana helped him with reading some of the paperwork he needed to sign in order to stay for so long, they talked about their exam. Deciding to study together a few times before it came. JiYong didn’t say anything, much to Hana’s surprise, thinking that he would reject the idea instantly. But he didn’t.

He didn’t say anything about the end of the session either. Nothing about would happen in two weeks even though he knew what they meant. He didn’t even mention the competition that he and Tao had, that talk having dwindled over a week ago. Hana tried not to think anything of it, but it bothered her. No matter how much she distracted herself with study or textbooks.

Even Seunghyun couldn’t help her calm down about the topic, she called him more often now that her decision needed to be made soon. She would call him for advice and just to avoid thinking in general, forcing him to let her be his tutor over the phone, he didn’t seem to mind much. He even helped her devise a point system early on, stating that it would be easier to decide who to date after with the point system.

“It will work like this, every time you go on a date you will need to award points for feel, atmosphere and chivalry. A maximum of five points for each section. One point will mean that you didn’t enjoy the way it felt, the atmosphere wasn’t good or he wasn’t kind enough to you. Then five will be the best of the best. Keep it written down in a book or something and at the end you will know will know who to pick based on how they make you feel, the atmosphere when you are with them and how they treat you.” He had said.

And it made sense. So after every outing Hana had with either Tao or JiYong she wrote about it and gave it a score. After the first few dates Hana realised that chivalry was a useless category, as she kept giving both males a five. So she ended up crossing it off, Seunghyun had agreed it was a good idea to remove it.

Still the point system didn’t seem to help her much.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

During one of their study sessions together, Hana had to excuse herself after receiving a call. She exited the library as quickly as she could in order to answer her phone, in her hurry she hadn’t even checked who was calling, she was too worried about disturbing the patrons in the library.

“Hello?”

“Hana! How are you my baby girl? Studying hard?” her mother’s voice echo’s over the phone and Hana can feel her heart instantly drop. She doesn’t want to talk to her mother. Not today of all days. Today was a good day. Today she was studying, today she felt like she could be cheerful. And now… Today was ruined.

“Hana?” her mother calls.

“Yes Mum, studying for exams.” She whispers.

“Not too hard though right? Still seeing JiYong?” she can practically hear her mother smiling.

“He is still around…”

“Oh God Hana, you know you can do so much better than him right?” Her mother starts and Hana looks at her feet, trying to block out her mother as she rants about all the things she should be doing with her life.

“Become a great accountant, or change into a degree of medicine!”

“Get a fantastic husband!”

“Focus on studies.”

“You aren’t getting any prettier!”

“There is plenty of time to date, for now just relax.”

“I want grandchildren!”

“I don’t want you having ; you are too young to get pregnant.”

“You need to stop seeing the psychologist! It’s a waste of time.”

“I love you just the way you are.”

After that she hangs up, leaving Hana feeling empty again. She doesn’t return to the library, instead she makes her way home, thinking that it would be best to sleep some more.

Texting JiYong and Tao as soon as she arrives at her door. She doesn’t wait for their reply, simply turning off her phone and moving into the apartment to relieve herself of this empty feeling.

Her traditional ways may not work this time.

 

A/N:: Okay so... that lead somewhere that I probably didn't think it would...
If you need help with anything, emotional, pyhscial, anything please contact someone. Talking about it is hard but it helps a lot more than you think.

In other news BIGBANG have released a teaser imagd and~ a video that is awesome! I cant wait for their comeback!! (Kind of why I am giving you this update today. I was going to save it for another day next week buuut BIGBANG made me so excited!)

This is nearly over guys, soon it will come to an end and I will have finished my first ever "full length" story. Thank you for your support~! 

Until next time <3