Trial Period

Saving You

JiYong

Hana doesn’t laugh back.  I thought it was a fair joke, but she just stares at me, her eyes screaming at me to shut up. So I do.

No laughing. Apparently a new unspoken rule.

I feel terrible. First YongBae scolded me for being broke and needing his help to find a job – which I didn’t really ask for in the first place he just suggested that I work underneath him… I don’t even think he has the right to scold me, he is only a few months older than me anyway…

And now Hana, a girl that I spoke to out of pure curiosity is silently scolding me for laughing.

 “There is a day... Twenty four hours from the time you leave my office… Not long I know, but if you don’t feel comfortable with JiYong as your mentor you can say no. I would rather my patients feel safe than unwillingly stick to a program for a week until the trial period is up.” YongBae says, “But, I must tell you. JiYong is a great person. He is kind and funny and,” YongBae leans forward, “He will clean your house for free. He hates mess.”

Hana laughs; it’s not a high pitch laugh, but a sweet laugh that matches her nicely.

So laughing is okay?

I still don’t see how she can be depressed. Maybe a little, but still… Not enough to see a shrink… Maybe she has more anger management issues…

“Okay, that’s good. My apartment is a little messy… I don’t have the time to clean it all up in between classes and studying.” She says, smiling.

Oh Lord, please don’t let her apartment have a semesters worth of dust, food and rubbish around it. Please. I shall be good for the rest of the year; I shall do whatever it is you need of me…

“Wonderful, so you are in?” YongBae asks, picking up two stapled piles of paper with red and blue sticky tags on them.

Hana nods. “Anything for lesser fees.”

YongBae hands us each a pile and tells us where to sign. I am blue and she is red. Which because I really like the colour red.

Red, black and white are my favourite colours… even though people say that black and white are shades not colours… I don’t get that…

The contract is basically stating that I shall do nothing inappropriate and that if Hana feels like I am she has every right to stop the contract at any time or switch me out for another person. I think this is fair. I mean, I’m a guy. She’s a girl. Things could go a little… you know.

“Okay, all done. JiYong has twenty four hours from now to convince you that this is the right thing to do.”

Hana shakes her head, looking at her phone which she pulled out of nowhere. “I need to take this…”

She stands and exits the room, talking quietly and YongBae takes note of something’s before turning to me.

“She will accept the program.” He says flatly, “You will get the amount we agreed on once she does, although part of that will be taken for rent and food whilst you live at Hana’s. You will still get plenty of money to keep you above water.”

I nod, unsure of how he is so sure that Hana will accept the program straight after asking for the trial period.

Hana comes in and looks at the floor, “I think I might stick to it if he is going to pay rent. I don’t need the trial period…”

YongBae nods, smiling like an all knowing idiot, “Did your Mother call you again?”

Hana just nods, before forcing a smile. “Okay. Let’s get going. I don’t particularly wish to stay any longer than necessary Doctor YongBae; I have lots of work to do now.”

YongBae nods again, standing. “Thank you for your time and accepting the program.”

How did he do that?

 

A/N:: What are your thoughts? I don't know how I am going to be honest... 
Did JiYong turn out okay? I still don't think this is right... He is meant to be sweet and caring yet a bit of jerk because thats how I see him... Did it turn out that way?

Anyway, thank you for reading subscribing and commenting. It really motivates me. ^^

Until next time <3